Season Starts Tomorrow

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Toledo Blade

Reaction score
Watching the Blades last Tuesday was painful, nothing was right. The intensity was not there. The players seemed to give up after the equaliser and that was frightening to see. They tried but I just had the feeling the vibe was not there in the team. That desire from within to fight back and turn things around was missing.

United struggled as a whole defensively not just the back four the entire team, they allowed Shrewsbury to play far so much football and that really cost them. The back four can not be blamed every time United concede, the entire team has to take responsibility. I just feel that after the equaliser United had no intention or meaning to come back into the game. They looked beaten. The heart and desire was way down the players could not find anything from within to get better and improve. There are not enough characters in the team to give them a kick up the backside nowhere near enough.

Its not the quality they are missing it is the leadership and direction, if you look at the team on Tuesday there are very few personalities, the team needs to be driven on. When you mix character and quality you create a very good team which we do not have currently. It is concerning because you don't see anybody in the dressing room who is going to pull the players up Nigel Atkins can only do so much on the training ground and the touchline, players need to be leaders on the field. Two players need to lead by example while another two need to shouting, directing and organising, at the moment I am struggling to see any.

Lets hope our fortunes turn around from tomorrow, it has got to at some stage, we are still excited about our long journey tomorrow, lets hope we have something to cheer rather than Boo.

Well that sorts it then, I just hope someone tells the players and management that the season starts tomorrow :)

Watching the Blades last Tuesday was painful, nothing was right. The intensity was not there. The players seemed to give up after the equaliser and that was frightening to see. They tried but I just had the feeling the vibe was not there in the team. That desire from within to fight back and turn things around was missing.

United struggled as a whole defensively not just the back four the entire team, they allowed Shrewsbury to play far so much football and that really cost them. The back four can not be blamed every time United concede, the entire team has to take responsibility. I just feel that after the equaliser United had no intention or meaning to come back into the game. They looked beaten. The heart and desire was way down the players could not find anything from within to get better and improve. There are not enough characters in the team to give them a kick up the backside nowhere near enough.

Its not the quality they are missing it is the leadership and direction, if you look at the team on Tuesday there are very few personalities, the team needs to be driven on. When you mix character and quality you create a very good team which we do not have currently. It is concerning because you don't see anybody in the dressing room who is going to pull the players up Nigel Atkins can only do so much on the training ground and the touchline, players need to be leaders on the field. Two players need to lead by example while another two need to shouting, directing and organising, at the moment I am struggling to see any.

Lets hope our fortunes turn around from tomorrow, it has got to at some stage, we are still excited about our long journey tomorrow, lets hope we have something to cheer rather than Boo.

As a relative newcomer myself, welcome to the board Toledo. It's good to see your positivety but don't worry it will soon be knocked out of you! ;)

Tuesday was the darkest hour before the dawn.

We live in hope! ( a small village near Castelton ).:)

Problem is we still lack the leaders and there is a lot of football to play between now and January. Carry on like this and top 2 will have gone by January.

I agree we lack leaders but there's no body in the current squad who will step up to the plate. Brayford coming back is a boost but he's not a leader, he's actually pretty quiet on the pitch.

Basham isn't a leader, Collins isn't a leader, Howard isn't, Sharp isn't, Sammon isn't. Hammond is supposed to be but he's shown no leadership qualities so far. His attitude in the second half on Tuesday was better than most of the side but he was still exceptionally poor.

If we all had the opportunity to play for the Blades we'd all show leadership qualities 'cos it matters so much to us. We wouldn't care who we upset. Alan Shearer would've have done anything for that black and white shirt.

Now's the time for Billy Sharp to start using his heart and show some true leadership qualities.

Much depends on what has happened behind closed doors this week.

This has been an opportunity for Adkins to tell a few home-truths.

Team selection will say a lot.

I think a couple of players will have been told they no longer figure.

I think the players and us fans will see a different manager this weekend. the gloves will be off.

I hope the players have responded to the bollockings by telling the manager exactly what they think too.

The net result can go one of two ways.

I remember last year going to Barnsley and they were on a good run and we were the team struggling for form. If they had beat us our play off hopes would have been hanging by a thread. As we all know we won comfortably.
Same again tomorrow blades.:)

Reactions: Dkc

You're funny...

Looking at the fixtures coming up tomorrow looks like the best chance of League a win until the middle of January. But then I thought that about Tuesday before the game.

Defeat tomorrow and I fear where we will end up this season.

Season starting with us on minus 12 points?

We're shit enough as it is without being shat on like that.

Barnsley will win. There's a slither of light at their end. You can just see them creeping around the corner at the moment and we are miles away from the corner.

I'm dreading this game.
a slither of light 1 win and 9 defeats in last 10 for Barnsley
we sacked Weir for less

our last 10 record blinds that

Its alright saying a new season starts tommorow but we have the same players . To impress the new manager you would have thought the new season would have started when the new season began properly months ago we may well win tommorow but they have been playing worse than us lately lets see what happens in the next 10 games butbdont hold your breath

Toledo Blade is right. Our season does start tomorrow. What has happened is in the past, now we will come back stronger. I also heard a new vitality and fighting spirit in Adkins' voice on Look North this evening (we can get it on Sky channel 956 here in Leicester;)).
To Oakwell and Onwards!
I went to Anfield last night to watch the Europa League game...This WILL be us in the very near future!

Attachments

• IMG-20151126-00139.jpg
    IMG-20151126-00139.jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Individually the players we have are good enough to hold their own in this division, collectively it's not a bad team at all on paper but in reality the team attitude is poor and their confidence in each other is low and we desperately need some one to bring back the team spirit we are lacking..
Our best hope at present is that Brayford can return and give the team the boost he gave it when he first arrived.
I know that's asking a lot of him but out of all the players down there at present in my opinion he's the only one capable of giving the team that toe hold to climb back up the league again...
UTB

a slither of light 1 win and 9 defeats in last 10 for Barnsley
we sacked Weir for less

our last 10 record blinds that

Yes but they have stuck with Johnson and they've had two decent performances in their last two. Won the first and were simply out scored in the second.

We have just been shit for roughly the same run of games.

Tomorrow will be a real defining moment, things are pretty bad at Utd, but Barnsley are in a far worse position than we are.

If Nigel Adkins can't muster the squad to come away with three points from Oakwell tomorrow, he might as well apologise to the board, hang up his managers coat and get the liniment oil out again :(

Be interesting to see how many players look up for it tomorrow, it will be bear pit atmosphere, it always is when we go there and to repeat the cliche that tends to come along in times like this lets see if we can get "a response" from the players.

Yes but they have stuck with Johnson and they've had two decent performances in their last two. Won the first and were simply out scored in the second.

We have just been shit for roughly the same run of games.
didnt know we had sacked Adkins , sorry
we have 2 3-0 wins in that run of last 10
hope we are 3-0 winning shit today

didnt know we had sacked Adkins , sorry
we have 2 3-0 wins in that run of last 10
hope we are 3-0 winning shit today

You're full of it mate and where did I infer that we had sacked anyone? You're saying we sacked Weir for less than Barnsley's bad run, I'm simply saying Barnsley have chosen to stick with him.

What you seem to be conveniently ignoring as usual is the very valid point I'm making.....our last two performances have been poor, their last two have been vastly improved. Hence on current form I'm suggesting they may well beat us. We have been largely crap for the same run of games they have but they seem to be showing signs of turning the corner and we aren't. The fact that they haven't sacked their manager and that we have had 2 x 3-0 wins are both irrelevant to the point I was making.

I'm still unconvinced that you're not on the wind up but it's good fun humouring you win pointless debate.

You're full of it mate and where did I infer that we had sacked anyone? You're saying we sacked Weir for less than Barnsley's bad run, I'm simply saying Barnsley have chosen to stick with him.

What you seem to be conveniently ignoring as usual is the very valid point I'm making.....our last two performances have been poor, their last two have been vastly improved. Hence on current form I'm suggesting they may well beat us. We have been largely crap for the same run of games they have but they seem to be showing signs of turning the corner and we aren't. The fact that they haven't sacked their manager and that we have had 2 x 3-0 wins are both irrelevant to the point I was making.

I'm still unconvinced that you're not on the wind up but it's good fun humouring you win pointless debate.

all teams have poor runs

Chelsea are a point in case
who saw that coming
theres two thirds of the season left , , time to make changes

your point was there was a slither of promise at barnsley
was 2 3-0 wins a bit more than a slither then

all teams have poor runs

Chelsea are a point in case
who saw that coming
theres two thirds of the season left , , time to make changes

your point was there was a slither of promise at barnsley
was 2 3-0 wins a bit more than a slither then

You should be a professional spin doctor.

Their current form (last two games) showed there was a little hope for them. Don't twist a perfectly straight forward point.

Back
Top Bottom