Seaman Save

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was sat right on the line, felt for sure it was in.

Only realised when I saw it again the other day that Pesch was offside so it probably wouldn't have counted anyway had it gone in.

Only realised when I saw it again the other day that Pesch was offside so it probably wouldn't have counted anyway had it gone in.

I'm sorry if it's been making you feel better all these years WH, but he definitely wasn't. I'm trying to upload the image and failing, but he's still on side after Asaba hits it. It would have counted but for an incredible save.

linesman didnt put his flag up?

I'm sorry if it's been making you feel better all these years WH, but he definitely wasn't. I'm trying to upload the image and failing, but he's still on side after Asaba hits it. It would have counted but for an incredible save.

Definitely onside

Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 12.10.04.png

Have to agree I thought he was offside goes to show that we would not be good linesmen, brilliant save, reactions of a cat.

I was sat behind that net for that save as well.

Could not believe he saved it.

Could not believe he saved it. We deserved at least a draw.

I couldn't believe he saved it...but even if he hadn't the ref would have stolen up at a corner and headed the winner for them in the last minute of extra time anyway.

Seaman had been enormously overrated for years at the time and that save 'validated' him. Bang average keeper lucky to play international football.

I was right behind it. The second greatest save I've ever seen live (Hodgy's double save v Liverpool at the Lane was the greatest).

I couldn't fathom how he saved it and was in disbelief until I viewed it on TV later.

I've never thought about how close Seaman was to scooping the ball back onto Pesch's head for a follow up.
He's millimetres from connecting after the save too.
It gets better every time you watch it, the appreciation for the save I mean!
The outcome still hurts.

I was on the top tier of the Stretford End, front row. Saw it in all its glory.
My main memory of that day is Poll being an utter cuntoid from start to finish, he probably sucked Wengers cock at half time for good measure as well.

But I don't think I've ever been prouder of a United team than that day. We faced a virtually unbeatable Arsenal side and fought them all the way. With a fraction of good fortune, the story could have been so much different. They gave it their all.

Fast forward to present day however........well I'll leave it at that.

I was on the top tier of the Stretford End, front row. Saw it in all its glory.
My main memory of that day is Poll being an utter cuntoid from start to finish, he probably sucked Wengers cock at half time for good measure as well.

But I don't think I've ever been prouder of a United team than that day. We faced a virtually unbeatable Arsenal side and fought them all the way. With a fraction of good fortune, the story could have been so much different. They gave it their all.

Fast forward to present day however........well I'll leave it at that.

From memory, wasn't one of the stats that day that our entire team cost less than one of their players? Or something like that?

From memory, wasn't one of the stats that day that our entire team cost less than one of their players? Or something like that?

There was a spread in the Mirror comparing and contrasting the two sides with various stats. Basically as if it was Real Madrid playing a bunch of postmen from Luxembourg. I remember that much.

Back
Top Bottom