Scougall, time to give him a rest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Harry's Game

Reaction score
He needs to drop back into the under 21s for while and try to find some form, at the moment he is running around like a ten year old chasing a beach ball on a windy day with no end product when he does get hold of the ball.

Reed should be the man in possession now even if it means we lose him in the summer, we have to give ourselves every chnace to not only to make sure we get into the play offs but to get into them in good form, at the moment we are drifting and with a tough January coming up we could find our selves out side the top six if we don't start winning again.

Totally agree that he needs time out of the first team.

I agree Scougall needs dropping but I don't think Reed in the answer yet either.

what we could really do with is a fully fit James Wallace, but that's about as likely to happen as me having A threesome with Scarlett Johnasson and Jennifer Lawrence.

Reed and Cuvelier not fit to start today, and Basham (rightly) at CH. Not sure what other options we had other than Scoogs ?

I know we already have about 637 midfielders, but I still think a quality centre-mid in january would be a big boost.

I've had a busy year at work, feeling a bit jaded now, wonder if my manager will give me a rest. Football's his job, if he needs to keep taking a rest then he should fuck off and find something less taxing.

Namby pamby fuckers, need to grow a pair, not get wrapped in cotton wool.

I've had a busy year at work, feeling a bit jaded now, wonder if my manager will give me a rest. Football's his job, if he needs to keep taking a rest then he should fuck off and find something less taxing.

Scougs is not fit and seems to have a confidence issue . A mistake to pick him today . James Wallace would be playing every week , if fit , but one game in 8 is becoming a liability. Again much of a muchness in midfield which is starting to tell more and more.

UTB

Not fit and low on confidence? Aww bless, I'm so sorry if I upset the little chicken :tumbleweed:

Drop him, I can't believe he played another 90 minutes again, he has been one of our worst players this season but always seems to be on the teamsheet.

Agree with that - the lad is completely unproductive - tried hard, but it just isn't happening where it matters.

Setting nothing up for others - not getting in the box, not scoring, yet stays on the team sheet - strange again from our Mr Clough.

The irony is, we drop 2 points yet are still 1 point nearer the top team - what a waste today against a piss poor Walsall team.

UTB

I like Scougs but he has been a pale shadow of himself. When he gets the ball and goes on one of his runs he always looks like he is going to be dispossessed and usually is. Would have to see there goal again, but from where I was sat it all seemed to stem from a neshed tackle by him on the edge of our area.

I like Scougs but he has been a pale shadow of himself. When he gets the ball and goes on one of his runs he always looks like he is going to be dispossessed and usually is. Would have to see there goal again, but from where I was sat it all seemed to stem from a neshed tackle by him on the edge of our area.

Cant remember if he neshed it or not.

The main issue with the Walsall goal was mcgahey got "pulled" towards the centre and left the Walsall lad in acres of space - the oodles of space allowed him to pick out whoever to score - but the whoever was completely unmarked - yet ANOTHER simple ball into the box where we concede.

I like Basham at Centre half - great skill and composure, but we MUST have at least one centre half who is commanding in the air - sadly Bashenbaur or mceverly are not capable of being that type of defender. We can get away with one of them, but for all you fans who advocate Bash and Mceverly together in central defence is madness.

It is not that they can't play football, they are bother very skilful - but the First requisite of a centre half is to be able to defend and that includes balls into the box.

Two weeks on the trot - 2 balls into the box, 4 points chucked away - madness!!!!!!!

UTB

You appear to be labouring under a misapprehension. This is a thread about Scougall, not by him.

I agree, I like scoogs but he does need dropping but while we're at it lets drop Baxter too. Lazy player, he's good when he wants to be but he just looks like it's all too much of an effort for him.

I agree, I like scoogs but he does need dropping but while we're at it lets drop Baxter too. Lazy player, he's good when he wants to be but he just looks like it's all too much of an effort for him.

Baxter would be on my List to be dropped except he is probably the only player on our books able to play the pass which set up the goal.

Baxter is:
10 % top class ball artist
90 % lazy bastard.

At this moment we need that 10%..... I wish we were in a position to bring in better but we aren't.

Scoogs just ain't good enough he's fuckin shocking absolute waste of space blades you know I'm right

Reed and Cuvelier not fit to start today, and Basham (rightly) at CH. Not sure what other options we had other than Scoogs ?

I know we already have about 637 midfielders, but I still think a quality centre-mid in january would be a big boost.

The tea lady would have been more influential than Scougal has been for the last 3 months .......
If we had swapped him for sawyers in the second half we would have won that game ..... once again our 5 man midfield was dominated at home.
UTB & FTP

Scougall needed dropping months ago but people were too busy Basham bashing at that time. Baxter is another who seems to get away with sub-standard performances and effort. I had a twitter disagreement on Saturday with someone who likened Glynn Hodges to Baxter, Baxter isn't fit (literally) to lace Hodges boots.

Scougall deserves some credit for his work rate and the amount of grass he covers. We wouldn't have got away with playing 4-4-2 and having Doyle, Baxter and Murphy in it if Scougall hadn't buzzed around in the middle.

It was another "new" line up on Saturday, and we struggled to gel. Our wingers rarely got past their full backs, our full backs rarely overlapped and our tempo was too slow. Scougall doesn't really dictate the pace of the game, and when Doyle isn't that type either we lack something from the middle of the park and we didn't make the most of having two strikers.

Scougall is light weight, but Walsall kicked and bullied him plenty of times and I wish we'd had someone who could give him some protection a la Billy Whitehurst.

Billy wouldn't be playing regular these days with all the cameras lol..he'd be banned for thuggery. One of football's "hard men"

Had Flo been fit on sat I think he'd have started. I'd be happy to see Scoogs being used as an impact sub for the the next few games. He was probably an ideal player to bring on with time running out on Saturday.

Needs a rest, he's had a hectic year and perhaps a few games to get his form and fitness back would help

Scougall deserves some credit for his work rate and the amount of grass he covers. We wouldn't have got away with playing 4-4-2 and having Doyle, Baxter and Murphy in it if Scougall hadn't buzzed around in the middle.

It was another "new" line up on Saturday, and we struggled to gel. Our wingers rarely got past their full backs, our full backs rarely overlapped and our tempo was too slow. Scougall doesn't really dictate the pace of the game, and when Doyle isn't that type either we lack something from the middle of the park and we didn't make the most of having two strikers.

Scougall is light weight, but Walsall kicked and bullied him plenty of times and I wish we'd had someone who could give him some protection a la Billy Whitehurst.

Our management team seem to have struggled to get to grips with Scougal this season. He had a great impact last year, however, other sides have quickly realised how lightweight he is and that if they "shoulder" him off the ball, referees at this level will play on.

This happens multiple times every game and he is almost completely ineffective. Great work ethic, covers loads of ground, waste of a shirt. One of the reasons why we will not be promoted this season.
UTB & FTP

Back
Top Bottom