Scheduling

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BusheyBlade

Reaction score
I know it's a bit premature, but with the 5th round match between United/Preston and Manchester United/Cambridge being scheduled for the Monday night (16th Feb) a real scheduling nightmare is being created. In our case we'd have to reschedule our matches against Bristol City (planned for Saturday the 14th) and Notts County (planned for Tuesday the 17th). Even if Preston get through, as they have a match planned for the 17th they'd be in a very similar boat having to re-arrange two games instead of one.

Saturday 14 February
West Bromwich Albion v West Ham United (12.45pm) – Live on BT Sport
Crystal Palace v Liverpool or Bolton Wanderers (5.30pm) – Live on BT Sport

Sunday 15 February
Aston Villa v Leicester City (12.30pm) – Live on BBC1
Arsenal v Middlesbrough (4pm) – Live on BT Sport

Looking at the other games scheduled for TV, none of the sides involved play a midweek match that week, so why not put ours/Preston's game on the Saturday to avoid re-arranging more games needlessly. Does none of this come into consideration when they schedule these games? I can't imagine this having happened if Manchester United were in Europe this season.

Villa v Leicester on BBC 1
what a fucking inspiring choice ,I wonder how they met the criteria for that one

All Premier league tick ....
err yeah ok meeting over lunch accross the road in the pub everyone

Well, maybe the game on the 14th could be played on the Friday night? Would give us 2 days rest. I think this is outrageous to be fair and the club should complain vociferously if we go through.

Its amazing BB, we are pulling no trees up in the league yet are 90 mins away from a cup final and a 5th round tie v the might UTD (or Manchester).
Our squad, apart from the lack of a few goalscorers, looks large enough to cope.
Are our pockets gonna cope tho?

it gets fucking worse ,I will be in the air somewhere over France :(

It's going to be a busy weekend, and I'm kind of glad it's on the Monday as I'm busy most of the Saturday, the Sunday is my daughter's 2nd birthday party so at least I'm free to watch/go on the Monday. Oh, and then it's my birthday on the Tuesday :)

Villa v Leicester on BBC 1
what a fucking inspiring choice ,I wonder how they met the criteria for that one

All Premier league tick ....
err yeah ok meeting over lunch accross the road in the pub everyone

How did Preston v Cambridge get on the TV radar?

Back
Top Bottom