S24SU. A better place to be.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Woodwardfan

Woodwardfan
Reaction score
About an hour into the Donny match Howard saved a penalty. A few minutes later Murphy scored a worldie.

In that short time, maybe what will become the defining moments of our season, the mood on this site changed beyond recognition. It is a fun place to be once again. Imagine what the mood would have been without the save, down to 10 men and probably three points worse off in mid-table.

I cant help but feel uneasy should this be a false dawn, but there are 30 games left to play for and there will be ups and downs along the way.

With so many home games ahead of us there is a chance to build on those precious moments at Donny. If all doesn't go quite right, lets show the manager we are still there pissing out of the tent rather than into it.

It is a fun place to be once again. .

You're wrong. It is always a fun place. Why, because we have such diverse people on here that even in our darkest hours there is some smart alec who lightens the mood and puts things back into perspective.
It is also a caring place where despite disagreements in threads many are willing to help others on here with almost anything if they can. People who have never met each other give tips and tricks to help others out of a jam if they can. In the days of little community interaction, we have a special one that we can all visit.Those who struggle to get out can interact with the rest and whilst there is one big common interest you can speak to people without fear of things being blown out of your meaning too much. Stranded in some far off place, you can get a feel for home and get proper news on your team from the people who it means most to the fans.
Thanks to Foxy and Linz and anyone else who helps to run it.

• Banned
You're wrong. It is always a fun place. Why, because we have such diverse people on here that even in our darkest hours there is some smart alec who lightens the mood and puts things back into perspective.
It is also a caring place where despite disagreements in threads many are willing to help others on here with almost anything if they can. People who have never met each other give tips and tricks to help others out of a jam if they can. In the days of little community interaction, we have a special one that we can all visit.Those who struggle to get out can interact with the rest and whilst there is one big common interest you can speak to people without fear of things being blown out of your meaning too much. Stranded in some far off place, you can get a feel for home and get proper news on your team from the people who it means most to the fans.

Boo, lend us a fiver !!!

Gave me a warm fuzzy.

I love you Boo, I love Foxy n Linz, fuck it I love everyone. Unless they support Wednesday of course.

2014-11-20-11-20-07--886938842.jpeg

Last edited:

With the soul interest of keeping this website the diverse metropolis which we all know.... I think you're a cunt :)

With the soul interest of keeping this website the diverse metropolis which we all know.... I think you're a cunt :)
Keep going with that at everyone, You'll soon find out that is a descriptive word Admin does not like

Keep going with that at everyone, You'll soon find out that is a descriptive word Admin does not like
Actually, they love the word "cunt", as will be apparent if you spend any time conversing with them. What they don't like is when it's used as a term of genuine abuse towards another forum member. That really grips their shit.

One good decision has already been made in the Ched saga - to shift all the threads to a separate section and make it members only to view. Well done for that Foxy and Linz

Well said Mr Radley, the negatives are barely visible, but the positives, well they are what each of us return to the forum for every day.

Such a wide and impressive display of informed opinion, even uninformed at times. makes this place such a vital contact spot. I don't wish to over-egg this particular topic mate, but even though some of us may never be the closest of pals, we all share that one ongoing theme that strengthens us, even when things seem at a lowpoint.

To portray this as some kind of communal necessity, a matchday or evening is a bit like the need to worship (and I speak as a born-again atheist), we go to share hymns - the GCB? - pray together, gripe together, and when, as we witnessed at Donnie last week, our intake of hope sucks Murphy's shot into the opposing goal, well is there a better feeling than this? Well maybe something sexual, but that apart, it's what's riddled through our DNA as Bladesmen, it's why we attend, through thin and sometimes thick, through the poor times (far too many of these for my liking) and the good times (SUFC at Villa and Wembley last season was spectacular to behold) we are strengthened by what this club means to us.

I love this place.

And anyone else who does should use that donate button to send a bit of their hard earned to Foxy and Linz - I can't imagine the time/effort and money they put in to not only running this place, but providing updates from matches on twitter which is invaluable if you can't make everyone.

If you have thought about donating but having yet - do it now. They deserve some help and never ask for it - which makes them all the more deserving in my book.

It is a fun place to be once again.(QUOTE)

It gives me the chance to stop talking total shit at work, and switching over to you lot talking total shit...

I love this place.

And anyone else who does should use that donate button to send a bit of their hard earned to Foxy and Linz - I can't imagine the time/effort and money they put in to not only running this place, but providing updates from matches on twitter which is invaluable if you can't make everyone.

If you have thought about donating but having yet - do it now. They deserve some help and never ask for it - which makes them all the more deserving in my book.

Thankyou, Mr Wogan. And now, singing the Greasy Chip Butty...it's the cast from Eastenders.

Fuck off

I love this place.

I have donated in the past but I've now been contacted by Jean Chopper. As a result I withdraw my patronage and want my name removed from the site.

Back
Top Bottom