Roll Call

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Old Skool

Reaction score
OK folks...............Gillingham away - Whose In and whose Not? Whatever your answer ....tell us your reason for going or not going.....

For my part....I am in...........and for several reasons...

First up...this is a new ground for me (part-timer...I know) and secondly...we have a new Manager who seems to have imbued an attacking philosophy which should ensure that whatever the result at least we will actually give it a go !!!

UTB !!!

OK folks...............Gillingham away - Whose In and whose Not? Whatever your answer ....tell us your reason for going or not going.....

First up...this is a new ground for me (part-timer...I know) and secondly...we have a new Manager who seems to have imbued an attacking philosophy which should ensure that whatever the result at least we will actually give it a go !!!

UTB !!!
Going!! With the Mrs

Work doh! !!!!!!!!:oops:
Best about it is her indoors on double shift so could have gone with no grief :confused:

Not going. I'm in Dublin for the All Ireland hurling semi final on the Sunday.

Not :(

Me and HB Jnr got our first season ticket this year.... and whereas we used to mix home and away matches, can't afford to do both this season...

(although the chances of us not going to the local matches are slim..)

Can't go unfortunately. Haven't missed the first game of the season whilst in League One though, so maybe.... :rolleyes:

Don't even go there in our house at the moment! Not a topic of conversation that will yield anything but long and bitter recriminations about who comes first in this relationship etc etc etc etc fucking etc.

Not going......now officially a member of the cripples club so grudgingly confined to my own private cell (joking!)

Rely heavily on the forum and therefore Martin's efforts. Spectacular consistency and probably the most undersung fan's forum in the UK.
If they gave awards for mental dedication Foxy (and Linz) would win hands down.

Going. And, thanks to an eagle-eyed forummer, going on the right weekend.

As I've said before, for me, because of the board and manager and where we could potentially end up, it's maybe the best time in my ~40 years to be a Blade, at least till quarter to 5 on Satdi.

I think we'll play positive adventurous football with a well-organised (but not impenetrable) defence setting out to outscore the opposition.

Crystal-Ball.png

The mists are clearing...I see...a 3-1 win.

more chance me missing my own funeral than missing the first game of the season.

Don't even go there in our house at the moment! Not a topic of conversation that will yield anything but long and bitter recriminations about who comes first in this relationship etc etc etc etc fucking etc.

You're going then :)

I am going to struggle with Saturdays this season so I'm oot

Will be sat on a sun lounger overlooking the harbour At Dubrovnik. Beer in one hand, iPad in the other watching the score update every time the ball hits the back of the Gillingham net.

I'll be there - good to have one of my 'home' games first up - a real luxury at just two-and-a-half hours away.

Mind you, Dubrovnik sounds tempting too...

Been last two seasons. Wasn't going to go as a shit drive down and if go by train,you now have to switch from St Pancs to Victoria. Then the wife said' we always go to the first game of the season' I mentioned the shit game last season and our commitment to going to less away games this season due to the cost to which her reply was..'so you are picking up the tickets tomorrow then'

See you down there :)

Not going. Always try and do first game of season no matter where it is but skint, got a lot of family stuff on this weekend too. Poor excuses.

Doubt I will get to many away games this year due to money and family commitments etc and I miss 1...possibly 2 home games at Xmas due to trip to the States and think I miss another due to a Wedding. No point having a season ticket!!!

I'm going, and I can't wait. I headed abroad shortly after the Charlton game last year, and returned a couple of months ago – getting to the season opener was in my mind the minute the fixtures were released.

UTB !!!
Wish I was going, however I live abroad at the moment, but will be tuned in for it.

Oh yes I'll be there. New ground for me and looking forward to it. The curse of the fixture gods meant I miss the Chezzy and Blackpool home games as I'll be on hols. So got to do this one, meeting up with my lad who is working in the smoke now. Has there ever been a season with fewer London fixtures I wonder?

Nope, not this one, but I'm hoping for many more away days this season - maybe more aways than homes.

Damn it weekends are dull without football

Back
Top Bottom