Right guys, which pubs are we going to pre match this saturday?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy23

Reaction score
Maybe foxy or linz have an idea?
Or anyone out there know which pubs we've been allocated?

Last edited:
There are 3 pubs within 100 yards of the railway station in Elsecar. The Fitz and Crown are ok don't bother with the one immediately across the road from the station looks a dump. Real ale aficionados there is a great pub in Chapeltown 5 mins walk from the station. In Barnsley the Old No7 is a brilliant real ale pub.

I'll be imbibing red wine in southern France.

Good luck and UTB

Ps The Fitzwilliam and Crown pubs in Elsecar do 3 real ales each. The Market inn 6 minutes walk downhill from the station has dropped off in recent years but still does real ale and is a good traditional old fashioned pub. Great juke box as well

Straight in-and- out-job this one surely?? back in Fernandes by three.

Barnsley is a bit of a real ale oasis with numerous pubs and local breweries including the Barnsley Beer Company (motto: "Thar's niver seen owt like it!") whose beers include Ronnie's Owd Cock, Shut Thi Gob, Get Thi Coit and Nutty Slack.

Barnsley is a bit of a real ale oasis with numerous pubs and local breweries including the Barnsley Beer Company (motto: "Thar's niver seen owt like it!") whose beers include Ronnie's Owd Cock, Shut Thi Gob, Get Thi Coit and Nutty Slack.

".. so while I was up north I was in this boozer, there was this fella at the bar and he's asking the barkeep to give his mate Ronnie some head on his old cock before he slurps it, and THEY call US shandy drinking nufters???"

I think going down chapeltown on the way down is your best bet.
Pubs are far better than in elsecar and it's always good seeing that Wednesday area flooded in red n white

I've heard of quite a few that will be taxi-ing it to Chap, few pints there, then train. Sounds like Chapletown will be full of Blades Saturday :)

Why isn't there a pub called The Dead Kestrel? Shows a real lack of imagination.

Anyone else feel like the OB will either tell the pubs to shut OR (worse?) herd everyone straight into the ground early doors where they aren't selling beer?

dont forget the other killer brews:

'Aar Judd killed me Kestrel'
'Fuck off yer DeeDar Bastard'
'I ad a babby wi mi sister'

Back
Top Bottom