Refs getting red card bonuses??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladesOnToast

Maximum.
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure it used to be a very rare thing a team got down to 9 men after having 2 sent off. Now we've had 3 such instances in Sheffield alone in the last fortnight, not to mention one just down the M1 last night.

Something in the water? Phase of the moon?

Interestingly, in all 4 cases the team with 9 men only narrowly lost.

Nope, just the godawful standard of officiating in this country. "Ooh they deserve respect because they have a hard job". Bollocks, so does everyone else in football.

Nope, just the godawful standard of officiating in this country. "Ooh they deserve respect because they have a hard job". Bollocks, so does everyone else in football.

Do they? I'd say playing and officiating football matches is a walk in the park. None of them have it tough. Now try a parks game where 22 still pissed individuals find new ways to hack each other to death on a pitch that resembles the Somme on the side of a mountain then you have my respect.

Do they? I'd say playing and officiating football matches is a walk in the park. None of them have it tough. Now try a parks game where 22 still pissed individuals find new ways to hack each other to death on a pitch that resembles the Somme on the side of a mountain then you have my respect.

Well yeah, that's what I'm getting at. The standard we have at this level is a joke.

Been there, done that. Dint get no t shirt. Just gobbed at.

Just looked at the Preston highlights. We don't see the beginning of the fight but I feel a bit sorry for both players. They had a moment where they both lost it, that's all. It wasn't premeditated thuggery but the ref had no choice but to send the pair of them off.

Can anyone improve on 3 that's how many I can think of : 2 players from same side sent off for fighting ?
My 3 are. Flanagan & Hales ,while playing for Charlton
G lasso & Batty for Leeds. Wrong spelling I know for Graham Lasso ?
and today 2 Preston players today.

Sure there are more. Silent ?

Surely. You can't have forgotten Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer for Newcastle, Finlay. :eek: Also, Torquay's Tyrone Marsh was sent off for getting overly aggressive with his team mate Dan Butler last season.

Ashley Grimes of Luton was sent off against Norwich even though he didn't physically attack his team mate. The ref said that Grimes' admonishment of another Luton player was so foul-mouthed that he had to be dismissed regardless.

bad performance from a ref means he gets boxing day off :rolleyes:

Can anyone improve on 3 that's how many I can think of : 2 players from same side sent off for fighting ?
My 3 are. Flanagan & Hales ,while playing for Charlton
G lasso & Batty for Leeds. Wrong spelling I know for Graham Lasso ?
and today 2 Preston players today.

Sure there are more. Silent ?
I think Le Saux and Batty were sent off playing for Blackburn in a European game, Spartak I think.

I once saw notoriously loony ref Jim Parker send off three players and book just about everyone else during what was a relatively sporting FA cup tie. He was given a score of 3 out of 10 in Match magazine for his performance. The reviewer mentioned the players being scared to go near an opponent with the ball in case they should, for some reason, get on Parker's wrong side.

The next time I saw him he disallowed a goal at the Shoreham end, scored by Blades' beloved skipper Paul Stancliffe, and then sent him off for arguing about it. Jim Parker was crazy, but he certainly had guts.

You been to Parson's Cross Park as well then.

Concord, Parsons Cross, Shiregreen, Woodthorpe, Handsworth, Stavely, Athersley. You name it I have been lumped in the air there.

I have a vague memory of one of our players getting booked for swearing at another of our players. Was it Gayle?

Back
Top Bottom