Record Breaking Season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

UpTheClough

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but does Preston's promotion mean we now have the record for the most unsuccessful play off campaigns to go with our record for most play off final losses? All credit to Preston not sure they were the best sides we've played this year but they've got a solid team and have won when they needed to and made swindon look poor. Im also glad its preston as I believe they would have been more of threat next season and I think Swindon may lose one or two players.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does Preston's promotion mean we now have the record for the most unsuccessful play off campaigns to go with our record for most play off final losses? All credit to Preston not sure they were the best sides we've played this year but they've got a solid team and have won when they needed to and made swindon look poor. Im also glad its preston as I believe they would have been more of threat next season and I think Swindon may lose one or two players.
Yep. That's us. Perennial bottlers and holder of the shittest play of challenge record, undisputed in terms of number of campaigns failed and number of finals lost and fewest goals scored in finals (nil).
Outstanding achievement eh?

Yep. That's us. Perennial bottlers and holder of the shittest play of challenge record, undisputed in terms of number of campaigns failed and number of finals lost and fewest goals scored in finals (nil).
Outstanding achievement eh?
Some may argue that our "Test match" win against Accrington in 1893 is similar to a play off match

Preston have lost 9, but they have at least won one, so as far as I'm concerned, we've now got the worst Play Off record.

No, Preston still hold the record.
Nope, they can't. If they have been successful in the play offs then they cannot be the record holder of the most unsuccessful campaigns. They may have gone the longest before winning it (9) but that's also ours for the taking now. Don't bet against it

Nope, they can't. If they have been successful in the play offs then they cannot be the record holder of the most unsuccessful campaigns. They may have gone the longest before winning it (9) but that's also ours for the taking now. Don't bet against it

Genuinely have no idea what you're on about.

They have 9 unsuccessful campaigns. We have 7 unsuccessful campaigns (8 if you count the relegation one).

But nobody who's still alive though Siles, eh?
Let's face it if we played Accrington these days we would probably fuck up.
Accrington (folded in 1896) in 1893 is not the same club as Accrington Stanley (formed in 1920)

Haven't Brentford lost 8 too? 7 in League One and this season in the Championship?

It's been another tough season to gain automatic promotion. Both teams finished with over 90points. Last season wolves and Brentford hit 103 & 94 points. In our 1st season the top two hit 101 & 93. Our missed opportunity was when Bournemouth and donny went up with 84 & 83. We need to be hitting 2pts per game next year from the off or we will be adding to our dismal playoff record again

We also have the (joint) record for the highest scoring play-off game. We did the triple. Well done Nigel.

It's been another tough season to gain automatic promotion. Both teams finished with over 90points. Last season wolves and Brentford hit 103 & 94 points. In our 1st season the top two hit 101 & 93. Our missed opportunity was when Bournemouth and donny went up with 84 & 83. We need to be hitting 2pts per game next year from the off or we will be adding to our dismal playoff record again

Yep I said the other day that was the season we should have gone up. I think we lost fewer games than them that season but we drew far too many matches.

Back
Top Bottom