Reasons to be positive

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blader

Reaction score
1.We have the best manager in the league, don't you know?
2. He treats our money as his own
3. We have millions waiting for us when we get promoted
4. Higdon scored FOURTEEN last season in eridivisie so he can't be rubbish
5. We're still gelling, when we get there... Oh the rest of the league had better watch out for that
6. We've been thrifty. Did you know paying fees for players means nothing, our league 1 reject signings will rocket us out of the league
7. We get the highest attendance in the league. That equates to league points doesn't it?
8. We're getting a new pitch
9. Charlton got promoted by only winning 1-0 every week
10. We won't be playing Wednesday again any time soon.

Seriously now, anyone who still believed we could win promotion before today SURELY has to admit now we are not good enough. We haven't played well yet, every victory has been by 1 goal and an unconvincing performance. We're miles behind the front runners and quite frankly it's pathetic for a club our size.

clutching at straws mate!

Poor signings by Clough and waiting for CE?????

5. We're still gelling, when we get there... Oh the rest of the league had better watch out for that
6. We've been thrifty. Did you know paying fees for players means nothing, our league 1 reject signings will rocket us out of the league
7. We get the highest attendance in the league. That equates to league points doesn't it?

Seriously now, anyone who still believed we could win promotion before today SURELY has to admit now we are not good enough. We haven't played well yet, every victory has been by 1 goal and an unconvincing performance. We're miles behind the front runners and quite frankly it's pathetic for a club our size.

We have L**ds syndrome kicking in even more.

Thinking we are better than this league when we are not.

Just ignore. He will do this every time we lose a game.

It was shit today and some reasoned criticism and debate should be had. Can't be done without an agenda on here though.

Just ignore. He will do this every time we lose a game.

It was shit today and some reasoned criticism and debate should be had. Can't be done without an agenda on here though.

So do you believe we will win promotion? A straight yes or no will suffice.

Results like these are heart-breakers, I don't feel positive at all about getting out of this league anytime soon, some of the performances we've seen/ heard this season are just not good enough "for any football fan", point wise we are keeping up with the pack so far, but if we don't improve our performances we will be dropping down the table.

So do you believe we will win promotion? A straight yes or no will suffice.

Why does it matter what I think? How could I possibly know? Might do, might not....May is a long way off. That's a more depressing fact given the likelihood of your "told you so" posts every time we lose one in ten.

Why does it matter what I think? How could I possibly know? Might do, might not....May is a long way off. That's a more depressing fact given the likelihood of your "told you so" posts every time we lose one in ten.
Well do you still think this team will get promotion ? It is a simple question.

Because I want us to win promotion. I don't believe our squad is anywhere near good enough to compete with Bristol City (how depressing) so it's more an open letter to the club to do something about it every time I post. I know it won't change, and whilst my pessimism (realism) may not achieve anything, neither does blind optimism.

Because I want us to win promotion. I don't believe our squad is anywhere near good enough to compete with Bristol City (how depressing) so it's more an open letter to the club to do something about it every time I post. I know it won't change, and whilst my pessimism (realism) may not achieve anything, neither does blind optimism.

What else do we have at this stage of the season but blind optimism? I'm looking at the league table and we're 10th after 8 (EIGHT) games. We have won 4, drawn 1, lost 3. It's so so, fairly average but it's the first 8 games.

Could it improve? Yes it's possible. Could it stay the same or get worse? Yes equally possible. We have no way of telling based on such a small number of games.

By the way, we are 3 points off 2nd place MK Dons....so here are two simple question for you and metalblade....do you think MK Dons are doing well? Do you think they will go up?

Bristol have made the best signings.

Agard, Ayling, Smith, Wilbraham and Freeman.

Wonder where you would be if we won 5-2 today. Its a shit result but every team has them for fuck sake. Bet you couldn't wait to crawl out from underneath your rock to tell us all how right you were even though we've lost 1 in 7. It's bad enough losing 5-2 but reading what some people like you are typing claiming that you know how its done makes it even more frustrating. Why don't you fucking support the team and management instead of riding their backs after every game we win, draw or lose.

What else do we have at this stage of the season but blind optimism? I'm looking at the league table and we're 10th after 8 (EIGHT) games. We have won 4, drawn 1, lost 3. It's so so, fairly average but it's the first 8 games.

Could it improve? Yes it's possible. Could it stay the same or get worse? Yes equally possible. We have no way of telling based on such a small number of games.

By the way, we are 3 points off 2nd place MK Dons....so here are two simple question for you and metalblade....do you think MK Dons are doing well? Do you think they will go up?
MK franchise are scoring goals and playing decent football not scuffling 1-0 wins against the likes if Crawley and Rochdale or only giving it a go when they are 2-0 down, go figure.

Nah sorry don't buy that. 3 games, 4 games in fair enough that's too soon. 8 games is enough to tell where we are. Everyone always says 'look at the table after 10 games', well at best we'll be 6th/7th by then. We haven't played well once yet which is the biggest concern, you have to admit the signs aren't good.

hogwash , today was one game that I had as a possible loss this mk dons away and bristol city

I had preston too but we got a point there

Swindon , great home record in league one , was probably 3rd hardest game of season on paper
our starts put us against 4 of 7 sides apart from us wholl finish in the top 8 3 away from home was difficult a start as we could have had

MK franchise are scoring goals and playing decent football not scuffling 1-0 wins against the likes if Crawley and Rochdale or only giving it a go when they are 2-0 down, go figure.

Yet they have only 3 more points than our crap team.....go figure indeed :)

Nah sorry don't buy that. 3 games, 4 games in fair enough that's too soon. 8 games is enough to tell where we are. Everyone always says 'look at the table after 10 games', well at best we'll be 6th/7th by then. We haven't played well once yet which is the biggest concern, you have to admit the signs aren't good.

We play in bursts of like 10 or 20 minutes and then play shite for the other 70 or 80 minutes.

In September 2012 Bournemouth lost 5-3 away to an in form Sheffield United side.

They ended up getting automatic promotion.

You didn't answer my questions.....

I think it is much more likely that MK Dons will go up than sheffield united. Theyve already scored 21, twice our tally! Do you think we'd beat anyone 6-1? Not a hope in hell!

In September 2012 Bournemouth lost 5-3 away to an in form Sheffield United side.

Phew! The fact that most of our signings are average League 1 players and that our performances have been crap thus far was worrying me. Now I can see everything is going to be alright. o_O

hogwash , today was one game that I had as a possible loss this mk dons away and bristol city

I had preston too but we got a point there

Swindon , great home record in league one , was probably 3rd hardest game of season on paper
our starts put us against 4 of 7 sides apart from us wholl finish in the top 8 3 away from home was difficult a start as we could have had

The point is, if you want to go up you have to beat these sides as well. A promotion side should never go into a game thinking 'we'll probably lose today' just as we all did at 3pm.

I think it is much more likely that MK Dons will go up than sheffield united. Theyve already scored 21, twice our tally! Do you think we'd beat anyone 6-1? Not a hope in hell!

You think they're much more likely having lost one game less and being three points ahead? Ok.

Has to be said they did spend a bit of money too.

Although I am sure their fans went in to meltdown after that result though.

Back
Top Bottom