Reasons to be Cheerful

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
  • Crowds have held up despite the boredom factor and a good season would see 20,000 plus again. Decent attacking football will see a return to some semblance of atmosphere and the Lane will be rocking again. I for one can't wait to see us "get at" teams a bit more and not let Fleetwood come up to S2 and dominate us. That ends now hopefully.
  • Academy continues to churn out quality young players; DCL looks to be the next one off the conveyor belt and given his size I think he'll bring something different to the table. Reed can only continue to improve and we forget he's only 17!
  • We've got some very good players at this level on their day - Murphy, Scougall, Done, Basham, Brayford, Flynn are all very good players in League 1 at their best. I think McNulty in a front two (!) pairing could be a superb prospect. If you can get Howard and Harris at a consistent level they are very good performers. Wallace and TK if fit are excellent players. There's a very good squad there in patches, with the need for 3-4 quality additions.
  • The board are serious about promotion and will invest again. We should see some incoming players in the coming weeks and hopefully a better recruitment approach. We signed 20 players last season - unheard of! Let's get it right this time.
  • The days of dogmatically sticking to 4-5-1 at home should be over and we should "have a go" at teams. I'd expect a bit more tactical variation as well.
People saying its a poisoned chalice, I don't buy that. This is a fantastic opportunity for a manager. Play some decent football and the crowd will love you. If we get up into the Champ, 25,000 plus crowds are realistic and a good run would see high 20,000s.

We need a manager with a track record of delivery. Not stability, delivery. I see one outstanding candidate out there (Adkins). Let's go after him and get him.

Agree with everything you are saying, we definitely need to strengthen the squad with a couple marquee signings that are proven performers, but hopefully a different manager will bring something new to the table.
I for one would love to see a more attacking style of play, especially when at home and I think if the board make the right appointment we could be seeing that very soon, but at the same time if they get it wrong we may be destined for another mediocre defensive style season,
so fingers crossed they make the right decision.

Good opening post. Replace "conveyor belt" used to describe the academy, with "millstone" and you have it.

UTB

Jesus when I read the post heading I thought we had appointed Ian Dury:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom