Reality Vs the Bull

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

elgoog44

Reaction score
So Wilder has said so many things and nope not as bad as Adkins but still, a few things not ringing true thus far.

competition for places with in the squad, and yet we are still using a back up Centre Back and listed player in Midfield, so the competition for places not there yet, plus some of the players are purely for back up for injury's, Jake Wright for example.

We would have most of the team sorted in or by pre season, and yet here we are still chasing our tail around with some positions that needed filling as soon as still not sorted, and now we are seeming desperate and he said we were against paying over the odds for players, but now we are, another Wilder mantra easily over looked once we are not winning.

All need to come here wanting to play and with the desire to do better, not Wilders fault but not all that has been brought in is showing desire or heart in the blades shirt.

John Brayford - "best right back in the division", "we just need to get him playing like he can" now gone and freeman who he listed is first choice with no real back up.

"We have a plan and a style of play and will get the players to fit" - this one is the biggest bones of contention, we are playing nothing like we did in pre season and Wilder seems fixated on playing Clarke no matter what and it is not working, surely the style he out lined would have been drilled into the players in pre season why abandon it now the league as started?

I know he has done a lot of what he said but still find that some of what is out there is bull and not as he said it would be, a Frustrating start and hopefully he can get it right but really if he looks back over the first few months and dose a bit more of what he said maybe we would be in a better position and not now worryingly trying to bring in a few more to cover the dire start to the season, worrying time ahead if a few things are no ironed out quickly before the rot sets in.

Last edited:

So Wilder has said so many things and nope not as bad as Adkins but still, a few things not ringing true thus far.

competition for places with in the squad, and yet we are still using a back up Centre Back and listed player in Midfield, so the competition for places not there yet, plus some of the player are purely for back up for injury's, Jake Wright for example.

We would have most of the team sorted in or by pre season, and yet here we are still chasing our tail around with some positions that needed filling as soon as still not sorted, and now we are seeming desperate and against the paying over the odds for players, another Wilder mantra easily over looked once we are not winning.

All need to come here wanting to play and with the desire to do better, not Wilders fault but not all that has been brought in is showing desire or heart in the blades shirt.

John Brayford - "best right back in the division", "we just need to get him playing like he can" now gone and freeman who he listed is first choice with no real back up.

"We have a plan and a style of play and will get the players to fit" - this one is the biggest bones of contention, we are playing nothing like we did in pre season and Wilder seems fixated on playing Clarke no matter what and it is no working, surely the style he out lined would have been drilled into the players in pre season why abandon it now the league as started?

I know he has done a lot of what he said but still find that some of what is out there is bull and not as he said it would be, a Frustrating start and hopefully he can get it right but really if he looks back over the first few months and dose a bit more of what he said maybe we would be in a better position and not now worryingly trying to bring in a few more to cover the dire start to the season, worrying time ahead if a few things are no ironed out quickly before the rot sets in.
Just by watching events over the last few weeks it's pretty obvious CW is working under difficult financial restrictions. And, I suspect, like previous managers, he underestimated how fucked up we are, what a bunch of pussies most of our players are and how many he needed to ship out and how many to bring in.

Just by watching events over the last few weeks it's pretty obvious CW is working under difficult financial restrictions. And, I suspect, like previous managers, he underestimated how fucked up we are, what a bunch of pussies most of our players are and how many he needed to ship out and how many to bring in.

I think this sums it up pretty perfectly.

I think he did under estimate the Job as a whole, he seems to look like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment, and worse still looks like it is making him ill, I do feel for him but there has been a lot said that he as not lived to, but as you say the constraints are there from the board.

We are reactive rather than pro active.

For example we sell players without having replavements lined up.

Until we begin reversing this trend we will continue to regress.

and a trend no Manager seems to be able to buck.

These things take time ...... as morrisey used to say .

Will CW be given time though ..... probably not .

We are reactive rather than pro active.

For example we sell players without having replavements lined up.

Until we begin reversing this trend we will continue to regress.
That's because it takes time to properly scout players and do the background checks. We don't even have a head scout permanently employed, they come and go with the manager. We've had Dearden, Paperboy, Turnbull and now Mitchell since we've been in L1.

How much easier would it have been for CW if he'd come in, said I need players for x positions and our chief scout had opened his laptop and said 'we've got these, they've all been watched at least five times by different scouts and been filtered by me as being top picks. We've done some asking around and they're solid young pros who don't drink too much and aren't massive nobheads. I've got two or three for each position that we think are affordable.'

But instead we get a bloke who was looking at players good enough to keep his club in L1 and give him about eight weeks to find a new squad, cheap and capable of challenging for promotion. And then wonder why he's making mistakes. We manage to turn running a club into a fucking Apprentice task.

*clicks fingers*

*clicks fingers*

*clicks fingers*

Okay? Over here ... don't look over there please.

Right. Please stay focussed. We have had a fuckload of players, and a fuckload of managers and we have still descended.

*points*

McCabe

pommpey

Bull wins with Wilder, best striker in L1, made captain could be next out
Spent ages convincing Long to stay, look how that went
Best full back in L1, out on loan
Fast attacking football, 4 shots on target in 4 games
Stopped the sideways easy passing, oh yeh
Won't pay over the odds for targets, out of touch with what they can get
Move on to next target quickly, Mcfazden went on for weeks and missed

Same old, tell united fans owt and we believe it but we have ended up lower and lower for the past 9/10 seasons. When will we learn.

Things are that bad LYDON, LS26BLADE Barney (so I'm told) et al are starting to make sense and if they get any worse Pinchy will make sense anall ;)

Me, I'm going to support emmerdale United from now on.

Things are that bad LYDON, LS26BLADE Barney (so I'm told) et al are starting to make sense and if they get any worse Pinchy will make sense anall ;)

My therapist said, it's not you LYDON .. it's us fools who don't understand the world in which we live in.

That's NOT fiction either. Everyone should have a therapist. Mine's fabulous. Imagine if I hadn't what i'd post on here....

My therapist said, it's not you LYDON .. it's us fools who don't understand the world in which we live in.

That's NOT fiction either. Everyone should have a therapist. Mine's fabulous. Imagine if I hadn't what i'd post on here....
Your therapist needs to sort out his grammar and stop trying to quote Paul McCartney.

It's 'the world in which we're living'.

Same old, tell united fans owt and we believe it but we have ended up lower and lower for the past 9/10 seasons. When will we learn.

Or maybe we were right all along?

Your therapist needs to sort out his grammar and stop trying to quote Paul McCartney.

It's 'the world in which we're living'.

Imagine ...

& Lennon.

it's a she, a she... dya honestly think I LYDON would divulge all his personal 'tricities to a man...
all done very professionally with no hint of United/McCabe/Wilder but she says I have a peculiar fascination with Big Harv....

Is that why Joe Jordan married a cage-fighter so he could stop Big H havin' his wicked way wi' her?

These things take time ...... as morrisey used to say .

Will CW be given time though ..... probably not .

I hope he dose get the time to build and not Judged against Auto promotion, but in reality that is what will happen and we will be back to square one again...

That's because it takes time to properly scout players and do the background checks. We don't even have a head scout permanently employed, they come and go with the manager. We've had Dearden, Paperboy, Turnbull and now Mitchell since we've been in L1.

How much easier would it have been for CW if he'd come in, said I need players for x positions and our chief scout had opened his laptop and said 'we've got these, they've all been watched at least five times by different scouts and been filtered by me as being top picks. We've done some asking around and they're solid young pros who don't drink too much and aren't massive nobheads. I've got two or three for each position that we think are affordable.'

But instead we get a bloke who was looking at players good enough to keep his club in L1 and give him about eight weeks to find a new squad, cheap and capable of challenging for promotion. And then wonder why he's making mistakes. We manage to turn running a club into a fucking Apprentice task.

is that down to the board and us as fans wanting almost instant success, so hiring "The Right Man" which to be fair looked like Wilson/ Clough / Adkins and now Wilder, while the merry go round continues, the board should be looking to get things in place as you say a top scout that can say these are the guys we have watched them, they should get promotion or there about if played right, also maybe be reflective of the current team and the players that need moving or a rocket where the sun don't shine.

I think its apparent the infrastructure is sadly lacking, its all very well us having the nicest facilities in L1 but we now need the behind the scenes to match, so who ever we hire and fire in the hot seat as a chance to come in and do the job, its sad to think in the time we had in the championship this was not built upon then as we where with out doubt a top end Championship team, but did not build the right infrastructure for when Warnock we gone, again the board surely carry the can for that.

competition for places with in the squad, and yet we are still using a back up Centre Back and listed player in Midfield, so the competition for places not there yet, plus some of the players are purely for back up for injury's, Jake Wright for example.

We would have most of the team sorted in or by pre season, and yet here we are still chasing our tail around with some positions that needed filling as soon as still not sorted, and now we are seeming desperate and he said we were against paying over the odds for players, but now we are, another Wilder mantra easily over looked once we are not winning.

"We have a plan and a style of play and will get the players to fit" - this one is the biggest bones of contention, we are playing nothing like we did in pre season and Wilder seems fixated on playing Clarke no matter what and it is not working, surely the style he out lined would have been drilled into the players in pre season why abandon it now the league as started?

I'm sorry but in isolation he is no better than Adkins at this point. In fact right now he is all talk and no action. This can of course change but let's stop pretending it's all ok because Wilder is an ex blade.

Great post, have a like.

is that down to the board and us as fans wanting almost instant success, so hiring "The Right Man" which to be fair looked like Wilson/ Clough / Adkins and now Wilder, while the merry go round continues, the board should be looking to get things in place as you say a top scout that can say these are the guys we have watched them, they should get promotion or there about if played right, also maybe be reflective of the current team and the players that need moving or a rocket where the sun don't shine.

I think its apparent the infrastructure is sadly lacking, its all very well us having the nicest facilities in L1 but we now need the behind the scenes to match, so who ever we hire and fire in the hot seat as a chance to come in and do the job, its sad to think in the time we had in the championship this was not built upon then as we where with out doubt a top end Championship team, but did not build the right infrastructure for when Warnock we gone, again the board surely carry the can for that.

It's like having the Savoy Grill being run by the Swedish Chef from The Muppets

I'm sorry but in isolation he is no better than Adkins at this point. In fact right now he is all talk and no action. This can of course change but let's stop pretending it's all ok because Wilder is an ex blade.

I agree we seem almost unable to see past the Blade bit, that in reality he is still spouting rubbish and not living up to what he said he would, I think after the whole tripe that Adkins drivelled to us, we welcomed a hard speaking ex-blade but there have been a few moments where you look and say well he say's x and does Y, which is no better than the sugar coated sh1t Adkins feed us week in week out, only all is OK as he is a Blade.....

I agree we seem almost unable to see past the Blade bit, that in reality he is still spouting rubbish and not living up to what he said he would, I think after the whole tripe that Adkins drivelled to us, we welcomed a hard speaking ex-blade but there have been a few moments where you look and say well he say's x and does Y, which is no better than the sugar coated sh1t Adkins feed us week in week out, only all is OK as he is a Blade.....

Tell you what concerns me. He made a lot of snap decisions like getting rid of Hammond and Woolford basically telling them to fuck off. Made friends out of the fans by easy point scoring. However, having not improved since either left and by buying what currently look like equally as bad players he is starting to worry me.

Making Sharp captain was very Bladey blade but didn't have much substance. He makes some decisions no doubt but I'm not convinced he has got a single one right yet.

For me he needs to be more considered and think before making these snap judgements.

Tell you what concerns me. He made a lot of snap decisions like getting rid of Hammond and Woolford basically telling them to fuck off. Made friends out of the fans by easy point scoring. However, having not improved since either left and by buying what currently look like equally as bad players he is starting to worry me.

Making Sharp captain was very Bladey blade but didn't have much substance. He makes some decisions no doubt but I'm not convinced he has got a single one right yet.

For me he needs to be more considered and think before making these snap judgements.

Agree completely, if he is not sure don't say it and don't do it, I think he had an idea of what we wanted but still seems short of the mark now needs head down and sort it out, live to the things he said and get this lot playing his football, I think he can do it, but as got lost in the size of the job in hand.

I use GreasyChipBeattie, he's crap but cheap ;)

I really will need to start charging after this B56.
Obviously there is a ton of work to do here.

'He's crap but he's cheap'

Focussing on cost while denigrating those who try to help speaks volumes:

Deep seated resentment and self-loathing due to low self-esteem. It's all there as plain as the eye can see.
Let's start with the assumption that that your mum probably made you wear frilly trunks way beyond the age that was acceptable.
Other boys would have been wearing proper shorts or more modern looking swim wear.
You didn't like to 'stand out' but in a strange way, it fuelled your need to be noticed.
A toxic blend of frustration at having to deal with the uncomfortable feeling of being a laughing stock and the strange, yet penis-tingling sensation that came from people looking towards your nether regions robbed you of normal adolescent development.

Next, we need to consider your fear-driven anxieties.
Doubtless when playing 'stepping stones' in the shallowest of streams, your need for image-protection, would have lead to a painful decision having to be made.
"Do I risk getting wet feet but fit in with the in-crowd, or do I make my excuses and meet them on the other side having used the bridge"
After all these years of playing and replaying this scenario, you yearn for the opportunity to take the braver option and do what the 'big boys' did and cross the river on the stones.
The problem now, of course, is that each of those stones has come to represent a different hurdle in your life.
Major, life-changing 'river-stone' opportunities have been dismissed for the sake the easier 'bridge' option.

My advice would be to go and buy yourself a pair of frilly trunks (age 10 to 12) and go and run across that stream, by-passing all the stones, whereby getting your feet as wet as possible and banishing the sub-conscious feelings of unworthiness.
Maybe even have a go on the swings too, to simulate feelings of higher achievement as a motivating factor on your road to recovery.

It's difficult to guess what level of dysfunction this has had on your ability to perform in the bedroom, but I'd suggest refraining from alcohol for a while to see if things improve.

He had no choice other than to fuck them off or play them this season. That's how it works. He's been told he had to get rid before he could bring players in so he made quick decisions because he didn't have time to wait.

He had no choice other than to fuck them off or play them this season. That's how it works. He's been told he had to get rid before he could bring players in so he made quick decisions because he didn't have time to wait.

But I haven't seen anything to say we have improved. In fact you could argue that while its early days we are worse.

Not a difficult argument to make at all, we are worse. But whether we have greater potential.. therein lies the debate.

A conversation you can only ever quantify in hindsight unfortunately. Problem is Wilder has put himself in a bit of a corner because he was a new broom sweeping clean. We had all these apparently shit players and he has made significant changes.

Yes it takes time before these changes gel and start to work together but the early signs are not what you would call promising.

Back
Top Bottom