Realism

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

spongebobblade

Reaction score
First S2 4SU post for me though have been a bladesmad poster for a while now.
Not the greatest time to be a blade at the moment but we need to take stock and realise our season is far from over. We all know where the problems lie and I'm sure after Saturday if positive Nige had any doubts he won't have now. The difference I believe is that where Clough did nothing Adkins will sort it. A season isn't decided after 11 games and if we can stay in touch until January we have a chance. As much as I'd like to I've never thought we would ever walk this division though many things point to the fact we should. It's bloody frustrating being a blade but whether we like it or not we have to give the man a chance to build. Unfortunately we have an awful lot of deadwood to move on but that doesn't mean that this season is a right off. Am no clapper and can slash as good as anyone. After 5 seasons in this league we have every right to vent our frustrations and the manager and players are paid well enough to handle those expectations. It's time for Adkins to up his game now and show the qualities his was brought in for. They're is no Bristol City in league one this season. Plenty of time left yet but some crucial decisions to be made too

Welcome Sponge, Bladesmad must be like a ghost ship now.

It is mate. WAB is a decent site but still in the early stages. Quite a few familiar names on here. We all want the same though. Let's hope we get it sooner rather than later. You can't say we don't all bloody deserve it!!

First S2 4SU post for me though have been a bladesmad poster for a while now.
Not the greatest time to be a blade at the moment but we need to take stock and realise our season is far from over. We all know where the problems lie and I'm sure after Saturday if positive Nige had any doubts he won't have now. The difference I believe is that where Clough did nothing Adkins will sort it. A season isn't decided after 11 games and if we can stay in touch until January we have a chance. As much as I'd like to I've never thought we would ever walk this division though many things point to the fact we should. It's bloody frustrating being a blade but whether we like it or not we have to give the man a chance to build. Unfortunately we have an awful lot of deadwood to move on but that doesn't mean that this season is a right off. Am no clapper and can slash as good as anyone. After 5 seasons in this league we have every right to vent our frustrations and the manager and players are paid well enough to handle those expectations. It's time for Adkins to up his game now and show the qualities his was brought in for. They're is no Bristol City in league one this season. Plenty of time left yet but some crucial decisions to be made too
Welcome sbb, by the looks of it you're opinions are valued a lot more than mine.

I've been outed as a pig and urged to go back to BM for suggesting Adkins made some basic errors with his recruitment.

My only concern with a lot of fellow posters is we all moaned about negative Nigel but you have to look at the clearly "shit" squad that Nigel adkins has inherited ! if we were to achieve promotion how long would we last in the championship? Sorry guy's but we have to give him time if that means another season is this obviously weak league then so be it like another post this weekend I think we have only 9/10 players fit to wear the shirt! Most of the others belong in division 2 or the Scottish league's I have kept quiet with all the bile thrown at the board and Mr Adkins I was brought up watching the Blades in the 60s and early 70s and agree this is the worst squad ever not Nigel adkins fault but maybe the boards for setting someone on who learnt "fuck all " from his dad

Rant over :oops:

Welcome sbb, good first post but can't agree with the above. As I've said on other threads even Morinio can't polish a turd to make it play like a Chelsea player.
Certain managers can get more out of a player than others can B56, i.e. Adkins with Sharp, Clough with Murphy/ Flynny. They're are a fair few in our squad though that you are right about mate. As I said, we have quite a bit of deadwood to shift

We all have different opinions Barny, it's what makes a good forum. Disagree with you Aston about the worst squad ever. The one which slid into the 4th division made this lot look like a set of bravehearts

Welcome Sbb. I have one major concern. I like Mr Adkins. However, there is always a however. During his break from football he spent time looking at other sports. Specifically with Stuart Lancaster and England Rugby Union. Need I say more, two very similar performances and outcomes on Saturday.

Welcome sbb, by the looks of it you're opinions are valued a lot more than mine.

I've been outed as a pig and urged to go back to BM for suggesting Adkins made some basic errors with his recruitment.

Hang in there Barny.

Okay, but what exactly is it (I presume it's a forum) and what has happened to Blades Mad? Is We are Blades a recent thing because this is the first I had heard of it?

I'm using my powers of deduction Watson. It might not be We Are Blades but I reckon it is and it's a bloody inspired reasoning.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=we+are+blades

If you click and it does what is should please don't take it personally - someone did it to me and I was just seeing if it worked :)

UTMB

Okay, but what exactly is it (I presume it's a forum) and what has happened to Blades Mad? Is We are Blades a recent thing because this is the first I had heard of it?
WAB is a forum that has sprung up following yet another revamp of BM that has resulted in very little functionality but plenty of problems logging on, replying, adverts etc.
Think only Seanbeanstattoo and Herbert post on BM these days

WAB is the offspring off Bladesmad, Like The Real IRA. All three forums S2, Bladesmad and WAB have the same group of people wanting the same thing, a unified Sheffield United

Or that "he's ruined our season" after game 1, and "he's no better than Clough" and "a half decent manager would have...." after game 11.

Other than that, spot on.

UTB

Or that "he's ruined our season" after game 1, and "he's no better than Clough" and "a half decent manager would have...." after game 11.

Other than that, spot on.

UTB
Didn't I explain time and time again that I actually didn't say 'he's no better than Clough'. Or do you just read whatever fits your obsession with replying to my posts.

I'm using my powers of deduction Watson. It might not be We Are Blades but I reckon it is and it's a bloody inspired reasoning.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=we+are+blades

If you click and it does what is should please don't take it personally - someone did it to me and I was just seeing if it worked :)

UTMB
That wasn't really my point but thanks anyway.

WAB is a forum that has sprung up following yet another revamp of BM that has resulted in very little functionality but plenty of problems logging on, replying, adverts etc.
Think only Seanbeanstattoo and Herbert post on BM these days

Thank you, that's cleared it up for me now.

The malaise at SUFC stretches back way beyond Nigel Adkins and that the root cause goes beyond the current players. In my opinion it has everything to do with our absentee owners.

I imagine that the Prince is currently far too pre-occupied with playing his part in dealing with the political fallout of the recent tragedy in Mecca, for which he deserves our deepest sympathy. The last time I saw Mr McCabe on the other hand, was on the news a couple of weeks ago walking, wearing the obligatory hard hat and high visibility jacket, a few paces behind George Osborne on his recent trip to China. He is presumably positioning himself for any business opportunities that come his way as a result of Mr Osborne's current charm offensive with the Chinese or, who knows, he could even be in line for a knighthood!

The point I am making is that when the owners are dealing with major issues like that, they are hardly likely to have some tin pot, third tier football club, that they happen to own (amongst many other commercial and political interests) high up their list of priorities, particularly when 20,000 turn up to the majority of home matches. The squad clearly needs strengthening but our alleged attempts to sign players have once again failed as they did last year. That is more than a coincidence in my opinion and, I suspect, not of Mr Adkins doing. He is clearly intensely frustrated, angry and worried as we all are.

The malaise at SUFC stretches back way beyond Nigel Adkins and that the root cause goes beyond the current players. In my opinion it has everything to do with our absentee owners.

The problems have been there for umpteen years watched over by several Chairmen

I imagine that the Prince is currently far too pre-occupied with playing his part in dealing with the political fallout of the recent tragedy in Mecca, for which he deserves our deepest sympathy. The last time I saw Mr McCabe on the other hand, was on the news a couple of weeks ago walking, wearing the obligatory hard hat and high visibility jacket, a few paces behind George Osborne on his recent trip to China. He is presumably positioning himself for any business opportunities that come his way as a result of Mr Osborne's current charm offensive with the Chinese or, who knows, he could even be in line for a knighthood!

Has the Prince not appointed others to deal with all matters United ?
McCabe ,in my view has invested heavily in United, but that is in the past. His is however, one for the main chance, and has business interests in China, He has bought his place at the top table and is well positioned to possibly make a large financial gain. Will this filter down to United ? Who knows?

T
he point I am making is that when the owners are dealing with major issues like that, they are hardly likely to have some tin pot, third tier football club, that they happen to own (amongst many other commercial and political interests) high up their list of priorities, particularly when 20,000 turn up to the majority of home matches. The squad clearly needs strengthening but our alleged attempts to sign players have once again failed as they did last year. That is more than a coincidence in my opinion and, I suspect, not of Mr Adkins doing. He is clearly intensely frustrated, angry and worried as we all are.

An astute businessman will not stand by and watch his investments dwindle. Good as our attendances are, they would not sustain a club of our size without further investment

I believe Nigel Adkins is aware of the true position surrounding finances. We can only guess.

T

What has happened on BM

Having built up a solid user base, the owners of Footymad network have decided to "cash in" by swamping the BM site (and the other FM sites) with so many pop-up ads that it makes the site unuseable, certainly on a smartphone and also on a PC without ad blockers in place. The mods (who I doubt were paid) have pretty much deserted it.

Shame because for all its faults I liked Blades Mad. Nothing wrong with this place but there's surely room for more than one thriving Blades forum and I wish WAB all the best

Back
Top Bottom