Readings view of Adkins.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A bit cynical maybe but, the bit about the players not having a smile on their faces is true. They seem like rabbits caught in the headlights at times.

Spot on and deja-vu!.....coincidently last Saturday I was driving around Berkshire on the way to my son's away game and tuned into Radio Berkshire and the head reporter was going hell for leather about all the failings of the recent Reading F C managers including the current but returned McDermott. The fans and media are extremely unhappy with the management and players and if they don't buck up soon relegation is forecast. Adkins name cropped up several times and he was cited as the manager tutelage that started the current decline. They too mentioned his failings exactly as we have found in the last 9 months. Whilst Adkins is credited with all the Southampton back up the league promotions, I felt SUFC would be lucky and Adkins lucky if he repeated that record again but for the Blades. Football just doesn't work like that repeat success is even more rare and difficult only Fergie and Morinho seem to have the golden repeat successes.

A bit cynical maybe but, the bit about the players not having a smile on their faces is true. They seem like rabbits caught in the headlights at times.
Not seen the blades much this season, but after reading that, it could well be written about us, based on reports on here by fans that do go regularly.

I'm not sure about Adkins as I was.
He's not sure of his starting line up.
He's certainly isn't sure of his tactics.
And I'm not sure if he commands the dressing room.
Not a lot going for him is there.
Can't get shut though can we?:eek:

I agree entirely with the article. I can't work Nigel's tactics or system out. Seems all willy nilly to me.

They've not gotten any better since he's been gone though have they? If anything they've gotten worse and are now onto their replacements replacement.

He deffo knows his best team he nearly always plays the same starting 11.

Surely the tactics are 8 in defence and then 2 up front?

Agree about subs etc.

Most were happy with is credentials when he came here.unless you get promoted the first season in charge as a manager .its the sack most wanted clough gone. its time we stopped listening to gossip from minority of other clubs and get on with it
we dont exactly know whats going on behind the scenes so whoever came in would have the same problems to face

I understand his tactical approach and how he's had to adapt it due to our rank bad midfield and centre backs. I have to admit I'm disappointed with his subs, signings and in game tactical changes (most of the time).

all the failings of the recent Reading F C managers including the current but returned McDermott.

hmm sounds like a club not too far from S2 4SU with a trigger happy board that doesn't know what it's doing. I for one won't judge Adkins on that, just think he must be wondering what the fuck he stepped into with this job after all that.

Edit: “He was promised lots with us but it never materilised” (sic) - sounds familiar as well

"So what we have as a result is a team that seems ill-at-ease, ponderous, and one where many players seem unable or unwilling to play with urgency or to take responsibility"

:(

Oh dear.

I cannot believe how accurate that article relates to us currently.

The point about the decline in performance and achievements after half time is uncanny and what the hell goes on during the break. Last Saturday could not emphasis the point more strongly!

Substitutions.... don't get me started on these. Never been as frustrated by a manager in this area before.

Oh dear I'm annoyed by our plight again !!

Bring back negative Nigel then? Oh hang on. Shit.

Come's down to faith in Adkins.

A growing minority think he's crap and 'got lucky' a few times...the majority think he'll do the job with the right tools...
One thing is for sure..even Pep Guardiola would have struggled with the Blades this season...

Poor team selections and tactics aside. I want Adkins to succeed for the club's sake.
But being perfectly honest I don't really like the bloke anymore. . . .Is that wrong?

Come's down to faith in Adkins.

A growing minority think he's crap and 'got lucky' a few times...the majority think he'll do the job with the right tools...
One thing is for sure..even Pep Guardiola would have struggled with the Blades this season...

Either Pep or Jose would 100% struggle at the lane . However you could get a nutter like Ian Holloway , Steve Evans who would put a squad together of wafe and strays , young players on 2 bob a week and succeed .

I know we take the piss , but sometimes I think some fans are too purist , and especially the board are football snobs . I just want someone to get us out of this league and up to press we are failing on all fronts.

UTB.

I'm worried if one or two posts on here are accurate in stating that we will build the team around Hammond,complete with his two year contract o_O
I personally hope it's a wind-up

I'm worried if one or two posts on here are accurate in stating that we will build the team around Hammond,complete with his two year contract o_O
I personally hope it's a wind-up

No wind up , it's a fact .

If Adkins stays and we build a young , fit , quality side with pace , the bloke Hammond will become a Blade hero .

If we fail , he takes a dive as one of the worst signings ever. . My view we could be on to a winner , but Adkins and Co have to recruit the right young players to play around him. , not a cast for Dads Army 2.

UTB

Tbf, Reading fans are just a bunch of plastic bastards whose opinion, when it comes to football, counts about as much as MK Franchise supporters or followers of the Minnesota Timberwolves.
sickening the way they behaved at the end of beating Bradford in the cup last year - ran on the pitch at the end and lighting lighters and taunting Bradford fans (who were penned in and couldn't get at them to give them what they deserved) about the fire. Scum.

Back
Top Bottom