Ratings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slug

Reaction score
Turner 5

Brayford 5
Basham 6.5
McEveley 5.5
Harris 7

Murphy 6
Coutts 4
Doyle 7.5
Flynn 5.5

Done 6.5
McNulty 5

Holt 4
Freeman 5
Reed 5

Clough 2

That really was shite tonight. Taking your two forwards off and replacing them with a Defensive Mid and a Full Back is nothing short of pathetic and just gave an ordinary Posh side the free reign to come at us.

Flynn was clearly blowing out of his arse and avoiding challenges before he got injured and i was gobsmacked that Freemam came on for Done rather than him.

I'm sorry but Cloughy as to take the responsibility for that tonight for me.

UTB

Take 1 off everyone and it's probably about right. If 5 out of 10 is bang average, then it would flatter most of them tonight.

UTB

Turner 5

Brayford 5
Basham 6.5
McEveley 5.5
Harris 7

Murphy 6
Coutts 4
Doyle 7.5
Flynn 5.5

Done 6.5
McNulty 5

Holt 4
Freeman 5
Reed 5

Clough 2

That really was shite tonight. Taking your two forwards off and replacing them with a Defensive Mid and a Full Back is nothing short of pathetic and just gave an ordinary Posh side the free reign to come at us.

Flynn was clearly blowing out of his arse and avoiding challenges before he got injured and i was gobsmacked that Freemam came on for Done rather than him.

UTB

Some generous marks - but agree with most of that. Abysmal tonight - yet again.

Agree with the marks but one off for Harris who ultimately cost us with that mistake.

I did think i may have been a bit too generous with a few of the marks actually but gave an extra mark to a couple for effort.

The spine of the team is severely lacking

Take 1 off everyone and it's probably about right. If 5 out of 10 is bang average, then it would flatter most of them tonight.

UTB

I thought six was average, that's why i had most of them below it.

Tonight was very very poor
Peterborough wanted it much more than we did !
Clough has got to be honest !
McNulty was dire !
Even at 1-0 we looked like losers !
Done good and bad but 7 the rest garbage 5 or less
No heart, no bottle, no imagination, no good !
Look like you care, grow a pair and come out fighting on saturday!
Reputations count for nothing !
Certainly not impressed tonight however Mr Clough likes to 'dress it up' in his aftermatch interview !

Especially disappointed with our lack of confidence to take a pop. Why doesn't any one in the team want to shoot? I know Clough likes his possession game and that's quality to an extent but passing it from left, to centre, to right and vice versa on the edge of the box doesn't really project a goalscoring attitude. Even Murphy looked lacking in confidence and we've seen him produce great stuff from those areas and further out.

Poor as f*ck tonight, definitely didn't look like one of the so-called big clubs of this shite division.

Turner 5

Brayford 5
Basham 6.5
McEveley 5.5
Harris 7

Murphy 6
Coutts 4
Doyle 7.5
Flynn 5.5

Done 6.5
McNulty 5

Holt 4
Freeman 5
Reed 5

Clough 2

UTB
A bit sitting on the fence there. Afew lower and 1or2 higher.
McNulty gets a 1 for putting his shirt on the right way.

Especially disappointed with our lack of confidence to take a pop. Why doesn't any one in the team want to shoot? I know Clough likes his possession game and that's quality to an extent but passing it from left, to centre, to right and vice versa on the edge of the box doesn't really project a goalscoring attitude. Even Murphy looked lacking in confidence and we've seen him produce great stuff from those areas and further out.

Poor as f*ck tonight, definitely didn't look like one of the so-called big clubs of this shite division.

An example being in the first half when Flynny cut across the outside of their area and could have pulled the trigger even though it was on his weaker foot.

Turner 5
That really was shite tonight. Taking your two forwards off and replacing them with a Defensive Mid and a Full Back is nothing short of pathetic ....

........ gobsmacked that Freemam came on for Done rather than him.

UTB

Saved me typing
People are starting to realise there's a reason why he's dubded negative Nige. I still expect us to squeeze into the play offs but not confident if Preston (who have got a strike force not candidates for the Snow White panto) are against us.

Difficult to decide which thread to stick this on but hey, this will do!
Now I'm not usually downbeat, negative blah blah where sufc are concerned but this morning I feel much the same as I did on the way home after the game.
Peterborough were ordinary and came to negate our game plan with their untidy, ball in air policy.
It worked without too much trouble and up to Done's goal, we had no idea how to get round it. My first point is thus, we can't mix and match to suit a situation simply because we haven't the personnel to affect this, our players are mentally and physically schooled to play one way. No Higdon available, no physical presence to affect an approach change.

Generally my attitude is that while ever there are points to play for, we can achieve the impossible. However, I am of the firm opinion we will still be third tier average joes next season and not even make play offs this year.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but last night confirmed what's lurked in my thoughts most of the season.

Tonight was very very poor
Peterborough wanted it much more than we did !
Don't agree. They came for a point. If we hadn't scored we would be a point better off this morning. I thought they were dreadful, embarrassed we made them look good in the end. Are all the games costing us? If so, it doesn't bode well for the play offs.

I thought Bob Harris had one of his worst games in a United shirt, he made a lot of misplaced passes and as Sitwell says, his mistake led to the goal. He's set his standard high so perhaps I expect too much.

Back
Top Bottom