Radio Sheffield for exiled Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bartleby

Reaction score
We rescanned the channels on our TV today and I discovered we now have Radio Sheffield on channel 734 - could be handy for listening to live commentaries without the need for Bladesplayer. Might not work for those further away than we are in West Yorks but worth a look.

We rescanned the channels on our TV today and I discovered we now have Radio Sheffield on channel 734 - could be handy for listening to live commentaries without the need for Bladesplayer. Might not work for those further away than we are in West Yorks but worth a look.

Is this on Sky?

I know that you can't listen on DAB if you are outside of the region, but not sure about the Freeview.

cheers SE9 will stick to blades player then and the occasional game to get my blades fix, and here of course

I know that you can't listen on DAB if you are outside of the region, but not sure about the Freeview.

I am well outside the Radio Sheff coverage region, though still in Yorkshire. Radio York has appeared as well, so maybe they've upped the signal strength and these have now come within the freeview range for my area.

Think on Freeview and Sky the signal is scrambled during live games in the same way it is on phones.....

the problem is the restrictions on being out of the uk. The bbc blocks the commentarys.

Think on Freeview and Sky the signal is scrambled during live games in the same way it is on phones.....

could be right - I'll give it a whirl on Satdi. I have Bladesplayer anyway, though always worth knowing of cheaper options.

I've listened to the last few away games on Radio Sheffield on Freeview, as well as BBC Humberside, Nottingham and Lincolnshire that you'd expect to get I also strangely get Radio Norfolk!

The increase in signal strength is temporary. It's due to an excess of spinning electrons in the atmosphere due to an increase in sun spot activity. The electrons will decrease in number as we enter the age of Aquarius and the signal will disappear.

Have listened to a couple of matches on freeview, a lot better than radio. We had terrible coverage unless was on digital but we very rarely are

Good call that man :)

the problem is the restrictions on being out of the uk. The bbc blocks the commentarys.
You can get BladesPlayer in Spain as I have listened a couple of times when there

if you mean listening on the web, they block the live match commentaries within the UK as well.

if you mean listening on the web, they block the live match commentaries within the UK as well.

They do...feckin ridiculous in the internet age, or any other age come to think of it.

An extra boo from me for the wankers at the BBC

They do...feckin ridiculous in the internet age, or any other age come to think of it.

An extra boo from me for the wankers at the BBC
I believe it's the FA who won't allow it - all to do with broadcasting rights etc.

I believe it's the FA who won't allow it - all to do with broadcasting rights etc.

Speaks volumes about the FA . Make things as difficult as they can for exiled fans or ones who can't make the game to protect their income . Whilst on the other hand they willfully turn a fucking blind eye to managers agents and players ripping huge swathes of cash from the game .

F.A .... how apt ..... Fuck All :mad:

Well I never Winker. After all these years pissing around, walking from room to room as the radio Sheffield FM reception here in Shepley fluctuates maybe this is the answer, let's see. Thanks

Update: it is working fine, not scrambled, but it is the FM game not ours so have still had to use Bladesplayer. Unusually have found that Radio Sheffield on the website is also playing the FM game, usually there is just a "for contractual reasons this cannot be played on the internet" message.

Now come on you Blades!

Back
Top Bottom