Radio Massive

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Caveblade

Reaction score
I listened to some of the match yesterday starting with Radio Sheffield before switching to Radio Humberside to get the perspective from the other side.

After the final whistle I turned back to Sheffield, in a rather perverse way, because lets be honest, there is no better sound that that of crying pork!

If ever you needed any evidence of bias within that particular radio station, Rob Staton gave it. He was eulogising about the massiveness of the massives support along the lines of "The whole world has now seen how massive and passionate those fans are" and then followed up with the immortal line "I know we have 5 other clubs in the region but"

Does the idiot not remember a certain semi final a couple of years ago and the incredible response from an equally passionate set of fans as the 5th hit the back of the net. Equally all the clubs in our region whilst smaller than the Sheffield clubs have passionate supporters. If it is about size, our 20,000 crowds whilst enduring the rubbish we have suggests that it is Sheffield Football that drives the passion and Wednesday are merely a part of that.

Its not about how many crawl out of the woodwork for a Wembley day out, as has been pointed out, how many bloody Sanderson shirts were dragged out from piggies who haven't been to Swillsborough in years.

You cannot win the size argument, but I would like a semblance of balance from my local radio station. :mad:

I listened to some of the match yesterday starting with Radio Sheffield before switching to Radio Humberside to get the perspective from the other side.

After the final whistle I turned back to Sheffield, in a rather perverse way, because lets be honest, there is no better sound that that of crying pork!

If ever you needed any evidence of bias within that particular radio station, Rob Staton gave it. He was eulogising about the massiveness of the massives support along the lines of "The whole world has now seen how massive and passionate those fans are" and then followed up with the immortal line "I know we have 5 other clubs in the region but"

Does the idiot not remember a certain semi final a couple of years ago and the incredible response from an equally passionate set of fans as the 5th hit the back of the net. Equally all the clubs in our region whilst smaller than the Sheffield clubs have passionate supporters. If it is about size, our 20,000 crowds whilst enduring the rubbish we have suggests that it is Sheffield Football that drives the passion and Wednesday are merely a part of that.

Its not about how many crawl out of the woodwork for a Wembley day out, as has been pointed out, how many bloody Sanderson shirts were dragged out from piggies who haven't been to Swillsborough in years.

You cannot win the size argument, but I would like a semblance of balance from my local radio station. :mad:

As we know to our own cost , the size of support does not win you football matches .

It's just something else to hang your hat on , if you are unsuccessful or when you have lost .

UTB

Shame that BBC have the monopoly on local football.

There's no alternative.

Don't mind having pundits who support a specific club in our area, but when the journalists are well known to
support one particular club, it's not the impartiality that the BBC stands for and by. Though maybe it's not only
with the football?

Everyone who pays a fee to them, this is what/who we are paying for.

Last edited:
and then followed up with the immortal line "I know we have 5 other clubs in the region but"
Did he really say that? After we've taken similar numbers to wembley on numerous occasions. I personally haven't listened to RS for years, but if anyone else needed the encouragement to switch off...

"The whole world has now seen how massive and passionate those fans are" and then followed up with the immortal line "I know we have 5 other clubs in the region but"

If he said that; then that is pretty disgusting and he should be taken to task over it.

We know they are biased but at least try and pretend to be impartial. It is basically saying Wednesday are our club and the rest can go and get fucked.

"The whole world has now seen how massive and passionate those fans are" and then followed up with the immortal line "I know we have 5 other clubs in the region but"

If he said that; then that is pretty disgusting and he should be taken to task over it.

We know they are biased but at least try and pretend to be impartial. It is basically saying Wednesday are our club and the rest can go and get fucked.

I'd really like to know if he said it because if he did then I don't want someone who is that openly a Wednesday fan reporting on our games. If true, he clearly can't keep his support for his club and his emotions in check

If Hull City only sold 1 ticket and THE PIGS had sold 75,000.

It still would've finished 1-0 to Hull City.

Roygbiv 100% on it.

"Our support is AMAZING" comments spewing forth.

Sorry PIGS, your support isn't AMAZING, yesterday proved once more that you have a clear 18,000 tourists.

The only thing missing yesterday wasn't a victory, it was a selection of white-knuckle-rides and photo-ops with cartoon characters*

*Hawley, McClure, Vaughan, Ginger Tommy, Ashton, Turner et al.

Where's the face-paintin' section Dad?

If Hull City only sold 1 ticket and THE PIGS had sold 75,000.

It still would've finished 1-0 to Hull City.

Roygbiv 100% on it.

"Our support is AMAZING" comments spewing forth.

Sorry PIGS, your support isn't AMAZING, yesterday proved once more that you have a clear 18,000 tourists.

The only thing missing yesterday wasn't a victory, it was a selection of white-knuckle-rides and photo-ops with cartoon characters*

*Hawley, McClure, Vaughan, Ginger Tommy, Ashton, Turner et al.

Where's the face-paintin' section Dad?

I'm sure some will have had selfies taken with Spongebob Squarepants and the can of Irn Bru-with-limbs that were walking around the perimeter at half-time.

Fuck Radio Sheffield, Fuck Football Heaven and fuck their Pig propaganda. Switch it off and stay switched off. Well said Tyler.
Some seasons ago, spookily enough with the arrival of Staton, the bias shown by our supposedly neutral radio station became blatantly apparent. I realised this when interviewing managers, teampork s manager, whoever it was ALWAYS lasts twice as long, and sometime THREE times as long, as any other managers interview. It got to the point where as the interview dragged on with Staton asking the most banal possible questions ever I was expecting him to start asking what they were having for breakfast next morning! Plus I dont know if anyone has noticed or brought this up, they ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS have an interview with a pig player after Saturday matches. Rarely do they ever have an interview with players from other teams. But of course Radio Pig will deny any bias. TAWAT. The,re All Wankers Are nt They

I'd really like to know if he said it because if he did then I don't want someone who is that openly a Wednesday fan reporting on our games. If true, he clearly can't keep his support for his club and his emotions in check
He did say it, he said something about Chansiri seeing the potential of the club and then he said that

Unbelievable comment from a so called professional sports presenter. As said earlier their support yesterday was no different to that we've show. Numerous times in the past.

Now if they could match our support after so many kicks in the teeth we've endured, that really would be something special.

He did say it, he said something about Chansiri seeing the potential of the club and then he said that

We should really do something about this. The BBC are supposed to be impartial and he needs to taking to task about it because it's clear bias. I feel quite strongly about this because it's totally unprofessional

Not listened since Bob Jackson put away the brass band recordings.

As others have said, first visit for years. Of course it would be a large and loud following, but after a series of regular big games where you always get a kick in the teeth, AND you still come back for more, then that is worth celebrating.

The standard of sports journalism on that radio station is really poor.
I regularly tune in to the sports bulletin at half past the hour in the morning and evening when commuting to/from work. I know I shouldn't bother, but I live in hope of them having something sensible to say.

Most of the time they just play snippets from interviews conducted at the week-end passing it off as current news, sometimes they play the same clip on consecutive days, and will happily play those Saturday excerpts right unto the following Friday, still implying that this is current and newsworthy information (which is usually 'the lads done great on the park' crap

Monday morning, when you think they would recap the week end results, they rarely get a mention.
They never mention kick off times, which would be a useful reminder, particularly for those daft lunchtime on a Sunday games.
They never discuss breaking news, and are usually days behind the curve.

All these points above apply to all our teams. They are poor in reporting on everyone. But when you add in the Wednesday bias, it just makes them even more pathetic. No wonder these people eek out a living on a second rate station - they are second rate journalists. They deserve each other.

You'd expect Radio Sheffield to favour the Sheffield club as opposed to the non-Sheffield club in its coverage. No complaints there. However, Stanton should be pulled up if he basically said that the pigs are biggest club in the region. That's not a fact, and is unacceptable snorter bias.

Back
Top Bottom