racist adkins

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

He somehow got JCR injured. Adkins out.

And once more proof is given that some people have the humour gene removed at birth.

Good news is we now need another 20 threads about new signings. Oh make that 19, sorry 18........

And once more proof is given that some people have the humour gene removed at birth.

Good news is we now need another 20 threads about new signings. Oh make that 19, sorry 18........

What's Franz Carr up to these days? ;)

Ooh wait I'll get it in the rumours section

And that some are born without one at all.....

I believe there should always be a place for casual racism in any forum, no matter how well or not it is disguised.

What's Franz Carr up to these days? ;)

Ooh wait I'll get it in the rumours section

Didn't he used to have a good on field relationship with Nigel Clough (and a far worse off-field relationship with Brian)?

Seems we've missed the boat on getting Carr, should have done it last season!

And that some are born without one at all.....

I believe there should always be a place for casual racism in any forum, no matter how well or not it is disguised.

Is there any on this thread?

I think MOST people recognised the opening post as a shot at a fair few on here who accused previous Nigel of being a racist on a regular basis based on not a lot.
I'm in the same despair as Bladesway..

Sorry mate, not funny. He is here to do a job and doesn't need comments like this.

See you're a new member mate so think joke was lost on you. It's a long story that I won't go into. PM me if you like as it's been done to death.

See you're a new member mate so think joke was lost on you. It's a long story that I won't go into. PM me if you like as it's been done to death.

went over my head as well. Does it relate back to the mid to late 90's era perchance?

A new member that joined on Oct 28, 2011. If he's new what the fuck am i!

A new member that joined on Oct 28, 2011. If he's new what the fuck am i!
Ha just saw new member under his name! Must be based on number of posts not joining date.

Is there any on this thread?

I think MOST people recognised the opening post as a shot at a fair few on here who accused previous Nigel of being a racist on a regular basis based on not a lot.
I'm in the same despair as Bladesway..

Yes I agree Grecian (excellent product by the way....), of course I understand what the post was a dig at. Cloughs teams didn't generally have black players. I don't know why. Well we had JCR, Clough may have even brought him in before shipping him out. Black players make up approximately 33% of premiere league squads.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...e-diversity-at-heart-of-global-appeal-200801/

33% gives you approx 5 or 6 in every matchday squad. On many occasions we had no black players in the team or on the bench (correct me if I have this wrong). Maybe the opportunity to sign black players wasn't there for Clough, maybe those available simply weren't good enough.

It was noticeable how many black players were in the Newcastle team the other day. It's just that under Clough we didn't seem to have many. Now before anyone says the obvious 'oh, so we just sign players because of their skin colour'. No we sign good players. Evidence suggest that the Premier League sign good players and approximately a third of good players are black.

Draw whatever conclusions you wish. It's there for all to see, in black and white!......Or not!......

Yes I agree Grecian (excellent product by the way....), of course I understand what the post was a dig at. Cloughs teams didn't generally have black players. I don't know why. Well we had JCR, Clough may have even brought him in before shipping him out. Black players make up approximately 33% of premiere league squads.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com...e-diversity-at-heart-of-global-appeal-200801/

33% gives you approx 5 or 6 in every matchday squad. On many occasions we had no black players in the team or on the bench (correct me if I have this wrong). Maybe the opportunity to sign black players wasn't there for Clough, maybe those available simply weren't good enough.

It was noticeable how many black players were in the Newcastle team. It's just that under Clough we didn't seem to have many. Now before anyone says the obvious 'oh, so we just sign players because of their skin colour'. No we sign good players. Evidence suggest that the Premier League sign good players and approximately a third of good players are black.

Draw whatever conclusions you wish. It's there for all to see, in black and white!......Or not!......

How much do these black Premier League players cost?

Wonder what proportion of premiership players were actually born in Britain ?

Or is that racist ......

Wonder what proportion of premiership players were actually born in Britain ?

Or is that racist ......

Why would wondering about the nationality of players making up the Premier League be racist?

51% Sandyblade. That's from the figures from the linked article, 1st day of the season August 2012.

289 were English, Scottish, Welsh, Northern Irish players of the 568 players in first team squads.

40% (232) were English.

Bullet points below taken from the article.

• There are 568 players in first-team squads, from 72 different nations. The most nationalities used in a single season to date was 74 in 2009-10, then 73 (twice, in 2008-09 and 2011-12).
  • Of the 568 players, 183 are black, 379 white and eight Asian (two of them British Asian, those two being Neil Taylor at Swansea, whose mum is Indian, and Neil Etheridge at Fulham, born and raised in London, whose mum is from the Philippines, for whom Etheridge also plays).
  • Of all the players, 32.22 per cent are black. Of the 232 English players, 80 are black (or 34.48 per cent). Around 2 per cent of the general British population is black.
Hope that helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom