Quick Quiz Question.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

coaxingstar71

First 10 yards are in the head
Reaction score
I think I've got this right so I'm prepared to get shot down in flames if I'm wrong.

I can think of just one blades player who has featured in 3 Blades promotion winning sides....

Can you name him?

(I'm guessing someone will get it straightaway!)

Obviously too easy!!

Well that ends that thread then, unless we can wax lyrical about Stan for a few pages!

Brian Deane 1989, 1990 and 2006

Ooops wrote this before I saw above

Here's another quiz question:
Who were we playing here and what was the final score?
Brunei 0 - 1 Blades
g_legacy.jpg

I can only remember River Plate of the exotic teams we have played.

Was in China after the 83/84 promotion season. Don't know the oppo or score though.

Was in China after the 83/84 promotion season. Don't know the oppo or score though.
Agree with 83/84...... Sarawak ?? comes to mind, not sure of score or what country but far east somewhere...... did they have a monsoon during the match

Just noticed, they're all wearing proper boots too

I'm guessing either Sabah XI or Sarawak XI on our tour to Borneo and China at the end of the 1983/84 season.

Brunei 0 - 1 Blades
g_legacy.jpg

The gentleman in the uniform talking to Reg Brealey is the Sultan of Brunei, so I would guess we are playing the Brunei national team. Don't know the score.

I have spent a lot of time in Brunei. It is probably the most boring country I've ever been to.

Will Chris Wilder count when he gets us up as manager this season? He was part of the 89 and 90 squads as a player.

Brunei 0 - 1 Blades
g_legacy.jpg
Paul Tomlinson is the keeper, Paddy McGeeney is to his right. Brian Smith's face is just behind the Sultan's head, don't know the player next to Smith, Lee Walshaw, Tony Philliskirk and Paul Smith are there too

Paul Tomlinson is the keeper, Paddy McGeeney is to his right. Brian Smith's face is just behind the Sultan's head, don't know the player next to Smith, Lee Walshaw, Tony Philliskirk and Paul Smith are there too
Is the one on the left a young Colonel Gaddafi ?

Back
Top Bottom