Quick out of ten

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

P

pommpey

Howard 7/10. Good blocks in first half from Kane. Could have stood on a stepladder and wouldn't have got that free kick
Flynn 6/10 (edited). He grafts, but runs into nowhere a bit too soon and seems uncomposed in the challenge. Need Brayford in there. Decent cross for Adams first and through ball for Reed
McEverley 6/10. Roughed up a bit fro Kane. Did okay for a young un and looked knackered at the end
Basham 7/10 Its still not his position and he was left wanting in places and tried to get up the pitch at times
Harris 7/10. Erikson and Lamella gave him a bit of a run round
Doyle 4/10. Back to business for him. Clumsy, niggly and definitely not Michael Brown
Baxter 4/10. Better in the second and a telling tackle, but otherwise was fucking pathetic
Scougall 8/10 Put in a reyt shift. To say most of his midfield opponents are agood foot taller than him, he di really well grafting out chances
JCR 7/10 didn't get into the game like the first leg which was a shame
Murphy 10/10. Apart from his chance, he was what I expect from a winger. Fucking brilliant. Dangerous, ran past people and gave them a fucking game,. especially Walker
McNuts 6/10 Feeding off scraps

Higdon 2/10 Was he playing?
Reed 7/10 This lad is quality. Shame about his chance
Adams 8/10 Quality finishing.Great prospect

So proud. Well done fellers. You earned the applause.

Fuck Spurs.

pommpey

Last edited by a moderator:

Howard 7/10. Good blocks in first half from Kane. Could have stood on a stepladder and wouldn't have got that free kick
Flynn 5/10. He grafts, but runs into nowhere a bit too soon and seems uncomposed in the challenge. Need Brayford in there
McEverley 6/10. Roughed up a bit fro Kane. Did okay for a young un and looked knackered at the end
Basham 7/10 Its still not his position and he was left wanting in places and tried to get up the pitch at times
Doyle 4/10. Back to business for him. Clumsy, niggly and definitely not Michael Brown
Baxter 4/10. Better in the second and a telling tackle, but otherwise was fucking pathetic
Scougall 8/10 Put in a reyt shift. To say most of his midfield opponents are agood foot taller than him, he di really well grafting out chances
Murphy 10/10. Apart from his chance, he was what I expect from a winger. Fucking brilliant. Dangerous, ran past people and gave them a fucking game,. especially Walker

Fuck Spurs.

pommpey

interesting. 4/10 for any of them is harsh really. They are a top 8 premier league side remember.

Reed wasn't a 7, he was out of his depth. Should have buried that chance, but I wont hold it against him, great prospect.
Interesting that McNulty and Higdon get vastly different marks when both were as bad as each other and were both feeding off scraps and Higdon played for a lot shorter time. Still onwards and upwards

In fact - JCR 7 and Flynn 5? Wat?

JCR did quite well in the first half and caused them more snags down that flank. Flynn seems to nesh out of the challenge too often

pommpey

JCR did quite well in the first half and caused them more snags down that flank. Flynn seems to nesh out of the challenge too often

pommpey

Not having a go at him, but JCR did the sum total of zip all game. Mostly because they were terrified after him after the first game.

Flynn created the first goal and nearly a couple more. Odd marks Pomps.

And I would love to see what you think a good or a great ball is if you think Flynn's for our 1st was just "decent".

Baxter much higher than a 4 as well for me...

Much higher for Flynn and Higdon please!!

Nah. Flynn - I have upped by a mark but he isn't solid enough in that role. Compare him with his opposite number, Walker, who is a fucking tank. Flynn is, and always has been too lightweight.

Higdon? Nope. Dier and their other defender still had their cards out when he came on. He's fucking useless.

pommpey

higdon 2 feck me he took 2 defenders away for cha to score at the back post it was a good run and set us on the way. the spark we needed

If he was owt of a centre forward, hed have slotted it in himself. Hes pony.

pommpey

Nah. Flynn - I have upped by a mark but he isn't solid enough in that role. Compare him with his opposite number, Walker, who is a fucking tank. Flynn is, and always has been too lightweight.

Higdon? Nope. Dier and their other defender still had their cards out when he came on. He's fucking useless.

pommpey

In the time Higdon was on he almost got onto the end of Flynn's delightful cross and arguably would have won us a penalty had Adams not finished his chance, aswell as that he held of his marker to play a nice flick through for Basham who unfortunately his first touch let him down.

Fair enough if you don't rate him? but feck me it was hardly a 2/10 performance from him tonight in his brief cameo

In the time Higdon was on he almost got onto the end of Flynn's delightful cross and arguably would have won us a penalty had Adams not finished his chance, aswell as that he held of his marker to play a nice flick through for Basham who unfortunately his first touch let him down.

Fair enough if you don't rate him? but feck me it was hardly a 2/10 performance from him tonight in his brief cameo

His cameo tonight has been about typical of his appearance all season, has it not?

pommpey

Mcnulty did nowt today, higdon did more in regards to giving their defence something physical to defend against. Flynn worked his arse off and Campbell ryce was anomynous for most of the game. I also thought Baxter was a passenger tonight. I thought everyone gave 100%, a difference in class was the ultimate decider. I'm a very proud blade

get off Higdons back. He's still not had enough opportunity to show what he can do in my opinion and have to agree with tazzy about his input for the goal. If we're honest McNulty hasn't been great in the Tottenham games. Not bad but not great. I think united need to be playing 2 upfront and i think Higdon given a chance will be a good foil for McNulty or Adams or anyone else.

get off Higdons back. He's still not had enough opportunity to show what he can do in my opinion and have to agree with tazzy about his input for the goal. If we're honest McNulty hasn't been great in the Tottenham games. Not bad but not great. I think united need to be playing 2 upfront and i think Higdon given a chance will be a good foil for McNulty or Adams or anyone else.

What? You saying Higdon needs more time?

Jesus. Adams has a couple of sub appearances and he bangs in two fucking quality goals.

McNulty - especially in the second half - linked well and fetched and carried from the flanks with the wingers.

pommpey

Howard 8 Some great saves

Flynn 8 Continues to surprise me at right back. Will challenge for right midfield with JCR from now on
Basham 7,5 Love his enthusiasm. Gets caught out of position sometimes
McEveley 8 Had a lot of running to do tonight against the excellent Kane. Just did enough though on several occasions. Great forward run on the ball.
Harris 8 So many challenges, fantastic energy and although he looks like going in too rashly, he wins the ball most of the time.

JCR 6 We couldn't get him involved enough
Scougall 7 Mixed performance on the ball, and often seems so unlucky, as the ball often don't drop for him. Fantastic work rate though.
Doyle 6 1st half we were struggling to cover enough space. Baxter strolling around meant Doyle had too much running to do and he was pulled out of position time and time again, forcing him to make desperate challenges, rather than just sweeping up which he did in the first leg. Some great tackles though.
Baxter 7 Poor first half, where he didn't close down enough, nor track runs, nor cover enough space. Excellent last 30 minutes. What a tackle, dictated things and got stuck in.
Murphy 9 Proved that he can do it against Premiership players as well. Superb.

McNulty 5 Struggled all game, though had it tough. Should probably have been taken off sooner.

Subs:

Adams 9 Great composure. Kept Walker behind him in a race for the ball. Think he has a role to play and can give us goals from midfield.
Higdon 7 Put himself about, and gave us something more to aim at.
Reed 7 Think we made a mistake in not starting him. Shame he couldn't get his shot on target when he ran through.

Flynn showed why we need him on the wing. Two great balls and always looking to get forward. Sure, his composure wasn't always great, but that's why he's in league 1.

I think the scoring is a bit harsh to say the least. There are gripes I could have (I did a loud grown when I saw Baxter was in for Reed. Bad, bad choice,) Too sloppy and looked intimidated the first half. Also reverted to the "highly successful" league set-up first half. I thought Howard was poor on the second. It was obvious where Erikson was going to put it, and that's the side of the goal he should be covering and yet wrong-footed.

But, at the end of the day, we've played a top 6/8 premiership team over two legs and only lost 3;2. We had a go and can hold our heads up high. We shouldn't be criticising tonight. well done to the team and Clough for an amazing cup run.

It's a bad time of year for Murphy to hit form though...

Flynn 6/10 (edited). He grafts, but runs into nowhere a bit too soon and seems uncomposed in the challenge. Need Brayford in there. Decent cross for Adams first and through ball for Reed

Fuck Spurs.

pommpey

Pompey .

Flynn did everything he was asked to do , and never ever stopped for 90minutes . Deserves 8.5 at least.

Higdon again did everything right when he came on , and definitely gave us more options. The guy played well imo and deserves credit and not knocking by any fan.

Not one player let themselves , supporter or the club down .

UTB

Flynn 8 Continues to surprise me at right back. Will challenge for right midfield with JCR from now on
McEveley 8 Had a lot of running to do tonight against the excellent Kane. Just did enough though on several occasions. Great forward run on the ball.
Harris 8 So many challenges, fantastic energy and although he looks like going in too rashly, he wins the ball most of the time.

Scougall 7 Mixed performance on the ball, and often seems so unlucky, as the ball often don't drop for him. Fantastic work rate though.
Doyle 6 1st half we were struggling to cover enough space. Baxter strolling around meant Doyle had too much running to do and he was pulled out of position time and time again, forcing him to make desperate challenges, rather than just sweeping up which he did in the first leg. Some great tackles though.
Baxter 7 Poor first half, where he didn't close down enough, nor track runs, nor cover enough space. Excellent last 30 minutes. What a tackle, dictated things and got stuck in.

McNulty 5 Struggled all game, though had it tough. Should probably have been taken off sooner.

Subs:

Adams 9 Great composure. Kept Walker behind him in a race for the ball. Think he has a role to play and can give us goals from midfield.
Reed 7 Think we made a mistake in not starting him. Shame he couldn't get his shot on target when he ran through.
Bang on. Agree with every word and rating... that's exactly how I saw it.

Subs:

Now THOSE are marks.

Edit: I'd have scoogs up 1, Baxter down 1, and i'd swap Jay and Bash.

Back
Top Bottom