progress

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score
no matter how you look at it , being as negative as you want

last season 7th , missed the play offs

this season , in the play offs

Progress , now lets go forward together in the play offs
lets try and get 100% behind the team for those 3 games

give ourselves the best possible chance by pulling in the same direction
forget any personal petty hatreds of individuals
and get out of this league

We're all behind them. We all want them to win.

Its only them that can do the business though.

Can only judge the progress at the end of the season. Only thing that matters is what division we are in.

said all along its down to the players, they have it in them to do it
we need to lift them as much as we can though

I suppose if you look at the same period in his 2 seasons from when Clough took over and the points he got from that point forward and judged it by the same period this season we'd be worse off points wise (just trying to be as negative as I can:rolleyes:)

points vary from year to year wednesday got 5 points less last season than the season before , but were in relegation race up to the last day the season before
we came down with 38 points from the prem Hull stayed up with 31

its about where we finish , we are in the play offs , which realistically is where we should have finished , maybe 1 or 2 places higher you could argue , but winning it , was only an option for the deluded

talking of progress leeds lost 6-0 last season so they must be better
11150981_10206495203249702_8526860506038575957_n.jpg

At that rate of progress we are assured promotion the season after the next one, presuming we actually finish fifth.

Trying not to be too negative cos as everyone says, time to pull together. We've managed to get second best, that being the play-offs

However:

31 games to get us from 2nd bottom to 7th

Or 46 games, £3m in transfer fees and 20 odd players to get us get us 1 or 2 places higher

Debatable I would say

We need to beat of draw with Chessie next week.
We don't want to play MK Dons over 2 legs, if they don't get auto.
Then we play Swindon who are having a rough time and possibly MK or Chessie in the final.
We can beat anyone over 1 game if the payers turn up. Will be like a cup final. :)

points vary from year to year wednesday got 5 points less last season than the season before , but were in relegation race up to the last day the season before
we came down with 38 points from the prem Hull stayed up with 31

its about where we finish , we are in the play offs , which realistically is where we should have finished , maybe 1 or 2 places higher you could argue , but winning it , was only an option for the deluded

talking of progress leeds lost 6-0 last season so they must be better
View attachment 11455

But you thought we'd win it?

It will be progress if we get promoted.

If we don't it won't

Simple as that...

We should have got auto with our resources, but they now have a seecond chance to redeem themselves. They better take it.

just heard a "blade2 on RS saying even if we win play offs we have failed

what a fucking thick cunt , if we get out via plaY OFFS WEVE GOT PROMOTED ,, END OF
In some ways winning a wembley play offs is said to be far more thrilling

as we will find out

What we need to do is make sure we dont lose to Chesterfield. Our best chance is probably Swindon, but if Preston screw up they may be feeling deflated and MK have always lost in the POffs Semi Finals.

Hope springs eternal

Blades chapter 1 verse 10 "And on the eighth day he created Tony Currie and beseeched him with a promise that thou shalt entertain your fellow man playing with a simple pigs bladder and your play shall entertain and inspire future generations to follow in your footsteps in a far off land in the lee of the hills where the water flows and man maketh the iron for ploughshears and the like."

What we need to do is make sure we dont lose to Chesterfield. Our best chance is probably Swindon, but if Preston screw up they may be feeling deflated and MK have always lost in the POffs Semi Finals.

Hope springs eternal

Blades chapter 1 verse 10 "And on the eighth day he created Tony Currie and beseeched him with a promise that thou shalt entertain your fellow man playing with a simple pigs bladder and your play shall entertain and inspire future generations to follow in your footsteps in a far off land in the lee of the hills where the water flows and man maketh the iron for ploughshears and the like."

I am probably barking mad, however I would prefer to play MK Dons. I think we have more chance beating them over two legs than in a one off final. Not sure why or the wisdom!

Hope springs eternal

who knows we could lose 6-0 to chesterfield then win 3 games
or we could beat chesterfield 8-0 and then get 2 players sent off v swindon

next week is utterly meaningless

both league games v mk dons have been dour , the cup win was weird
who knows whats ahead

just heard a "blade2 on RS saying even if we win play offs we have failed

what a fucking thick cunt , if we get out via plaY OFFS WEVE GOT PROMOTED ,, END OF
In some ways winning a wembley play offs is said to be far more thrilling

as we will find out
For you to call anyone a thick cunt is laughable

We really do set the "legend" bar low don't we?

Well, if he manages a side that wins promotion at Wembley, I'd suggest that having taken everything into account he won't have done too bad. Succeeding where so many, unfortunately, have failed. Legend? I'd certainly think very highly of him.

For what its worth I don't understand the whole 'the fans make the difference' debate.

Fans don't dictate the effectiveness of training.

Fans don't prepare the players physically and mentally.

Fans don't issue the players with game plans and strategies.

If a player is reliant on fans to be in the ZOF (zone of optimal functioning, some BTEC terminology there for you) then I don't think the player is approaching his job in a professional manner.

They have all the tools to succeed, and yes fans can make a slight difference but not THE difference.

Wins are getting hard to come by at the moment if crewe yeovil or even orient were lucky enough to be in the playoffs i wouldnt fancy us to beat them either. so whoever comes lets just make sure we beat em

Back
Top Bottom