Profile for the new manager.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Woodwardfan

Woodwardfan
Reaction score
1. Know the market for players and establish a strong scouting network- sign a mixture of experience and youth. Players who can cope with playing at the next level when we get there. Find a couple more game-changers.

2. Know how to develop young players.

3. Have a positive personal culture which can be instilled top to bottom, bottom to top throughout the club.

4. Be an "encourager", a builder on strengths rather than a knocker of weaknesses.

5. Tactically aware, willing to change formation during a game, positive substitutions early if need be.

6. Understands basics e.g. strong defence, height and muscle, PACE and mobility, black and white players, strong "spine", get players into the box no matter what formation, allow full backs freedom to push on,

7. Understand the best way of defending a one goal lead is to play in the opposition half and score another if possible.

8. Never bollock players in public. Never allow self or Assistant to show disaffection with player decisions or mistakes. Leave that for the training ground.

9. Never attack own players in post-match interviews.

10. Interact with fans during games.Use the crowd to stimulate the team.

11. Keep yourself and your team on an even keel with belief and patience.

You would hope the powers that be already have there man on the radar before sacking Clough. Hope this isn't going to be a turned down, turned down , turned down so we'll have him appointment. Pr .dept " he ????? was always our first choice.

1. Know the market for players and establish a strong scouting network- sign a mixture of experience and youth. Players who can cope with playing at the next level when we get there. Find a couple more game-changers.

2. Know how to develop young players.

3. Have a positive personal culture which can be instilled top to bottom, bottom to top throughout the club.

4. Be an "encourager", a builder on strengths rather than a knocker of weaknesses.

5. Tactically aware, willing to change formation during a game, positive substitutions early if need be.

6. Understands basics e.g. strong defence, height and muscle, PACE and mobility, black and white players, strong "spine", get players into the box no matter what formation, allow full backs freedom to push on,

7. Understand the best way of defending a one goal lead is to play in the opposition half and score another if possible.

8. Never bollock players in public. Never allow self or Assistant to show disaffection with player decisions or mistakes. Leave that for the training ground.

9. Never attack own players in post-match interviews.

10. Interact with fans during games.Use the crowd to stimulate the team.

11. Keep yourself and your team on an even keel with belief and patience.

To be honest, number 9 on your list was unforgivable, not sure why NC did that

• Banned
We've been stuck in this league for 4 chuffing seasons and about to start another one. What are you on about?

It's all about the new owner taking steps to match his ambition and the reason he invested. You and I might be restricted by our history, but the prince is not. OK?

That's what I'm ON ABOUT!!

It's all about the new owner taking steps to match his ambition and the reason he invested. You and I might be restricted by our history, but the prince is not. OK?

That's what I'm ON ABOUT!!

Then there is only one manager who fits the profile - Karl Robinson.

Woody , league 1 first , small steps . The remit for any manager is get is out of this shit league . Premiership will not have even been mentioned at this stage.

Premiership is a dream , we need fact and reality to start with.

UTB

• Banned
Then there is only one manager who fits the profile - Karl Robinson.

Woody , league 1 first , small steps . The remit for any manager is get is out of this shit league . Premiership will not have even been mentioned at this stage.

Premiership is a dream , we need fact and reality to start with.

UTB

I agree. I once thought he was all front and no trousers. He has served his apprenticeship now and he has learned the realities of practice v theory.

Robinson is my first choice.

Robinson has always been respectful of United. He'll do!!

I think he is a "modern manager", he's an "ego", that's what we need for anyone able to go two levels.

He's everything Clough wasn't and that's why I've never liked him unitl he achieved this season. Achievemnet gives you gravidas.

Back
Top Bottom