Preston v Blades | League One

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kazarre13

Turkish Blade
Reaction score
Preston v Blades
Sky Bet League 1 - 30/08/2014
15:00 - Deepdale

What do you think about match?

Not confident at all. PNE are strong, functional, but blessed with a prolific goal scorer.

If we do well tomorrow I'll be more convinced that the team is coming together in the post-HM/JB/CC era.

Happy with a point from tomorrow and keep this run ticking over - particularly as we then have a two week gap to our next game.

Preston are a very good side and will be there and there about. Perfect chance for us to shine and show our intentions. I fancy us to nick it. 1 0

They battered us there last season and we somehow got a draw. I would take that again happily.

completely agree about last season - a draw was a good result given the way the night went. I'm hoping the cup excursion hasn't left too many key players with flat batteries and leaden legs and I think a point will be a good result there, especially given their home record.

We played Crewe away after drawing with Fulham, so let's hope it's not that kind of performance. They may find it hard to raise their game again. I'd be reasonably happy with a draw.

Last season, featuring poor finishing by Preston, not luck, is irrelevant.

A draw would be a very satisfactory result.

Hope I'm wrong but I don't fancy us today. If we get organized and don't make mistakes we can sneak a 1 - 0 or a draw. I just think at home, and with a settled side they may have too many chances and come out beating us by a distance, 3 - 0 or summat close.

Prove me wrong lads, I hate Preston, it's a right shit hole full of wankers with clacky accents. UTB and FTP.

Happy with a point away from home. From what I heard we played well. 2 week break now to get everyone fit and raring to go. Feeling a lot more positive now.

The commitment and fight now starting to show as each game goes by. I hope Higdon will start to shine as he now gets his match fitness.
UTB
COYRWW

Bad time for a break imo, finally got some momentum, we would destroy Rochdale playing like today...

Entertaining game today, could have taken all three points, then again, so could they :)

Most would have taken a draw before hand, just a pity that now we're getting a bit more of a rhythm on the pitch, we have a break.

How many of the defence are on international duty?

Sounds to me like an opportunity to really work with them (and the new defensive additions) to sort our any organisational problems. A couple of weeks to purely concentrate on systems and bedding new players in defensively is a real rarity. We should look even better after the break.

Ditto ...well happy with the draw

Tarkus? Goodness me! I've got all your albums! (Okay, you know what I mean!)

Ahem, but keeping it on-topic, at the Charlton game I saw Jim Davidson in the car-park so asked him the simplest of questions: "Tarkus or Brain Salad Surgery." Like me, he opted for Tarkus.

Ahem ahem, even more on-topic; well happy with the result and the performance today, and the Blades' following.

And didn't Big Fat Sam say Howard would never play that well again? He was even better today!

Liking the optimism guys.
Bring on Rochdale, shame about the break next week, but could work to our advantage regarding any new additions if they do arrive.

didn't hear the commentary as I have been busy, but from what I can pick up on P&G and on here it was a good performance but once again we are talking about the lack of a cutting edge, Higdon is looking like a poorer version of Porter so unless he suddenly Turns into Alan Shearer in the next fortnight I am hoping a seriously good Championship level striker is coming in on loan, we can't wait for you know who any longer.

Back
Top Bottom