Preston Have A Worse Play-Off Record Than We Do?!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If I remember correctly, they might have been in more Play-offs without winning than we have but I think they've not lost as many finals.

Yep, Preston have been in play offs more than us and never gone up through that route. They have made 3 finals as opposed to our 4
We have the worst record of final defeats and we have never scored a goal in a POF.

Closest we came to that was a Brown Penalty in Cardiff - but the game was probably well beyond us by that point anyway.

I think it's worse to have the record of getting to the most finals and fucking up as opposed to not reaching the final. Not reaching them suggests you were not that decent in the first place. Not winning any final and not scoring a goal to boot suggest you are perennial bottlers.

BTW I don't see the excitement of yet another POF challenge. We may be a decent cup team that can beat higher opposition on the counter but when it comes to grinding out results by breaking down a resolute defence against teams in our own division? Well, you only have to look at the wins vs Swindon and Brizzle and contrast that with the results vs Gills, Crawley and MKD - Grayson sussed us last time we played Preston, too. If it's MKD then expect the same rugged tactics as deployed last time - will we have the quality or the physicality (either are valid in this league) to prevail?

I actually thought this was common knowledge but yes, they dread them more than we do for this very reason. I would say it would be the best team to get in the final but we all know what would happen don't we?

Predicting a Swindon vs MKD play off final myself And MKD to win it Unfortunatley.

MKD will finish third and beat the sixth place team in the semi

Swindon will finish fourth and play and beat the fifth place Blades in the semi.

Does ours not count as 4 venues? Wembley Old & New... Might aswell hold that record too

We have lost play off finals at Cardiff and Wembley. What's the third one?

The three would be
Old Wembley
Cardiff
New Wembley

You might be thinking about our failure in the play offs vs Bristol City and that could be the fourth as we lost at their place and drew at ours for a relegation final (our perspective) promotion POF - theirs - so you could argue 5 for us - including Ashton Gate and Bramall Lane :(

The three would be
Old Wembley
Cardiff
New Wembley

You might be thinking about our failure in the play offs vs Bristol City and that could be the fourth as we lost at their place and drew at ours for a relegation final (our perspective) promotion POF - theirs - so you could argue 5 for us - including Ashton Gate and Bramall Lane :(

Streatching a point to make old wembley and new wembley separate venues.

The three would be
Old Wembley
Cardiff
New Wembley

That wasn't a final. It was a semi. City lost to Walsall in the final.

Going out on an away leg in the playoffs is completely different from having your whole wembley experience shat all over 4 times!

Predicting a Swindon vs MKD play off final myself And MKD to win it Unfortunatley.

MKD will finish third and beat the sixth place team in the semi

Swindon will finish fourth and play and beat the fifth place Blades in the semi.

You could be right zablade . My concern is the team that finishes 6th who get there on momentum , confidence is running high and carried over into the play offs . To be fair we have a good chance as any , this season. If we finish in the top six , we will win it .

IMO we are ok and a good bet to win against any of the top sides . Its results against the lower league sides that will and has cost us.

UTB

The three would be
Old Wembley
Cardiff
New Wembley

Oh yeah. Blond moment. Thought we'd had on at Old Trafford for some reason

funny thing is (as i mentioned in another thread) my mate here is a Preston lad and they are terrified of the playoffs and especially meeting us in them. it must be a fan thing

I believe Preston will be promoted this season, whether it be auto or through the play-offs I don't know. Obviously if we don't make autos, which is looking increasingly unlikely, then I hope Preston do. I want to avoid them at all cost.

I think that out of the teams above us, our chances increase with Swindon and MK rather than Preston in the play-offs

Us or Preston for Auto's , and 3rd or 4th spot for second leg at the lane , if it's not Auto.
Then €400 wasted at wembley . :( . Again .

Change thi money to £'s, only be £298, looks better :)
Trouble is Grumpy me old , it's the nipper that's the drain on the funds , shopping up Oxford St , proper hotel , wouldn't mind but the fooker doesn't even drink , euros not worth a tinkers curse now a days , at that exchange rate it'll be €500 wasted this time . :(

Back
Top Bottom