Presentation evening

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

chesblade

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been. My hubby was given tickets as a leaving present. Do you have to wear full tux or just a normal suit with black tie

Sorry to bring this back up, but has anyone ever been. Been told it must be black suit and dickie bow. Is this true are can we get away with a navy suit and black tie

Has anyone ever been. My hubby was given tickets as a leaving present. Do you have to wear full tux or just a normal suit with black tie

Is that you Mrs. Adkins?

Just joking, I am sure I have seen pictures of people at these events in just suits and ties.

Does it actually say "black tie" on the tickets?

Suit and tie will be fine I bet, it's not the Ritz after all. Or you could always try calling the promotions dept. tomorrow?

I wouldn't worry too much about what to wear, after this seasons performances I'd be more concerned about whether it's still on! ;)

I wouldn't worry too much about what to wear, after this seasons performances I'd be more concerned about whether it's still on! ;)

It's on but there's small print this time. The 2016 (least egregiously shite and didn't do drugs or wear a cardi over their shoulder) Player Of The Season Award.

Sorry to bring this back up, but has anyone ever been. Been told it must be black suit and dickie bow. Is this true are can we get away with a navy suit and black tie
Jeans and a V neck t-shirt will more than suffice after this seasons effort. Take some £1 party bags to give to all the fuckers leaving, we can't let them feel like they've been left out after Billy takes every award, although there could be an award for worst player which could take some time in deciding, take your sleeping bag just incase this award runs through to 2017.

If my gaffer gave me these tickets a leaving present I'd smack the twat there and then, have a good night. :)

No wonder the clubs going downhill in all respects. Black tie and cummerbund de rigieur for the gentlemen supporters, Lydon, Judge, Esablade and Tyler are allowed Aquascutum donkey jackets like Wedgewood Benn used to wear.

They have to take them off while serving dinner though.

In a seriousness, the last one I attended I went full Black tie - Dinner jacket and Dickie bow (I think Chris Porter was impressed with my end of evening casual untied bow). There were people with suits and ties rather than proper black tie, but it's very much taken an empthasis on being a little more formal these days.

The tickets should say if there is a particular dress code and if you aren't 100%, just give em a ring :)

Thanks for the comments. I actually rang yesterday and was told to just buy a cheap black suit and dickie bow. That's all well and good but when I have 2 to buy it's not going to be cheap. The gear to go in is costing us more than tickets. Was hoping they could wear navy or blue suits they already have. Oh well

Thanks for the comments. I actually rang yesterday and was told to just buy a cheap black suit and dickie bow. That's all well and good but when I have 2 to buy it's not going to be cheap. The gear to go in is costing us more than tickets. Was hoping they could wear navy or blue suits they already have. Oh well

Pfft, typical United, "Game changing"...

I wouldn't worry about it as long as it's smart - but if you are concerned, it's hardly full black tie but you can get a cheap winged collar shirt and bow from Tesco to wear with an existing suit.

Linky

Alternatively, if you have a local Facebook group, someone might be able to lend you something.

I have 2 to buy it's not going to be cheap. The gear to go in is costing us more than tickets

Another whiner.

Given tickets for free, unless that was made up?
Whining about having to buy a suit, now it's two, to gain entry to the event.
Christ Almighty, what dya want? Free clothing too?

Either buy two suits for the night and go and stop whining or don't buy, don't go and stay home watchin' Cowell et al.

Bring out the next whiner..

Another whiner.

Given tickets for free, unless that was made up?
Whining about having to buy a suit, now it's two, to gain entry to the event.
Christ Almighty, what dya want? Free clothing too?

Either buy two suits for the night and go and stop whining or don't buy, don't go and stay home watchin' Cowell et al.

Bring out the next whiner..

Slightly unnecessary don't you think?

I wasn't aware we had to run posts past you before people were allowed to use the forum...?

Most of these types of do a suit and tie is fine. You will need to supply your own rotten fruit to throw though due to the current austerity measures at the lane.

As has been said by Linz, just get a black bow tie and a white shirt and I am sure you will be fine.

If you were going to a reception at Buckingham Palace, I would say buy, or hire, the right suit.

I've been to a few of these,all warnock era,they generally are a good night.
Had the pleasure of sitting next to Lee Sandford on the last occasion I went, really top bloke, bought me and my missus drinks all night.
We had monty, Curtis Woodhouse and David gysgrechts on our table too,they all liked there ale!!

For the black suit business , just pretend you are having to go to a funeral ,

Another whiner.

Some freebie, dress code, getting there, getting back, Beer and whatever ............ pfffft

As mentioned elsewhere, twat the boss, or even better

Re-gift em ........ PM the fuckers to Lydon

He could always go full Budget Frank Butcher...

2hgtkpc.jpg

Thanks for all the comments. He was actually made redundant after 39 years. I just wondered if he And my son could get away with the suits they have rather than spending some of his redundancy on suits they probably won't wear again. We are looking forward to it and was a nice gesture from work colleagues

Back
Top Bottom