Prediction: Sheffield Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - Capital One Cup Semi-Final (agg 0-1)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Predict the winner of the Capital One Cup Semi-Final Second Leg against Spurs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HolmesfieldBlade

Reaction score

444.png
vs
608.png

CAPITAL ONE CUP SEMI-FINAL SECOND LEG
Venue: Bramall Lane
Date: Wednesday, 28 January
Time: 19:45 K.O

PREVIEW
ss1hd.gif

The Blades frustrated their Premier League opponents at White Hart Lane a week ago, but a 74th-minute penalty from Andros Townsend tipped the tie in Spurs’ favour.

However, with their home crowd behind them, Sheffield United will fancy their chances of knocking a third top-flight team out of this year’s competition.

United have beaten five Premier League sides in the past 12 months while Spurs will be looking to recover from the disappointment of being dumped out of the FA Cup by Leicester on Saturday.

Tottenham last won the Capital One Cup in 2008, and were beaten finalists the following season.

PREDICTION
Almost impossible to call this one from a Blades perspective, I think we can contain Spurs and nick a goal on the counter before full-time. With our tails up and the crowd behind us we could score more than one and win it without the extra 30 mins needed. My estimation is SUFC to win 1-0 full-time.

What are your predictions for our Capital One Cup Semi-final second leg? Answer the POLL above.

444.png
vs
608.png

CAPITAL ONE CUP SEMI-FINAL SECOND LEG
Venue: Bramall Lane
Date: Wednesday, 28 January
Time: 19:45 K.O

PREVIEW
ss1hd.gif

The Blades frustrated their Premier League opponents at White Hart Lane a week ago, but a 74th-minute penalty from Andros Townsend tipped the tie in Spurs’ favour.

However, with their home crowd behind them, Sheffield United will fancy their chances of knocking a third top-flight team out of this year’s competition.

United have beaten five Premier League sides in the past 12 months while Spurs will be looking to recover from the disappointment of being dumped out of the FA Cup by Leicester on Saturday.

Tottenham last won the Capital One Cup in 2008, and were beaten finalists the following season.

PREDICTION
Almost impossible to call this one from a Blades perspective, I think we can contain Spurs and nick a goal on the counter before full-time. With our tails up and the crowd behind us we could score more than one and win it without the extra 30 mins needed. My estimation is SUFC to win 1-0 full-time.

What are your predictions for our Capital One Cup Semi-final second leg? Answer the POLL above.

So penalties then???

Based off what we saw at White Heart Lane I think we could well see penalties tomorrow. Of course either team could snatch it in extra-time, Spurs might have the advantage there with the higher fitness levels.

I'm not convinced their fitness levels are any better than ours to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom