Pre-View from Chezzie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
They are up for this game and make no mistake. Loads of comments on us. Just thought id give a flavour of what they were saying

“they are my second most hated team (after Mansfield) “

“I don't mind the blunts - you don't that same "massive" arrogance you get from the bowels “

“You do get that woe is us, if it wasnt for that pesky Carlos Tevez we'd still be in the Premier League even though we failed to beat Wigan, lets all march on the FA with Sean Bean, we were shafted etc from them though which is just as annoying!
I suspect i'm in a minority that off the two i prefer Wednesday. They are both as bad as each other in the we're to big for the lower league rubbish they spout...just now the Wednesday fans play up to the we're massive thing to wind up United fans. “

“I have been to watch the Blades at Bramall Lane a few times over the years, as my father-in-law is a Unitedite. The moaning, the fickleness, the outrage when an opponent does something awful like a strong tackle...it's like being surrounded by thousands of Neil Warnocks. Can't abide it. “

“The car park protests over the appointment of Danny Wilson then the way they hounded him out whilst 3rd in the league was laughable! “

“I actually hope they re-sign the rapist,as hopefully the turmoil will mess up thier season “

"They were the queitest set of fans all season the last time they were here"

“Don't mind Sheff Utd really (except I do dislike people from town who choose to support them, they're not that much fucking bigger than us). I've never really liked Sheff Weds because of the attitudes of a lot of their supporters “

“They are bigger but not by a load these days. Hence we're playing them on Saturday in the league (and we're currently favourites with the bookies). You are where you are on merit, and it's the pumping chests out and saying how massive you are when you're in the same lower leagues that doesn't tend to endear people to Sheffield teams “

“Sheffield all right, it's got Meadowhall and the Arena, obviously as a place to live, work and bring up your kids it's not a patch on other Yorkshire cities such as Leeds or York, but credit where credit is due, it's better than Rotherham. “

“Sheffield United are a huge club compared to us. No problem with accepting that. “

“The gap has narrowed a bit perhaps in recent years but yes, you're right.
Not living in Town any more means i don't have a perspective on how many Chesterfield people watch their football in Sheffield these days. Is it still the unacceptable situation it was when i was growing up? I can understand those Sheffielders who have moved out of the city into Derbyshire watching their teams but could never get my head round Chesterfield folk watching either of them. Still can't really. “

“Bramall Lane is a better ground than Hillsborough, imo.
Colour's all wrong mind. “

“Sheff Utd are by no way huge. they used to get gates of 8-10k as i used to get free tickets to watch them when town were away with my mate as a youngster. was in the reg brieley days but they're certainly not Wednesday, Leeds or Derby they're somewhere in between that selection and our own club. “

“Derby County are a lot bigger than Sheffield United.”

Do they not realise that we* don't really give a shit? This "derby" ranks under Wednesday, Leeds, Barnsley, Rotherham and probably Doncaster in terms of the importance I'd place on it.

*speaking for myself but I doubt I'm the only one

They're so desperate for a local rival aren't they......it's a derby kind of, but I don't see them as a rival. They're not the Oinkers or Leeds

Bless they sound like toy town with the billy big bollocks

“Sheffield all right, it's got Meadowhall and the Arena, obviously as a place to live, work and bring up your kids it's not a patch on other Yorkshire cities such as Leeds or York, but credit where credit is due, it's better than Rotherham. “

If ever anything summed Sheffield up... :)

They're so desperate for a local rival aren't they......it's a derby kind of, but I don't see them as a rival. They're not the Oinkers or Leeds
They are behaving like little kids in a school playground desperate for attention. At my work this week a CFC fan seemed annoyed that I am treating tomorrow's match as "just another league match" :D

They are behaving like little kids in a school playground desperate for attention. At my work this week a CFC fan seemed annoyed that I am treating tomorrow's match as "just another league match" :D

There does seem to be some type of infantile frenzy developing over in Ch'field.

It wouldn't surprise me if they referred to their cocks as winkles? Ooops, apologies to the Chesterfield players.

They've got a bent spire more famous than their football team.

I expect some United fans from the South of Sheffield feel a bit more passionate about this game, but to me its just another unfortunate League 1 game.

If you said 'Chesterfield' to me in a word association game I'd say "American cigarette brand" and "Type of settee" before I said "Home to a football club".

The absolute state of those posts.

It tickles me that clubs like Chesterfield and Hull are always quick to point out that we're not a big club, but are then desperate for some sort of rivalry with us. The lack of self awareness is even more prominent than their extra digits.

Chessy = NBW's

Fuck me its like the Scots with the English - I fucking hate them . hope they rot in hell. Never liked them. Haha they lost hahaha.

Its sour grapes because they only wish they were as good/big as us.

Do we (other than the West Ham game recently) ever slag the team off BEFORE we play them?

Fuck me - go and drink some VK in your shitty little town centre that we only go in every 3 or 4 years to see if the music has changed. Nope still cheesey dance music.

Oh, and learn to talk properly. You sound like a Shane Meadows character

“Sheff Utd are by no way huge. they used to get gates of 8-10k as i used to get free tickets to watch them when town were away with my mate as a youngster. was in the reg brieley days but they're certainly not Wednesday, Leeds or Derby they're somewhere in between that selection and our own club. “

How old is this guy? Never in my lifetime have I known us get 8-10k gates.

He must've gone to Adrian Heaths Port Vale match

They sound like the dingles from a few years ago. Mickey mouse teams always seem to pipe up when they are doing well and we're not.

They are bigger but not by a load these days? :rolleyes:

Since I was born in Chesterfield and all my family support them I am embarrassed by the stream of drivel above but it's par for the course, I'm afraid. I used to have a season ticket and in the end the thought of having to sit among the same idiots every week was driving me nuts. It took a fight with a racist (while everyone around sat on their hands and pretended to have heard nowt) that finally drove me out and to the club nearest my home, the Blades. I've never looked back.

Hatred for, and jealousy of Sheffield is rampant among the Chesterfield fans, who, sadly, make up the football-following fraternity of what is otherwise a nice town. Go to the town centre and people in the shops are lovely, and will call you "duck" and "darling", but go to the match and you will be confronted by snarling morons who are incapable of keeping their fat, stupid gobs shut. It's a bit like Barnsley in reverse, in fact.

Having said that, the Spireites have a very good team these days and are likely to beat us. If so, my lad will be walking home afterwards.........

Since I was born in Chesterfield and all my family support them I am embarrassed by the stream of drivel above but it's par for the course, I'm afraid. I used to have a season ticket and in the end the thought of having to sit among the same idiots every week was driving me nuts. It took a fight with a racist (while everyone around sat on their hands and pretended to have heard nowt) that finally drove me out and to the club nearest my home, the Blades. I've never looked back.

Hatred for, and jealousy of Sheffield is rampant among the Chesterfield fans, who, sadly, make up the football-following fraternity of what is otherwise a nice town. Go to the town centre and people in the shops are lovely, and will call you "duck" and "darling", but go to the match and you will be confronted by snarling morons who are incapable of keeping their fat, stupid gobs shut. It's a bit like Barnsley in reverse, in fact.

Having said that, the Spireites have a very good team these days and are likely to beat us. If so, my lad will be walking home afterwards.........

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

But I'm not.

The racist incident was the final straw after several incidents and in a free country I can follow any football club I like without asking permission from anyone else. I live in Sheffield, the nearest club to my home is Sheffield United and if I want to transfer my allegiance there it's entirely up to me. I go where I am welcome and where I can enjoy my Saturday afternoons and that is none of yours or anyone else's business, thank you very much.

I did see Chesterfield play at Burton on the day they clinched promotion. I still watch to see how they are doing and am pleased when they are doing well, but I repeat that's entirely up to me. If you don't like it then that is your prerogative but there is no reason why I should feel ashamed, and I don't.

There is too much childishness among football fans and your message is a prime example. Enjoy your football and good luck to you, but I don't need anyone to tell me which team to support any more than I need to be told how to dress or what to have for my dinner.

I'd just like to add, because it's important: Sheffield United v Rochdale, Shoreham End, £18. Chesterfield v SUFC, East Stand, £25. Do the maths!

Anyone who 'transfers allegiance' as you put it is a pathetic specimen.

If you say so, but would you have blamed Liverpool fans if they were so appalled by their club's reaction to the Suarez/Evra racist incident that they decided to walk away? What about the Man Utd fans who walked out and formed FCUM? Are they pathetic specimens too? Were Wimbledon fans traitors for not following their club to Milton Keynes? If someone supported Rangers or Celtic but had had enough of their sectarian bigotry and chose to watch Partick Thistle or Albion Rovers instead wouldn't that be their own business?

I don't want to bore the users of this forum by prolonging this argument but if my own team's fans let me down to the extent that I don't want to go any more am I supposed to give up watching football for ever? In the incident with the racist I was abused by him and his mates, kicked in the back of the head and received no support from anyone including the stewards. The same blokes had, earlier in the afternoon, taken the piss out of a fellow fan because she had Down's Syndrome, unchallenged by anyone. Previously I had been threatened with violence because I asked a guy to move out of my seat in the Leppings Lane stand at Swillsborough. I asked some fans, in the posh seats, to stop swearing so much during a game against Hereford because they were upsetting the pensioners next to me and they told me to eff off. I went to Shrewsbury and was ashamed to be sitting with a bunch of boorish loudmouths who ignored the match and spent the entire afternoon making empty threats to the home fans and calling the attractive and historic town of Shrewsbury a shit hole.

I owe Chesterfield FC nothing. I divorced them on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour. I have nothing against the team or the town at all but your attitude is typical of the small-minded small town crap that characterises so many of the fans. I go to Bramall Lane, on the other hand, and I enjoy the atmosphere even though, more often than not, United don't play very well. Not once has anyone offered me out, made racist remarks within earshot or spent the entire game slagging off the team.

If you wish to follow the Spireites through thick and thin then that's fine by me. Please allow me the same choice and stop treating what is simply fun and recreation as if it's a war. Fair enough?

As far as I am concerned this correspondence is over. Enjoy your season. Goodnight.

You come across as a spineless loser and your experience is a million miles away from my own. I could never betray my home town so easily - others I suppose my not have the same beans.

You come across as a spineless loser and your experience is a million miles away from my own. I could never betray my home town so easily - others I suppose my not have the same beans.
Well do feel free to wander back to your own gene pool then. The last word Id use to describe Felix from what he has told us is "spineless".

Well do feel free to wander back to your own gene pool then. The last word Id use to describe Felix from what he has told us is "spineless".

Really? Does he come across as a big man to you?

I have full respect for Sheffield-based (and even those from FL-less towns, Worksop etc) United fans but this sort of man isn't worth a w@nk to me or you.

Really? Does he come across as a big man to you?

I have full respect for Sheffield-based (and even those from FL-less towns, Worksop etc) United fans but this sort of man isn't worth a w@nk to me or you.

So basically in your idea of the world, you must be from the city of the team to be able to support it, unless your own town/city doesn't have a team? What a load of bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom