Pre- season games. Halifax away for one.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

philyyy1889

Reaction score
Is anyone popping up on the train? Is there a decent area to have a pint in Halifax or does it make more sense to have one or two at the change in (sorry) Leeds?

The Three Pigeons

A delightful pub, well worth a visit of you like art-deco architecture, there is no other pub like it. I remember the pentagon shaped hallway with five modest sized rooms leading from this each with it's own character. Decent real ales to boot.

A bit of the main drag, but worth the effort.

http://www.ossett-brewery.co.uk/pubs/three-pigeons-halifax

HH

Kenworthy scored from a free kick routine? Early 80s?

4th division. 1-0 down in the first minute and we ended up romping it 5-1. Silent will put me right but didn't TK get 2? Sure Edwards did and Steve Charles the other. Happy days

He won't have been in Leeds since decimalisation. The one at the side of the City Varieties?

not up the "big hill" is it?

4th division. 1-0 down in the first minute and we ended up romping it 5-1. Silent will put me right but didn't TK get 2? Sure Edwards did and Steve Charles the other. Happy days
I was a part time Blade for the most of the 1980s due to playing football and I have never been to the Shay so I am afraid I do not remember who scored for us

nearly bought a house in halifax ... long story.

anyway, only boozer i ever popped in during said near purchase was this random tiny place called The Big 6 up at Savile Park, not too far from that big ass awesome looking Victoria tower. naturally it'd be totally unsuitable in terms of size, location and atmosphere for the match, but that's where I'll be revisiting. Great beer.

Haven't been drinking in Halifax - did you like your Jaipur?

I meant Leeds, you daft bugger ;)

Like raul says - the Swan next to the City Varieties.

Yes, thank you. I enjoyed my pint of Jaipur very much.

I quite like the Leeds Pale they do, as well. Some good ales in that bar - not the cheapest, mind :eek: £8.10 for a pint of Jaipur and a pint of Pale in Yorkshire !!!!

I meant Leeds, you daft bugger ;)

Like raul says - the Swan next to the City Varieties.

Yes, thank you. I enjoyed my pint of Jaipur very much.

I quite like the Leeds Pale they do, as well. Some good ales in that bar - not the cheapest, mind :eek: £8.10 for a pint of Jaipur and a pint of Pale in Yorkshire !!!!

Glad you did and Yorkshire Pale is nice as well. Jaipur is £4 a pint the Sheffield Tap as well

Back
Top Bottom