Pre-match View From Wigan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

"Whatever the end result it won’t top the emotion following our/my last visit there in 2007. Regardless, really looking forward to this one.”

Clog-wearing-pie-munching-mintballs-up-their-arses-inbred-wankers.

We owe them.

We owe them big style...

COYRAWW

ISC

Did they really have a player sent off? I can't remember that but remember Heskey having a stormer :(

We owe them.

We owe them big style...

COYRAWW

ISC

If there's a team beginning with W that we owe for that it wasn't Wigan. They supported us fully in our legal battle and their Chairman acted with great dignity. We bottled it on the day and they beat us fair and square.

If there's a team beginning with W that we owe for that it wasn't Wigan. They supported us fully in our legal battle and their Chairman acted with great dignity. We bottled it on the day and they beat us fair and square.

The fact that we didn't turn up and they beat us, is EXACTLY why we owe them one.

ISC

If we can replicate the game play v Bradford - we can win, if we replicate the game play v Swindon - we'll struggle big time.

Tough game, went to Wigan and they weren't that sparkling, looked dangerous going forward but like many teams in this league (including ourselves) if you put pressure on their defence, they're not that good.

Better history? When I first started watching the Blades they weren't even a League team!
Dave Whelan made a lot of noise about the West Ham thing, but what did he actually do to assist us?
Don't blame them for our relegation at all though - all we had to do was avoid defeat. Against 10 men.

Really dislike them.

How can they support a club like that?

How can they get passionate about a club like that.

Really really hate them for giving me one of my most miserable day as a Blade. If we'd stayed up that day who knows how far we would have progressed as a club?

Twats.

The only aspect of Wigan I hate is that silly little bell end who constantly thumped a drum, in the corner next to us a couple of weeks ago. Fucking maddening.

At least he shut up when we scored 3 quick goals to salvage a draw :)

I've no hard feelings about Wigan for that relegation it was down to the FA's duplicity and Warnocks needless tinkering with the team that smashed West Ham at home just a few weeks previously.

Really dislike them.

How can they support a club like that?

How can they get passionate about a club like that.

Really really hate them for giving me one of my most miserable day as a Blade. If we'd stayed up that day who knows how far we would have progressed as a club?

Twats.

How can you hate a Wigan fan from Wigan?

Must be easy in Wigan to jump on the Man U/C Liverpool/Everton band wagon?

Proper footie fans as are all fans of smaller clubs.

How many Man U/Leeds shirts are there in Dingle land?

What is always forgotten about the day they sent us down, is the most blatant of blatant penalties that was never given by Mculloch on Jags I think it was.

Fell asleep before I got to the end of the one on about his weekend in Aberystwyth.

Better history? When I first started watching the Blades they weren't even a League team!
Dave Whelan made a lot of noise about the West Ham thing, but what did he actually do to assist us?
Don't blame them for our relegation at all though - all we had to do was avoid defeat. Against 10 men.

Well it's a much better recent history ... they've won the FA Cup, didn't they get to the League Cup final as well, more seasons in Prem than us, they've even played in Europe (unlike us). All-in a damning indictment of our piss poor board ... they should be f***ing embarrassed that this Century we're in the shadows of a club such as Wigan. Fair play to them but f***ing awful from the men entrusted in moulding and supposedly driving our club forward.

No problem with Wigan at all. Good luck to them. Were a credit after that match when many would have given it the big un.
Agreed. I heard quite a few offering genuine commiserations after the game and saying utd and them should never have been put in that position in the first place and Trevor Brooking et al should have gone down before the game was even played.

Back
Top Bottom