Pre-Match View From Swindon

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reading all that you could quite easily swap the swindon references for Blades and County ground references for bramall lane.

We seem to have similar mentalities.

Best comment for me:
“If you want cheering up, take a dip into the Blades forum.
Thought our lot on here were miserable, pessimistic old c***s.”

They're not in form, niether are we, for me we need a 2 goal advantage to go own there with, and I can see them scoring. 3-1 the target. I fear 1-1.

“I was up there for the Sheffield away match this year and they just kicked lumps out of us all 2nd half.”

I don't remember that. Checking the stats from the match I see they received 6 yellow cards, which is quite a lot.

I remember their bizarre tactic of spending the first 45 minutes trying to get Higdon sent off and not participating in a football match at all. It backfired massively when we forced to bring Murphy on, and his pace, sharpness and finishing resulted in the two goals.

Reading all that you could quite easily swap the swindon references for Blades and County ground references for bramall lane.

We seem to have similar mentalities.

"They’ll be expected to come at us first leg so that may suit us as we’re dangerous on the counter. Hopefully we can hold for a draw first leg.”

I could written that myself.....

Best comment for me:
“If you want cheering up, take a dip into the Blades forum.
Thought our lot on here were miserable, pessimistic old c***s.”

They're not in form, niether are we, for me we need a 2 goal advantage to go own there with, and I can see them scoring. 3-1 the target. I fear 1-1.

I was just thinking if they had an equivalent. What on earth would they make of the comments here.

“Looks like Clough is getting his excuses in early and seems as if he is content if they just don’t lose the first leg.
Negative vibes from Bramall Lane
“Clough said if they can’t win make sure they don’t lose.
Hardly the sort of thing his old man would have said”

I see the Swindon fans have picked up on Clough's negative attitude :(

“Surely the odds just tell us who is being backed at the moment.
Sheffield Utd are a club with a bigger fanbase and as such will probably have more people putting a bet on them to win.”

They clearly don't know us at all :rolleyes:

“Wow you’re right. All that pre-emptive wrist-slitting has made me more optimistic than anything else.Their fans could be our
13th man if things aren’t going their way!”

A quote from one of their fans which is pretty much key. If we go a goal or 2 down think before you start booing or hurling abuse. Save it for when the season has been decided.

It'll be the first game in history to be won and lost by forum negativity.

Foxy, turn off the shout box during the match and we might stand a chance!

Might Swiss.....Might?!?!!!! Good thing our fortunes aren't influenced by the shoutbox wallahs. Just interpret a match via the shoutbox as akin to a Samaritan's helpline, desperation, angst, fear, joy, blame, and a need to accuse because it's easy to do so, that should just about sum up the suicidal logic that is aired on that little box of joy!

Might Swiss.....Might?!?!!!! Good thing our fortunes aren't influenced by the shoutbox wallahs. Just interpret a match via the shoutbox as akin to a Samaritan's helpline, desperation, angst, fear, joy, blame, and a need to accuse because it's easy to do so, that should just about sum up the suicidal logic that is aired on that little box of joy!

That Samaritans number might be useful.

Ha - unless we face Preston in a final.
We'll be giving it away to each other so that one of us can wallow in the most wretched play off final record, without peer ;)
I thought we had the most final defeats (4) whilst they had the most campaign failures (7)?

“Wow you’re right. All that pre-emptive wrist-slitting has made me more optimistic than anything else.Their fans could be our
13th man if things aren’t going their way!”

A quote from one of their fans which is pretty much key. If we go a goal or 2 down think before you start booing or hurling abuse. Save it for when the season has been decided.

So outsiders looking in think our fans are bad for the club too? Weird.

Unfortunately we will be their 13th man if Nigel goes for the 0-0 draw, that would be a travesty, fingers crossed he doesn't respect them too much and goes for it.

I thought we had the most final defeats (4) whilst they had the most campaign failures (7)?

Close. We do hold the record for highest number of final failures (4: 1997, 2003, 2009, 2012) and we're second on the list of unsuccessful campaigns with 6 (as before plus 1998 and 2013). Preston have a spectacular 9 failures (out on their own!), with 3 final defeats (in bold):

Championship equivalent: 2001, 2005, 2006, 2009*
League 1 equivalent: 1989, 1999, 2014
League 2 equivalent: 1994, 1995

*lost to United!

This is going to be a very tight tie between two evenly matched sides. I think that both managers would take a one goal lead, a draw or even a one goal deficit after the first leg, just as long as it isn't over before leg two.

This is going to be a very tight tie between two evenly matched sides. I think that both managers would take a one goal lead, a draw or even a one goal deficit after the first leg, just as long as it isn't over before leg two.
After listening to both managers interviews i think you have that spot on.

Back
Top Bottom