Pre-Match view from Spurs

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“Forget beating Sheffield Utd, ain’t gonna happen, they’ll be all over us like wild eyed, manic, blue painted jocks relishing the flesh of soft, overly comfortable English royals in a one-sided battle!!”

:D Our lot can be quite eloquent at times!

“Forget beating Sheffield Utd, ain’t gonna happen, they’ll be all over us like wild eyed, manic, blue painted jocks relishing the flesh of soft, overly comfortable English royals in a one-sided battle!!”

:D Our lot can be quite eloquent at times!

That was my particular favourite quote

That was my particular favourite quote

They are a good bunch on that particular forum. Mostly in the 16-30 age group hence some of the more 'out there' posts. They are the fellas that turn up at our U18 & U21 games on occasion & create a great atmosphere for the youth players.

They cannot play any better than they did last week, but we can. We have another few gears to move up to, especially away from home.
The frantic atmosphere at Bramall Lane shouldn’t scare us, it should spur us on and inspire us, and I think it will do both.”

I think we can play much better than we did last week actually.

Slightly strange away goals only come into play after extra time. Surely you have them or you don't? Never been a fan myself.

“Away fans are always louder , Can assure you that 5500 or so yids will be louder than the blades on Wednesday night “

This fella has had his views on decibel creation skewed by too many trips to Stamford Bridge.
They really will be surprised....which surprises me.

"these guys are fighting for a place in a cup final for the first time since the seventies, of course they’re going to be hard to play against. “

What were we fighting for in 1993, 1998, 2003 (in two semi-finals) and 2014 then?

"these guys are fighting for a place in a cup final for the first time since the seventies, of course they’re going to be hard to play against. “

What were we fighting for in 1993, 1998, 2003 (in two semi-finals) and 2014 then?

Our right to party..?

“Away fans are always louder , Can assure you that 5500 or so yids will be louder than the blades on Wednesday night “

This fella has had his views on decibel creation skewed by too many trips to Stamford Bridge.

The prawn sandwich in a library, that is the Premier League experience, has totally ruined the atmosphere to the point where this guy is probably right to have this expectation. Sad!

O well, having the wax dribbling from his ears if we score will be a nice surprise!

I think we can play much better than we did last week actually.

Was about to say the same. Thought we were excellent without the ball but we can be much better in possession.

Personally, I think we'll take them to extra time and lose on away goals. One thing is for sure - my voice will be completely gone on Thursday.

Is it me or are most of the comments from Spurs some of the most unbiased down to earth I've read from any fans this season. All we normally get is hate them Sheffield lot hate the blades there fans are still stuck in the Stone Age, prefer Wendy blah blah blah. Really looking forward to the game and atmosphere and who ever goes through I truely do hope they lift the cup.. ( blades obviously)..

COYRAWW

Is it me or are most of the comments from Spurs some of the most unbiased down to earth I've read from any fans this season. All we normally get is hate them Sheffield lot hate the blades there fans are still stuck in the Stone Age, prefer Wendy blah blah blah. Really looking forward to the game and atmosphere and who ever goes through I truely do hope they lift the cup.. ( blades obviously)..

COYRAWW

yuley 82 Agree .

I am going to appreciate what i am watching , and that the good times . feel good factor , seem to be back at BDTBL .

UTB

I read that as we haven't been in a cup final since the 70's.
Only out by a mere 40 years!

They are a good bunch on that particular forum. Mostly in the 16-30 age group hence some of the more 'out there' posts. They are the fellas that turn up at our U18 & U21 games on occasion & create a great atmosphere for the youth players.

Why are some so angry towards us? We're 2 divisions below you what's their problem?

If Spurs score 1st its game over. We can't score 3.

Don't think we've ever lost on away goals. We'll do that!

yuley 82 Agree .

I am going to appreciate what i am watching , and that the good times . feel good factor , seem to be back at BDTBL .

UTB

All I'd add Bos is that the feel good factor/the good times etc, all seem to be based on one week's hectic transfer activity with the board delivering at long last. No doubt the new players will be integrated in the team at some point (Brayford being a shoe-in), so we're still work in progress mate. The pursuit of COG is the final, at least for the moment, piece of the jigsaw. If that happens soon then I'll be more confident about the immediate future. I'm usually a glass half-full type, I just don't want to find that this optimistic balloon is pricked and deflates just as quickly as it appeared.....on a continued note of optimism, in Brayford and Harris we had an excellent pair of fullbacks, glad to see them reunited.

As your message suggests, a change of mood that was unexpected, and all the more welcome for it.

Why are some so angry towards us? We're 2 divisions below you what's their problem?

If Spurs score 1st its game over. We can't score 3.

Don't think we've ever lost on away goals. We'll do that!

Probably because you stand between us & Wembley & they are, understandably nervous. It isn't anything against SUFC specifically.

I'm not sure if he means it'll be our first cup final since the 70s or it's our first semi-final since the 70s.
Either way he's 40 years out...

"They cannot play any better than they did last week, but we can."

Can't help but disagree with this. Not with the Spurs being able to play better bit, of course they can, but so can we. I actually felt our passing was sloppy at WHL at times and we made defensive mistakes. Don't have to look any further than our last League Cup game at BDTBL to see a better Blades' performance (against a team the Premier League table suggests is better than Spurs).

Well done Nige to get this sort of comment out of a major premiership set up.

This is a difficult game and despite what fat head Merson thinks, if we come through this we should get some credit.
we won't get any credit if we beat them fat gambling addicted merson works for sky and he is also an ex gooner !! nuff said ??
:mad:

Fans are advised that all pubs en route to the stadium from the railway station and around the stadium are designated as 'home fans only' - our fans are advised to use restaurants and bars in the city centre.

Is that true? I've mixed with away fans in The Golden Lion, The Globe and The Howard - all of which would be better than wandering up into town.
They can always go to dempseys :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom