Pre-Match View From Rochdale

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Given that, when I mentioned that we had not lost to Bury at home since the 1920's, we promptly went and lost to them, I am not going to mention that Rochdale are the only current League club against whom we have a 100% League record.

Given that, when I mentioned that we had not lost to Bury at home since the 1920's, we promptly went and lost to them, I am not going to mention that Rochdale are the only current League club against whom we have a 100% League record.

As I recall, the first time we played them was in 1981/2, our only time in Div 4 and since they've hardly moved out of that league, our chances to break the record have been very limited.

Good luck to them, I've enjoyed the recent visits to Rochdale, unpretentious club, proper ground on the top of a hill, chip shop outside the away stand, jumpers for goalposts......

As I recall, the first time we played them was in 1981/2, our only time in Div 4 and since they've hardly moved out of that league, our chances to break the record have been very limited.

Good luck to them, I've enjoyed the recent visits to Rochdale, unpretentious club, proper ground on the top of a hill, chip shop outside the away stand, jumpers for goalposts......

The record:

16/1/82 A W1-0 (Edwards)
4/5/82 H W3-1 (Hatton, Edwards 2)
10/12/11 H W3-0 (Evans 2, Creswell)
10/4/12 A W5-2 (Doyle, Evans 2, Williamson, MacDonald)
13/9/14 H W1-0 (Campbell-Ryce)
24/2/15 W2-1 (McNulty, Brayford)

They were in the fourth division for 36 years. Their supporters must have a very different outlook to us.

They were in the fourth division for 36 years. Their supporters must have a very different outlook to us.

I know it's a bit patronising but I've always admired the die hards of the smaller clubs surrounding Manchester, when it would be so easy to jump on the glory hunter wagon. Now seem to have established themselves as a tough nut to crack third division side, especially at Spotland. One or two players who I wouldn't mind seeing in the white and very thin red stripe shirt.

".....the supposed glam sides of the division ...."

Our back four for tomorrows game........

Slade1_2f4aa.jpg

There used to be a weekly column in one of the national newspapers by a Rochdale fan. Always entertaining.

Got my train ticket to Nottingham already. Can't wait to see a 20,000 capacity crowd at Meadow Lane tomorrow for Rochdale tomorrow. Special thanks to Notts County for letting us use their facilities whilst we water our pitch.

The record:

16/1/82 A W1-0 (Edwards)
4/5/82 H W3-1 (Hatton, Edwards 2)
10/12/11 H W3-0 (Evans 2, Creswell)
10/4/12 A W5-2 (Doyle, Evans 2, Williamson, MacDonald)
13/9/14 H W1-0 (Campbell-Ryce)
24/2/15 W2-1 (McNulty, Brayford)
The 5-2 was a masterclass from Ched, I think we took him of to protect him too after his second... That worked out well.
I remember singing "not bad for a 1 man team" after he'd gone off and they scored 2 and got back into the game.

Showing my age (though not like you b56!) I remember the 1-0 win in the first ever meeting. Was a bitterly cold icy day and I'm sure our game was one of only half a dozen or so played that day. We were piss poor but King Keith scrambled one in and that was good enough for us. 3 points ( for the first season ever) and home to defrost

2zs42zc.jpg

A Matt Done goal and a United defeat might not be a bad punt at the bookies tomorrow!

We looked well cool,
Or as we said in those days, we looked FAB

Never wore any of that glam rock shit, but I did love my Levi flares and can't believe now how we thought they looked so cool - in fact I remember trying on some narrow leg jeans and thinking how big and daft they made my feet look.

Back
Top Bottom