Pre-Match View From Oxford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“Without a doubt they are our bitter rivals, so much has happened between us and them.

Really? Can't say I've ever given one solitary shit about them in all fairness.

“We never seem to do well against them or Wilder for that matter. Hope that changes on Saturday.”

Oh it will.

Don't hate them, wouldn't call them a "small Club" given the way we seem to be being run lately either

I've barely heard us mention them ever never mind bitter rivals.

Strange but i remember a survey years ago about who fans thought tbere biggest rivalry was and both ipswitch and norwich pit us 2nd :s

Any team that plays us will be confident probably over confirmed. Well as we know from his appointment. Oxford dislike wilder with a passion to say the least so they are going to be revved up. But Oxford is Must win absolutely no excuses. Probably preston 7yrs ago the last we came in an August fixture needing 3pts

Although i dont get this weird delusion they have of us being bitter rivals because of some "history"

What ????

Fancy their chances though and so must they.

Hopefully we might have some on target - that will be a great start.

UTB

This would be a great game to get us back on track.
On paper we still have a better squad than most in this division.
No hoof please gaffer

Have The Oxford fans got the fixtures confused and think they are playing Swindon on Saturday?

Bitter rivals???? Unless they are playing us or The pigs I don't recall ever looking for their result.

(They are right about it being a relegation six pointer though.)

They seem too confident to me, not the usual views from where they think theyl get beaten by us. Defo a win for us tomorrow and the start of the climb up the table

The rivalry they speak of isn't to do with us, the club.

It's them & Wilder.. if we'd still have Nigel Adkins, they wouldn't care a jot.

I can see them giving Wilder some dogs' from the start tomorrow... especially if they take the lead and God forbid, win.

Time for the Kop to make some noise without being bribed by suave Sinclairinho...

If only....

Why did United spend a £100,000,000 on a Desso, when it's blindingly obvious, we should have invested in paper.

That's where we're going wrong.
You could be wrong
You could be right
As your song goes

What are they on about? Are they on crack? Can some of the older forum members enlighten me and explain any potential beef with Oxford from the past? I know there's the Wilder thing but bitter rivals? They're just a town full of cycle lanes. Unbelievable Jeff.

"They have got a pub team manager now though.
About the only notable thing they have done during my 37 years on this planet is threaten to sue West Ham after getting relegated.

Although thinking on it didnt they once claim they turned down the chance to sign Maradona, must be where Wilder picked that habit of his of claiming to have been offered every player first from.”

Could be worse, we could have been owned by Robert Maxwell.

Back
Top Bottom