Pre-Match View From Coventry

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They have dropped off drastically since we played them just before Christmas, no wonder they aren't happy. At the time, I thought they were the best side I'd seen at the Lane this season and we did well to battle to win.

I wish we were the physical side they imagine us to be.

Cheers Roygbiv for the good work this season.

Thanks Roy. That lot are about as hacked off as we all are. However to describe our team as 'thugs' did amuse me.
Yeah I just realised that the game against Coventry at home was the one where JMac finally manned up and started kicking lumps out of their players. Fair play to them on this occasion.

Little do Coventry know that it was probably the only game where we can say we bullied a team this year.

We were thugs that day and when Mowbray and their fans think this, then the players must be worried that we'll batter them physically.

I reckon we should recall a few of the loaned out munchkin's and that'll really fuck with their minds

Tony Mowbray reacts after he sees Jay McEveley's arriving at Coventry's Soulless Concrete Bowl Arena -

2menxop.gif

Yeah I just realised that the game against Coventry at home was the one where JMac finally manned up and started kicking lumps out of their players. Fair play to them on this occasion.

Little do Coventry know that it was probably the only game where we can say we bullied a team this year.

We were thugs that day and when Mowbray and their fans think this, then the players must be worried that we'll batter them physically.

I reckon we should recall a few of the loaned out munchkin's and that'll really fuck with their minds

You are correct that was the first match in a season and a half that I felt we bossed the midfield and bullied the other team instead of us being bullied

They always are a good read mainly because I don't recognise the Sheffield United they are talking about!!

Throughout this season and last a lot of opposition fans have said that we use dirty tactics and bully teams physically. We don't see it.

I think one team likened us to the Chelsea of League 1 in the decisions we get, play acting and surrounding of referees.

I wonder if we really do get the rub of the green from refs because we are a "big team" in this league? I'd like to hear a neutrals view on that as both us and the opposition are clearly biased.

Irony here is that we'd like to see the powder puff players like Sammon, Woolford, Hammond being a bit "thuggish" LOL

Thanks Roy for all your efforts, we now know that we are loved (except by Dingles)

Throughout this season and last a lot of opposition fans have said that we use dirty tactics and bully teams physically. We don't see it.

I think one team likened us to the Chelsea of League 1 in the decisions we get, play acting and surrounding of referees.

I wonder if we really do get the rub of the green from refs because we are a "big team" in this league? I'd like to hear a neutrals view on that as both us and the opposition are clearly biased.

Being an old git, I think I'm reasonable enough to know when we've done wrong and when we haven't.

I'm absolutely certain that we get no "privileged" treatment from referees, indeed there have been many occasions over the last 4 years when I think we should have employed a "respected" retired referee, to write an impartial report on the performance of some of our match officials for us to submit to the FA for their consideration. Some of the refereeing decisions we have suffered have been appalling and would have been hilarious if they hadn't been against us !

I know referees /linesman's jobs are tricky, but not helped by the FA's FIFA's dogged refusal to employ technology to ensure that we get consistency. However, I can't help but wonder if the speculation that we're still "blacklisted" by referees, having successfully sued the FA's chirpy cockney darlings, may have some sliver of truth in it. The old Spock saying, when you've eliminated the other possibilities, whatever is left must be the answer ........

UTB & FTP

Can we get the views of Colchester fans pre-Dingles?

We don't do that anywhere near enough. There's one or two that don't mind getting stuck in as individuals (McEveley, Hammond) but collectively they're well off the mark. We should be surrounding the ref in attempt to influence the game and if it kicks-off with the opposition they all should be in there. The only one who gives it back to the opposition (verbals, afters rather than going in with heavy tackles) is Billy Sharp and even then he's on his own as no one backs him up. Last season was even worse as nobody got involved, we'd get fouled and our player would get up and shake hands with the bloke who's just fouled him! This would never have happened with Bassett or Warnock teams, until we get something like this one-for-all and all-for-one spirit again we're always going to struggle to get out of this division.

Back
Top Bottom