Potential Key Players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barney

Reaction score
As we all know there are a few players with great potential that has not necessarily been shown so far. The following in particular..

• Paul Coutts - Showed some glimpses of ability for the latter stages of last season in an injury recovering year. For the most part he was sloppy in his play, often giving the ball away and pulling out of challenges. There's no doubt though that he does have some potential having seen some of his play for Derby and Preston in his younger years.

• James Wallace - Another one hit by injury for the most part of last season. He is one with an undoubtedly high level of talent for league one, shown at his time with Tranmere but unfortunately not with us yet. Next season maybe?

• Che Adams - This lad has a raw talent, a real powerhouse when he drives forward. Excellent prospect for his age. I admire his level-headedness and maturity at such a young age. Dubbed a potentially great player by many especially during his time at Ilkeston. I predict this lad can become the next in a long line of great players we have managed to develop from a young age.

I think keep these three fit and injury free (could be an issue particularly for Wallace) and with Adkins working with them to help further their development, we could have three important cogs in our first team here. I wasn't the biggest fan of Clough as most of you will be aware and even though they haven't quite proved themselves as reliable first team players as of yet, I certainly give the man credit for signing these three for the potential they have.

UTB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Add Florent Cuvelier to that list too. A fit and ready to go Cuvelier is up there with the best talents in our league and easily capable of making the step up also imo.

Add Florent Cuvelier to that list too. A fit and ready to go Cuvelier is up there with the best talents in our league and easily capable of making the step up also imo.

Is he? Not seen any evidence of this?

Potential key players? All of them. Every single one could be a key player. Let's hope that's the case.

Backbone of team with what we have at present is:- Brayford, Basham, Murphy, Done and Coutts

Big seasons ahead for:- Reed, Adams and Scougall

If fit, potential to be great players for us:- Cuvelier, Wallace and Higdon

Michael Higdon looks lean this season. He is only 31 years old and has got it all in there somewhere.

Seems like fate with Wallace making all the assists.

Is he? Not seen any evidence of this?

Season before he signed for us, playing for Walsall.
I remember when we signed him from Stoke most of the league was jealous! Shame he never fit right... But nobody did in Weir's setup.

Back
Top Bottom