Port Vale V Blades 03/10/15 - Match Highlights & Interview links.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The_Green_Man

Slave to the NHS.
Reaction score

thanks for the links.

Both joke goals to concede.

We're literally saying, have a pop, it's on the house.

NA "I will give all the players a chance"

Listening to NA interview - Do you think he is finally coming to the conclusion that we just ain't good enough!

My initial comments having seen the highlights, is how bad must Edgar have been to be the centre half subbed at half time?

Collins is beaten in the air for the first goal and then then gets turned for the second before putting in a powder puff challenge.

It's aright though cause after it hits the net he waves his arms around and shouts at everyone, which as we all know is what true leaders do.

My next thought is how long does Freeman want to give the winger to put in a cross, note to Kieran, the phrase "Stand him up, don't dive in", does mean stand off him 5 yards so he can pick whatever ball he wants.

NA "I will give all the players a chance"

Listening to NA interview - Do you think he is finally coming to the conclusion that we just ain't good enough!

Before a ball was even kicked at the meet the manager event he said something along the lines of "no, this team isn't good enough to go up."

My initial comments having seen the highlights, is how bad must Edgar have been to be the centre half subbed at half time?

Collins is beaten in the air for the first goal and then then gets turned for the second before putting in a powder puff challenge.

It's aright though cause after it hits the net he waves his arms around and shouts at everyone, which as we all know is what true leaders do.

My next thought is how long does Freeman want to give the winger to put in a cross, note to Kieran, the phrase "Stand him up, don't dive in", does mean stand off him 5 yards so he can pick whatever ball he wants.

Edgar was injured was the official reason.

It might be that he is playing with a knock and that's affecting his performance. This at least would make sense.

I can't decide whether it's that - or the defenders equivalent of limping after you've missed an open goal. His challenge for the second really is woeful - the worst of three really poor ones - and then he looks like he makes to grab his knee. Just before half time he was fairly easily muscled off of the ball, and again he grabbed at his knee. If he's having a big dip in form (and attitude?) we've got a huge problem, if he's carrying a knock and it can be put right quickly, then we've (obviously) got a better chance.

In a crisis like this you've got to address the immediate.
Those on here who rate Freeman you aren't seeing the player I am.
His marking is atrocious, continually out of position, when he does get forward he makes central runs not overlapping like a full back should not even a bench warmer.
Flynn no words for him total passenger.

The blame for both those goals largely lies with the right hand side of defence.

Edgar and Freeman both standing off one player and allowing the initial cross and neither bothering to try and get back until it was too late.

The second was Collins being out-muscled whilst everyone else stood round and watched.

Pathetic attempts at defending. Why both centre halves were out there in the first place is a mystery.

Joke defending ..looks like Bash falling over after a powderpuff attempt at a tackle for the second...although Edgar should have got tighter to the crosser on the first goal,If only Collins could have got his head on the cross and Bash put in a proper tackle for the second,both goals could have been avoided.

Joke defending ..looks like Bash falling over after a powderpuff attempt at a tackle for the second...although Edgar should have got tighter to the crosser on the first goal,If only Collins could have got his head on the cross and Bash put in a proper tackle for the second,both goals could have been avoided.

And that's why all the players mentioned in Rumour Mill - Dan Burn, Dean Hammond, Morsy etc. are ludicrous. Edgar was excellent when he first came, but look at him now. We'd turn any half-decent player into another one who is just coasting along.

He watched last season's videos, saw us pre-season, saw the problems 1st game yet we're still making the same mistakes and conceding crappy goals with the same players a dozen games later. We have a manager and 'fabulous' coaches apparently who have been here and done it before.

Yes, he inherited problems and players he's stuck with to a certain extent but we're not playing as a unit and listening to yesterday's interview, he sounded low and non-plussed as to why we're not doing what we should be.

Worrying times once again.

And that's why all the players mentioned in Rumour Mill - Dan Burn, Dean Hammond, Morsy etc. are ludicrous. Edgar was excellent when he first came, but look at him now. We'd turn any half-decent player into another one who is just coasting along.
I agree..looked a good signing,but recent performances he seems to have gone backwards.

Edgar was injured was the official reason.

It might be that he is playing with a knock and that's affecting his performance. This at least would make sense.

I can't decide whether it's that - or the defenders equivalent of limping after you've missed an open goal. His challenge for the second really is woeful - the worst of three really poor ones - and then he looks like he makes to grab his knee. Just before half time he was fairly easily muscled off of the ball, and again he grabbed at his knee. If he's having a big dip in form (and attitude?) we've got a huge problem, if he's carrying a knock and it can be put right quickly, then we've (obviously) got a better chance.

I'd not realised that it was edgar as first defender for the 1st goal, I'd got him and Edgar mixed up (so apologies to Freeman). My only excuse is they both have beards. Can't one of them dye it blue or something so I don't make such simple mistakes in future.

I'd not realised that it was edgar as first defender for the 1st goal, I'd got him and Edgar mixed up (so apologies to Freeman). My only excuse is they both have beards. Can't one of them dye it blue or something so I don't make such simple mistakes in future.

Did you just say b*** when you obviously meant red?

Back
Top Bottom