Poorly represented by The Star again I see.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

highpeakblade

Shoreham Street - Til Death Us Do Part
Reaction score
Just had a nip on thestar.co.uk on my afternoon lunch break and I am not surprised in the lightest to see that last nights magnificent performance and victory over on of finest teams in the country on paper at the minute has once again gone without any huge recognition.

A month or so ago you could go on the site and see 2 or 3 new daily twists on the welsh striker however hardly anything on last night. In fact they even managed to cast us in bad light by pointing out Koeman's thoughts on our unsporting bench.

Would this have been the case if it had been The Owls? I very much doubt it.

I hear on the grapevine that The Star are about to start charging for digital services of the newpaper from January, if this is true I am not bother in the slightest and you won't be getting a penny of my hard earned moolah!

Just had a nip on thestar.co.uk on my afternoon lunch break and I am not surprised in the lightest to see that last nights magnificent performance and victory over on of finest teams in the country on paper at the minute has once again gone without any huge recognition.

A month or so ago you could go on the site and see 2 or 3 new daily twists on the welsh striker however hardly anything on last night. In fact they even managed to cast us in bad light by pointing out Koeman's thoughts on our unsporting bench.

I hear on the grapevine that The Star are about to start charging for digital services of the newpaper from January, if this is true I am not bother in the slightest and you won't be getting a penny of my hard earned moolah!

If they start charging for that rag itll be the end of it, cant see people paying for it and they'll lose a big portion of their advertising revenue

Should pay us to read it. Most of the content comes of here and BM

I am surprised they put the match report on, it's a bit early for them.

They usually post news about a week after it's been reported elsewhere or on here.

Radio pig and the stir,.as they are to be forever known from now on, hate united, they probably had the print run ready to publicise our huge defeat and had to hurriedly cobble a story together...

After the way we were attacked by these sad old dinosaurs for doing NOTHING ! We need to move on and not give them our time or money...

Shame that the local paper has such poor relations with the very people it rely's on to survive
typical Sheffield
Agreed Judge it has an obligation to serve its local community and furnish it with accurate unbiased local news reporting. It doesn't so deserves to die its death by a thousand cuts in readership.

You know this to be the case so why the hell put yourself through it? Most sane people under 70 wouldn't touch the Star with a shitty stick.

Shame that the local paper has such poor relations with the very people it rely's on to survive
typical Sheffield

No I recon they do ok with cat owners who need something to clean piss and shit up with.

They rang me last week to see if I would put an advert on a feature they are doing in the business section. My response was a bit amateur I suppose but they can fuck off.
Yea they'd get the same response from me.
They always come out with the same bollocks " it's normally £1000 for two nights but we have it on offer for £500 for three nights" fuck off
First time I'd advertised for labour for a couple of years seven word advert £165 a night
Rip off

It's the same as the phone ins though isn't it ?
Only as good as the callers but the only people who phone in are the same mongs embarrassing themselves over and over again

Yea they'd get the same response from me.
They always come out with the same bollocks " it's normally £1000 for two nights but we have it on offer for £500 for three nights" fuck off
First time I'd advertised for labour for a couple of years seven word advert £165 a night
Rip off

It cost less to have a brick permanently on the memorial wall at the Lane than it does a 3 line entry in the Star that no one sees and is binned virtually straight away.

Newspapers are dying off in general thanks to social media and the internet any way-just hope that pig rag is the first to go

I haven't bought or read the Star in years and haven't even looked on their website in ages so can't comment on the content but anyway I was at the inlaws on Saturday and the Star came into conversation and the father in law (who is from the dark side - you can choose your friends not your family! ) pipes up "you mean that Sheffield United paper"!
Now considering that most people on here consider it a 'Pig rag' I was just a little bit surprised at his comment yet he went on to say how bias the Star is towards the Blades!

Next to nothing on Radio Sheff this morning barely a mention fromtubby foster. To be fair FH was all Blades. I rarely ever look at the stir anymore, it is dull and predictable.

Not a bad report in The Sun, gave us the credit we deserve. Was top of the sports news on Absolute Radio this morning.

If you go on porktalk they reckon it is pretty biased towards us as is radio sheff

So we're lucky we've got pretty balanced coverage

I haven't bought or read the Star in years and haven't even looked on their website in ages so can't comment on the content but anyway I was at the inlaws on Saturday and the Star came into conversation and the father in law (who is from the dark side - you can choose your friends not your family! ) pipes up "you mean that Sheffield United paper"!
Now considering that most people on here consider it a 'Pig rag' I was just a little bit surprised at his comment yet he went on to say how bias the Star is towards the Blades!
Well what do you expect, they are a deluded lot them Wendy's.

I think they have a point.

The Stir usually do report on us more than them but it's mostly bad news. Like dragging out shit about Ched Evans all the time, as I am sure they were coming up for reasons to mention him months before he was released from prison. They don't have a great relationship with the blades and at times I am surprised the club let them anyway near. That said it's a paper and you expect some bias from papers.

Radio Sheffield is something else as that is clearly bias when it shouldn't be at all. The 2 or 3 Wednesday fan only phone in's they had when Megson got sacked was embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom