Poll: 29th August v Leicester B - Who's Boycotting?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yay or Nay?

• Yes

Votes: 104 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I voted yes but tbh I've never been to a JPT game in my life, as far as I can remember.

Who is playing Leicester B, and why? Is at an Academy fixture? If so, why boycott it? Have Leicester put prices up or something?

Dunno if you are taking the piss or not but....

A number of "A" rated acadamies have this season joined the EFL Trophy Johnstones Paint Tin Pot Cup (such as chelsea, Leicster, newcastle etc etc) and the competition has been extended to a group format before knock outs. Same player rules apply for us as previous years (no less than 5 starting players who played the previous match) but the acadamies can pretty much do what they want (think they are even allowed 3 players over the age of 21.

A load of premiership teams were offered the chance to join, and declined. It seems like its just the FA Testing the water for B teams in English football

Don't normally bother with the Paint Pot,but definately won't be bothering now,don't agree with the inclusion of B teams..Sheffield United v Leicester B ffs.

I've always boycotted this shitty competition so not casting a vote. Never been worth paying money for so no change.

I normally go, it might be a shitty competition but it was our shitty competition. This is a pre strike at putting PL 'B' teams in this league. Another nail in English football, it will be a training ground for Chelsea's et al's 30+ foreign youngsters :mad::mad::mad:

I'm unsure. I hate what they're doing the lower league football, and fully agree that B teams need to be forced out of the JPT. I'll certainly go to the other two games, and the feeling of sitting at home when the Blades have a "competitive" game is alien to me.

Part of me thinks the boycott will make no difference and the FL and PL will just push on and make whatever changes they want regardless of what fans think as they've done so far, so why should I let them force me out of watching my club by doing shit like this.

The best outcome for me is that we make a mockery of it and I get to see our U21's play Leicester's U21's, if I do decide that I want to attend.

Saying that, if it turns out no fucker buys a ticket except me, there's no way I'm being the only scab! ;)

how many would boycott if we got to a wembley final. I haven't voted because i wasn't going anyway.

Same player rules apply for us as previous years (no less than 5 starting players who played the previous match)

that's the bit that pisses me off most as it can affect what happens in the league, prevent us resting key players and increase risk of them getting injured.

Back
Top Bottom