Players that need to be moved on

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barney

Reaction score
Who would you not mind to see leave the club this transfer window?

My personal preferences:

Sell:

JCR
Scougall
Alcock
Flynn
K. Wallace
Higdon

Loan:

Reed
Khan
Dimaio
Whiteman
Willis

The squad will then become more of a reasonable number of 24 players that each have the ability and the realistic chance to influence and positively contribute to our promotion push. Additionally it allows room for new centre backs to arrive.

My personal preferences:

Sell:

JCR
Scougall
Alcock
Flynn
K. Wallace
Higdon

Loan:

Reed
Khan
Dimaio
Whiteman
Willis

The squad will then become more of a reasonable number of 24 players that each have the ability and the realistic chance to influence and positively contribute to our promotion push. Additionally it allows room for new centre backs to arrive.

Are you serious you would sell all those players? 2 max from that list. We need all the fire power we can get from starters.

Are you serious you would sell all those players? 2 max from that list. We need all the fire power we can get from starters.
Don't we have enough firepower with Sharp, Sammon, Adams, McNulty, Done (when fit) and Murphy?

You have to draw the line somewhere or you'll end up with a 40-man squad.

Don't we have enough firepower with Sharp, Sammon, Adams, McNulty, Done (when fit) and Murphy?

You have to draw the line somewhere or you'll end up with a 40-man squad.

Exactly why scougall and Higdon should stay, I'd get rid of some but not the full list you made.

Exactly why scougall and Higdon should stay, I'd get rid of some but not the full list you made.
Fair enough I just can't see them contributing much this season. Higdon could possibly improve a little but he did nothing last season to make us think that way.

Fair enough I just can't see them contributing much this season. Higdon could possibly improve a little but he did nothing last season to make us think that way.

Don't think he played enough to judge and was brought in far to late to get a pre season under his belt which is probably why he got injured so easily and probably so frustrated. Personally i think he will have a lot to give this season from the bench and maybe some starts against bigger tough teams but time will tell.

My personal preferences:

Sell:

JCR
Scougall
Alcock
Flynn
K. Wallace
Higdon

Loan:

Reed
Khan
Dimaio
Whiteman
Willis

so you want to sell all our winger (or cover wingers) and sell all our cover defence....

say we sold Scougall, Flynn, and JCR tomorrow... who would you place on the right wing for the game against Gillingham....

say we sold Keiran Wallace & Alcock tomorrow... and we get an injury to Freeman or McFadzean or both... who then plays at the back...

and on the basis of what I have seen pre season Higdon should stay and we need to send back Sammon.

the others you have mentioned (barring Reed) are still finding their feet in the development sqaud.

My personal preferences:

Sell:

JCR
Scougall
Alcock
Flynn
K. Wallace
Higdon

Loan:

Reed
Khan
Dimaio
Whiteman
Willis

Wouldn't sell that many
I'd shift Alcock and Cuvelier (can never stay fit) and possibly Higdon.

Loan out Dimaio, McGahey, Willis, DDG and DCL.

My personal preferences:

Sell:

JCR
Scougall
Alcock
Flynn
K. Wallace
Higdon

Loan:

Reed
Khan
Dimaio
Whiteman
Willis

The only one i agree with is Alcock and thats through no fault of his own. As for the rest i dont agree Higdon imo will play better if he gets a run in the team just look at his stats re goals to starts ratio its not bad. I just want a CB and yes all except Reed can go out on loan

Diego De Girolamo HAS to be given a proper run-out at some point. Granted, his attitude and work-rate haven't always been brilliant but he can be a great asset if used right. Maybe Adkins can get the best out of him.

Scougall played really well against Hull. He's got bags of potential and a really good attitude. Why on earth would you sell him?

I wasn't at the game, but given some of the flak that Scougall received last season I'd have thought that it's worth remembering his first season with us. Whether it was injury last season, a loss of confidence, or whether he needed someone to have a word with him about his game, surely when you have an asset you know can play well you don't just give up on them? This is where Adkins management skill will need to be spot-on. If he can get Scougall playing to his full potential then we'll once again have a great player on our books.

Diego De Girolamo HAS to be given a proper run-out at some point. Granted, his attitude and work-rate haven't always been brilliant but he can be a great asset if used right. Maybe Adkins can get the best out of him.
Why HAS he?
Calvert-Lewin has shown more in pre season, and Adams is moving to a level Diego is miles from at the moment.

I wasn't at the game, but given some of the flak that Scougall received last season I'd have thought that it's worth remembering his first season with us. Whether it was injury last season, a loss of confidence, or whether he needed someone to have a word with him about his game, surely when you have an asset you know can play well you don't just give up on them? This is where Adkins management skill will need to be spot-on. If he can get Scougall playing to his full potential then we'll once again have a great player on our books.

Running on to the ball he's very effective. A faster tempo of play will suit him and other players who are s bit more dynamic for me.

Running on to the ball he's very effective. A faster tempo of play will suit him and other players who are s bit more dynamic for me.

I remember seeing him when Clough signed him. He was unlike a typical Blades signing, busy, saw angles that others didn't, and brought an energy to our game that had been sorely missing. All that augered well and suggested we had someone who could improve our overall game. He hasn't suddenly become a poor or lesser player, so Adkins needs to give Scougall whatever he needs to get back to his own high standards.

Why HAS he?
Calvert-Lewin has shown more in pre season, and Adams is moving to a level Diego is miles from at the moment.

Because we need to nurture as much raw talent as we've got, just like we are with Calvert-Lewin and Che. I think that Diego will reach that level of potential far better with us than with another loan-out.

I remember seeing him when Clough signed him. He was unlike a typical Blades signing, busy, saw angles that others didn't, and brought an energy to our game that had been sorely missing. All that augered well and suggested we had someone who could improve our overall game. He hasn't suddenly become a poor or lesser player, so Adkins needs to give Scougall whatever he needs to get back to his own high standards.

Think it could be a great move shifting Scougs out wider.

Really can't see him operating centrally in a 4-4-2 &, for whatever reasons, he was really ineffective throughout most of last season in the no.10 role. But his cleverness could work well outside the crowded central areas, I reckon.

why anyone would want to sell JCR is beyond me he'd be my first choice on right wing

Better make sure that the gates are closed then, or we'll never see him again.

His skill and technique is wonderful but his consistent 'gift' to always choose the wrong option (dribble/cross/shoot/to the byline), has not been witnessed at BDTBL since Franz Carr was in his pomp (any yes, I was there when we beat Spurs 6-0).

ISC

Scougall played really well against Hull. He's got bags of potential and a really good attitude. Why on earth would you sell him?
Too small and weak, outmuscled and/or lost possession for the most part of when I saw him all last season, which i'd prefer to go on rather than one game only. We don't need small fancy dan's in this physical league we need big nasty bastards who are going to win the 50/50's.

Better make sure that the gates are closed then, or we'll never see him again.

His skill and technique is wonderful but his consistent 'gift' to always choose the wrong option (dribble/cross/shoot/to the byline), has not been witnessed at BDTBL since Franz Carr was in his pomp (any yes, I was there when we beat Spurs 6-0).

ISC

didnt really understand the first bit of that post but regardless .
apart from woolford (havent seen enough of him to say) who else do we have whos better . imo he's better than flynn and che isnt a winger he is a striker so who else is there? youd really take the risk of selling him just because his crossing ability isnt the best where in league ffs of course its not going to be brilliant you cant have it all in this division he is probebly the best dribbler of the ball weve got next to murphy and also the fastest player weve got and he also scores a few goals if i remember rightly , i also cant see him being on a 'massive' wage so whats the problem . and honestly i think last season he put plenty of decent crosses in , there was just no one there to get there head on it. i for one would be gutted if we sold him

JCR did look pretty good midweek at Macc until he went off injured.

I don't know what I'd do with Diego, I'd like to have used him as first backup option but then Adkins thought buying two more strikers was a good idea so I guess we loan him out

To answer the OP, the list below gives us 23 1st team professionals, with a further 8 players under 21 (thereby not counting for SCMP reasons) to support as required (with Adams being a mainstay in the team I hope/expect). Given we need 17 players every game - and the inevitable injuries and supensions - then this seems about right - and means only Alcock and Cuvelier can go. As everyone agrees, the gaping hole remains a strong centre half to bully attackers like Maguire used to - but I am sure NA has this in hand.

Goal Keepers:
Howard, Long (George Willis)

Right Back: Brayford,
Freeman

Left back:
Harris, McFadzean

Centre halves:
Collins, McEveley, Kennedy (McGahey)

Wide Mid:
Murphy, Flynn, Woolford, Campbell-Ryce, (Adams, Khan)

Centre Mid;
Basham, Wallace, Coutts (Reed, Dimaio)

Attacking Mid;
Baxter, Scougall

Centre Forward:
Sharp, Sammon, Done, Higdon, McNulty (Calvert-Lewin, De Girolamo)

It may take 2-3 windows to move them all on and I wouldn't expect them to be without better replacements lined up, but I don't think the following are or ever will be good enough - both for the quality NA is targetting currently and particularly where he is aiming for:

- Howard
- Long
- Alcock
- Harris
- McFazdean
- Collins
- McEveley
- Flynn
- Scougall
- McNulty

In addition, I'd prefer for those younger members of the squad unlikely to get much 1st team action to be loaned out to L1 & 2 clubs to gain experience and ensure match fitness.

done and brayford already out injured for a while with 17 on the bench 26 is not a bloated squad but a necessity
why people constantly count in under 21 s given a game is beyond me , they are still not full first team squad members
you can guarantee 3 / 4 being out injured or suspended at any one time

done and brayford already out injured for a while with 17 on the bench 26 is not a bloated squad but a necessity
why people constantly count in under 21 s given a game is beyond me , they are still not full first team squad members
So why are they in the first team squad? Asked another member this but didn't get an answer:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom