Player surplus.?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jonboy60

Reaction score
What if any will be sold or loaned out, as Doyle still got a starting place, will Flynn play in his natural position. Nice big squad to cover all positions, can't keep them all happy. And to cap it all Diego scores with a contract waiting to be signed. Any thoughts.

What if any will be sold or loaned out, as Doyle still got a starting place, will Flynn play in his natural position. Nice big squad to cover all positions, can't keep them all happy. And to cap it all Diego scores with a contract waiting to be signed. Any thoughts.

Good thought - was thinking of the same issue myself.

We have a big squad now and only 11 can play - we will have to see another side of NC's management.

UTB

Yesterday we showed just what we need a big squad for... In quantity and height!

Lots of players coming back from injury, with Wallace and Flo back we could've played a completely different side now that Coutts, freeman and sir beard are here. Looking at feb the games are coming thick and fast, we've got cup tied players that'll be rested and we should keep fresh.

I can see us letting a few out on loan though

Good thought - was thinking of the same issue myself.

We have a big squad now and only 11 can play - we will have to see another side of NC's management.

UTB

Like in any walk of life , people want and require to be valued and have financial security , within there jobs.

Players can trust Mr Clough , and i am sure the motivation still to play for SUFC will be there , even if a contract is not to be extended or renewed.

Mr Clough instills pride and commitment , but like in all walks of life , unfortunately they will be casualties.

Mr Clough works on under promise , over deliver scenario , but expects total commitment from all , even us supporters.

UTB

We've now got a squad of 36 and still short of players up front. If we get E Doyle and CoG then that makes 38.

We have a surfeit of midfielders and the likes of Khan, K Wallace, Whiteman, and Mcginn probably aren't going to see much first team action soon. McGinn's initial 2 year contract is up this summer, and i'd guess that we won't be taking up the option of the third year. The other three should be sent out on loan.

In defence, Collins time has gone at the club, and he too should be sent out on loan or sold.

If we get o'Grady AND Doyle, then i can't see Higdon featuring at all for the rest of the season. Flog him. If we only get one of Doyle or CoG then i'd keep him around.

I'm guessing K Wallace will cover for Murphy? I'd get quite a few out on loan if the injured players come back. As long as they have a recall clause, we can get them back match fit as well.

McGinn and Collins will go I reckon.

Maybe a loan move for one or two other players.

We've now got a squad of 36 and still short of players up front. If we get E Doyle and CoG then that makes 38.

We have a surfeit of midfielders and the likes of Khan, K Wallace, Whiteman, and Mcginn probably aren't going to see much first team action soon. McGinn's initial 2 year contract is up this summer, and i'd guess that we won't be taking up the option of the third year. The other three should be sent out on loan.

In defence, Collins time has gone at the club, and he too should be sent out on loan or sold.

If we get o'Grady AND Doyle, then i can't see Higdon featuring at all for the rest of the season. Flog him. If we only get one of Doyle or CoG then i'd keep him around.

If Hippo goes it will be as a make weight to ChezVagas one would think

For the foreseeable future we have two fixtures every week. We may need some of our squad as injuries are inevitable at some point .its going to be a long haul till the end of the season.

I think Alcock could be another looking over his shoulder. Gone from first choice RB to arguably fourth choice now behind Brayford, Freeman & Flynn. He can cover at CB, but again we have McEveley, Basham, McGahey Kennedy & Collins.
We need to get Long out on loan again, otherwise no point keeping Turner on.

I'd like to see some of the youngsters. Sent out on loan. Maybe another loan spell for DG out somewhere other than York.

Flo should also go somewhere to get regular game time.

I.think McGinn, Collins and Higdon should be allowed to leave to free up Wages for a.couple of forwards.

McGinn and Collins certainly. The rest I would keep through the Summer, especially if we are still in 2 Cups.

McGinn and Collins will go I reckon.

Maybe a loan move for one or two other players.
This. Those are the two most likely and if we sign a striker Higdon could also go, though I imagine he'll be here until the summer anyway.

Loan moves for the youth, if you think about players like Otis Kahn it seems like a no-brainer.

The first team defence play at Spurs and only concede from the penalty spot

Back up defence play at PNE and concede only once – from a free kick.

Those two fullbacks we've just signed appear surplus to me

:blue:

This. Those are the two most likely and if we sign a striker Higdon could also go, though I imagine he'll be here until the summer anyway.

Loan moves for the youth, if you think about players like Otis Kahn it seems like a no-brainer.
Not sure they would let Higdon go anywhere at the mo, even if we do sign a striker. Just watched COG on the box and he looked very comfortable in his own skin. Getting more of a regular run out now and CH looks to have lots of confidence in him. Interesting article from CH the other day making the point quite clearly that although we are interested in him, he is very much a Brighton player for the moment. It's a worry because a new striker is an ABSOLUTE MUST during the JTW. For me it was our number one priority [not the beard] and it still is.

Back
Top Bottom