Play Off Poll

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Be honest - Who do you think will win the Play Offs? Why?

• PNE

Votes: 73 43.7%
  • Swindon

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • SUFC

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Chesterfield

Votes: 25 15.0%

• Total voters

RichardKeys

It was just banter
Reaction score
Be honest - Who do you think will win the Play Offs? Why?

if i was an outsider i would honestly say us, proved we are a good cup side, 3rd never win it, swindon haven't been getting results and chesterfield are just as good as us minus big game experience

if i was an outsider i would honestly say us, proved we are a good cup side, 3rd never win it, swindon haven't been getting results and chesterfield are just as good as us minus big game experience

The 2002-3 side reached two cup semi finals and overcame Forest from two goals down in the play off semi final. It counted for nothing against Wolves in the final. So I think our cup record this season has no bearing at all on what will happen in the play offs.

Chesterfield. Given Preston and our play-off history and Chezzie's, as well as Swindon's poor form, I suspect a dark horse.

Swindon. They're better than Chezzie and the other two don't do playoffs.

Non Blade Wankers to a man ;)

As I sit here and take my calming medication, considering what's ahead of us, digesting the sacrilege of suggesting anyone but the Blades, I find that just for once I can find it within me to say bollocks to objectivity.......I simply don't care about the facts, the past, or form.....about who's been rested, who's not got form, who's got the biggest todger, who might be a dark fucking horse, or even a light fucking horse, in fact if we get promoted I'll buy a shetland fucking pony in it's own 125th memorial shirt......there, that'll clinch our promotion Up The Blades!!!

Really hope Preston knock Chesterfield out. There's not really an easy option for the final but our record against Chez and the embarrassing prospect of losing a play off final to them makes me feel unwell.

Blades. Main reason being that I don't fancy any of the four teams whatsoever so why not. Also because expectation is lower than zero. I have a feeling we will fluke it.

Chesterfield for me.

Preston will be rock bottom after missing out on automatic on the final day. Think we can get past Swindon, but will bottle it in the final.....The Blades Way

Not Swindon because I think we'll beat them.

Not PNE because they can't win playoffs.

Not SUFC because we can't win playoffs.

Process of elimination: Chesterfield.

Though I fancy PNE to win the semi so there should be a fifth option of 'Blades - PNE final and the universe implodes'.

Gone for the Blades, all,heart and no head in that thinking. We have to do it one year why not this, I know there are a 101 reasons we can't . But there are also 101 reasons we can.

Preston nailed on. Much better than the rest and Grayson won't let "So near, yet so far" faze them.

They be up for it and they'll stuff Chezzie in one of the games. We may just get past Swindon but it will be very close.

You just know the Football Gods want us versus PNE at Wembley don't you?

They do schadenfreude for fun ...

Blades for me this time. Preston must be on a real downer after missing out on autos, though I actually hope they make the final because I don't want the horror prospect of being beaten in the final by Chesterfield - which goes against my overall prediction, I know. I don't think Chesterfield have quite what it takes and I think Swindon have been in a waiting position too long. We've been good in big cup games for two seasons, I don't understand the logic that says that doesn't count for anything - usually said by people who also say we won't win because we lost a playoff final in 1586. We've got the team to grind out promotion through the playoffs. I don't think it will be spectacular or even that pretty, but I'd put us down for favourites at this moment in time - that will change if Preston show they aren't fazed by being in the playoffs. The danger is that if any team come at us fast and positively, we could be two goals down quickly and it's unlikely we'll score more than 2 in any of the games.

Preston unfortunately.
I think this idea that because we are good in cups we'll do it this time has one big problem, in the cup games Clough has nothing to lose, he does in this and so will play a cautious boring game (ie like a league game) so don't really expect us to do it.
But you never know, we can dream.

Cannot believe the defeatist whimps that are on this site ! On the day of the play offs and you don't believe the Blades will do it !
Into battle we go and believe we can do it !
I've been kicked in the teeth so many times as a Blade but it doesn't stop me believing !
UTB

What am I hearing, we cant go to Bramall Lane tonight thinking we are not going to win the playoffs, at least wait until the semi,s is over with if we are out then decide, if we go through then we have every chance of winning. COURAWW

Back
Top Bottom