Planning for next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Both would be great signings but I think Ajose might be too expensive considering that we already have goalscorers up front.

Kasim is just what we need and a much better alternative to Hammond.

Kasim's out of contract so maybe he'd be attainable. I'm sure he could get a move to the Championship but it's a question of whether he'd be a regular starter, and if not then he'd probably sign for us. Unfortunately though he's not as tall as Hammond.

"It's highly likely that Yaser will play either Premier League football or Championship football next season."

So unlikely he'll be playing for us.

You're joking aren't you?

Signing 24 year olds with resale value would go against everything Adkins has done as manager.

All targets need to be at least 30, be on high wages and have played for Southampton, Scunthorpe or both. This obviously makes them honest and hard working with the endeavour to work hard in the arena.

Has everyone suddenly forgotten that Phipp said we have two more transfer windows like the last one to get through first.

We will be doing very little business of note. Hammond will the marque signing this window.

Need to build a team early and these 2 would be a decent start.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36160868
To sign those two we would need :-

A board of directors with ambition and foresight
A Manager whose recruitment policy isn't mainly signing old pals for one last payday
Although the chairman might be interested as these two would have a resale value which he is always interested in.

To sign those two we would need :-

A board of directors with ambition and foresight
A Manager whose recruitment policy isn't mainly signing old pals for one last payday
Although the chairman might be interested as these two would have a resale value which he is always interested in.

HEY no bigger Blade than me.....

If we signed Nicky Ajose last summer, the majority of blades would have hurled abuse at the manager and board. Both will go to championship clubs in the summer, whilst we ll continue to think buying established L1 players is below us and pursue championship reserves on 8 to 10k a week. Does the board wonder why we have been losing £5/6 million a season in L1?

Some classic "bullshit bingo bullshit bingo" phrases building in this thread, predictably Barney kicking it off with only 180 seconds on the clock.......:)

UTB

Kasim's a wonderful player. Bossed the second half in that 1-1 at the Lane. Just wonder, as Ben Gladwin (surprisingly) struggled this year at a higher level, if Kasim might be willing to give it a go at an ambitious Third Division club (lol!) & grow into becoming a championship player that way?

Anyway, would love to see him here.

Would have said the same too for his colleague at left wingback, Ormonde-Ottewill, who was impressive on that day as well. But he's been caught up in that "laughing gas" scandal recently, & we could probably do without the prospect of disciplinary problems.

Really good age, both Ajose & Kasim too. Just that they're about 6 years or so too young for us.

Suggested Kasim at the beginning of this season but Bergen vetoed it on the basis that he was too slow. I wonder what he feels now having seen the alternative. Over to You BB?

Absolutely no chance will we even attempt this sort of signing.

Cutting our cloth remember?

Kasim's a wonderful player. Bossed the second half in that 1-1 at the Lane. Just wonder, as Ben Gladwin (surprisingly) struggled this year at a higher level, if Kasim might be willing to give it a go at an ambitious Third Division club (lol!) & grow into becoming a championship player that way?

Anyway, would love to see him here.

Would have said the same too for his colleague at left wingback, Ormonde-Ottewill, who was impressive on that day as well. But he's been caught up in that "laughing gas" scandal recently, & we could probably do without the prospect of disciplinary problems.

Really good age, both Ajose & Kasim too. Just that they're about 6 years or so too young for us.

I was also impressed with Traore form them that day. When he came on the game turned in their favour as he bossed the midfield playing a 'Makalele' role. Winning the ball and playing short passes.

Both would be very good signings IMO.

Sadly I can't see us being in for either because we will favour a 33 year old who is on big money, and a 27 year old who has not played football for 4 years and has the possibility of being convicted of rape part way through the season.

If we don't sign Hammond & assuming we stick to the current formation. I would be excited to see Kasim slightly withdrawn, in the middle of a three the other two being Colchester's Gilbey & Moncur as our starting midfield.

That midfield would be a 10000x increase on our current trio as they'd offer us passing qualities, movement & attacking intent and crucially they wouldn't cost a bomb to recruit either. However with United being United it won't happen :(

Realistically speaking, I can't see either of them wanting to sign for us and both seem destined for at least Championship level. We need to accept our position and think about similar types of players who might be available from League 2 or even non-league. After all, that's how we got Che and Barnsley's Marc Roberts didn't look too shabby last week when he had Billy in his pocket. Perhaps even Scottish players, for all the Scougalls and McNulty's, we did get Jamie Murphy too.

I think the key is we must sign players with pace, we are lacking pace all over the pitch. The other key is going to be what loan players we can attract. Less of the Hammond's and more of the Baptiste variety please.

Im planning on getting a Valencia season ticket next season , 300 euros for all games and get to see all the worlds best players
but will go in my United shirt and pretend its us

If we don't sign Hammond & assuming we stick to the current formation. I would be excited to see Kasim slightly withdrawn, in the middle of a three the other two being Colchester's Gilbey & Moncur as our starting midfield.

That midfield would be a 10000x increase on our current trio as they'd offer us passing qualities, movement & attacking intent and crucially they wouldn't cost a bomb to recruit either. However with United being United it won't happen :(

Fuck that, Hammonds already penned.

Back
Top Bottom