Pick any manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
If you could take any manager to take over tomorrow who would it be and why

I would take Pulis from West Brom he's organised gets his players to give some fight on the pitch and gets results

I'm happy with Adkins and I believe he'll get us promoted. However, if he resigned and I had to pick someone else...
Sean Dyche in heartbeat. He's absolutely fantastic, the best British Manager at the moment in my view. I was glad he didn't leave for Sunderland last season as it would have messed his career up a lot going to that mess.

Pulis was a good shout.

Warnock would easily win promotion. Just look at what he's done at Rotherham.

Would like somebody like Eddie Howe. As daft as it sound Brendan Rodgers and David Moyes would be suited too. Both have experience outside the premiership and know how to build teams up.

Chris Wilder. Mainly because he's the closest there is to Neil Warnock without being Neil Warnock. He's also a manager firmly on the up. I wouldn't want Warnock purely in the interests of retaining his reputation and status with the club.

Okay then if we are going to this level I'll say Pep.

It did say "any manager".

I would prefer a Rodgers, Moyes or Pulis than say a Mourinho or Guardiola. ... NOW... they're our pipe dreams. But if we were a team like Swansea, Stoke, Palace etc. a bigger name like Jose or Pep would be their pipe dream

Okay then if we are going to this level I'll say Pep.
I was thinking along those lines but then it occurred to me that someone like him or Simeone wouldn't stay more than a couple of weeks once they had to deal with the people who run the club. Can you imagine Pep being told by a technical committee that consists of a piling contractor, a lower league scout and Christ knows who else telling him who he should be signing?
Can you imagine Simeone putting up with anything?

mike-bassett.jpg

Four Four Fuckin Two ;)

Mauricio Pochettino, he's already said how much he loves the atmosphere, to be honest I think he'd snatch McCabes hand off......probably :)

Harry Redknapp. He has just joined CCM as an consultant, given we partly own them then he'll be installed as our manage by midsummer......

Not sure this thread does any good whatsoever to the cause, but Chris Wilder!!!! I love the bloke and he's a Blade and he talks Sheffield, not jargon.

Any manager, ever? Ferguson.

Any manager, who's not retired? Mourinho.

Any manager, that's a realistic target for us? Dyche.

I like Adkins tho, TBF

Simeone would suit us.

If we're talking British based and semi realistic, then Mick McCarthy.

Dreaming? Simeone....taken a club of similar size to us, worked with great restrictions and selling of players year on year and still produced.
Realistic? I'll stick.
If required? Tisdale at Exeter. Been there a long time, achieved with next to nothing (the fans own the club, so fuck all to spend, in fact selling is a must). Done it as a straight manager and also for the last few years worked with a DoF Steve Perryman.

Harry Redknapp. He has just joined CCM as an consultant, given we partly own them then he'll be installed as our manage by midsummer......
"We" don't partly own them at all. We had/have an affiliation because McCabe is/was on their board and are owned by an English guy

Back
Top Bottom