Phipps and 'The Prince'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bricktop

Reaction score
Where are these pair of bullshit merchants when we are getting outclassed at the hands of a primitive, agricultural Port Vale side.

The last 6 weeks we haven't been able to sign a Leicester or Fulham reserve teamer, despite us crying out for reinforcements for the worst team we have had for at least 30 years, and arguably in history. All this despite having £1.5m transfer money from the sale of Jamie Murphy in the bank, and still having untold riches of the game changing investment that was in the words of McCabe "think Liverpool".

I think they have had their period of grace, have been proved to be fucking lairs and bullshitters. I think it is now abundantly clear that now Scarborough Group own Bramall Lane and all Sheffield United assets that McCabe doesn't want anything to do with us now he has effectively gained control of our assets off of the club and its fans.

Dont blame Adkins, he has been lied to and came in to this job on a load of broken promises and been sold down the river. I personally think the best thing that could happen is that he resigns with his integrity intact and shows that shower of cunts Phipps, The Bogroll Prince, McCabe, Branigan, Baki and the rest of the lairs, thieves and bullshit merchants for what they really are.

Can't agree with the OP. We've had a budget that should get us us promoted for a number of seasons.

We've just been more than a bit shit at doing it.

I'm taking this budget isn't in terms of spend, given that we're probably spent in actuality nothing on transfers in the last 2 years when you even out money in vs money out.

As for wages, under Wilson FFP was used regularly as an excuse for not spending money. It's seldom mentioned now.

Where are these pair of bullshit merchants when we are getting outclassed at the hands of a primitive, agricultural Port Vale side.

The last 6 weeks we haven't been able to sign a Leicester or Fulham reserve teamer, despite us crying out for reinforcements for the worst team we have had for at least 30 years, and arguably in history. All this despite having £1.5m transfer money from the sale of Jamie Murphy in the bank, and still having untold riches of the game changing investment that was in the words of McCabe "think Liverpool".

I think they have had their period of grace, have been proved to be fucking lairs and bullshitters. I think it is now abundantly clear that now Scarborough Group own Bramall Lane and all Sheffield United assets that McCabe doesn't want anything to do with us now he has effectively gained control of our assets off of the club and its fans.

Dont blame Adkins, he has been lied to and came in to this job on a load of broken promises and been sold down the river. I personally think the best thing that could happen is that he resigns with his integrity intact and shows that shower of cunts Phipps, The Bogroll Prince, McCabe, Branigan, Baki and the rest of the lairs, thieves and bullshit merchants for what they really are.

Phipps is a cunt?

Phipps is a cunt?

I'm sorry. I meant to say that he was best person ever associated with the Blades. He talks to fans on Facebook and Twitter, goes for a pint with those that can afford to pay for a pint at £4 a pop in the Copthorne, and has presided over United turning in to the Harlem Globetrotters of League 1 with galaticos such as David Edgar, Chris Basham and Scunthorpe Messi, Martyn Woolford

I agree. The Prince's involvement has had absolutely zero positive impact on the league standing of this club. To all intents and purposes, he might as well not have bothered. McCabe has turned United, for the first time in its history, into a club whose natural level is the Third Division.

I agree. The Prince's involvement has had absolutely zero positive impact on the league standing of this club. To all intents and purposes, he might as well not have bothered. McCabe has turned United, for the first time in its history, into a club whose natural level is the Third Division.

The last time The Prince was in town, and I recall it was first visit in 18 months, there was a genuine sense of 'oooooo, The Prince is in town, something good must be happening at the Lane, rather than anyone questioning the apparent lack of progress made in his time as owner of Sheffield United. In fact the only coverage that filtered down to the Fans was a few photos of a bored looking prince.......

There is investment, just look at the accounts to see that but why they bother when they get crap like this written about them god only knows. Some people seem to think they are experts at spending others millions without having the capability of earning it themselves in the first place. If I was the Prince or McCabe reading posts like this I'd get shut quickly.

There is investment, just look at the accounts to see that but why they bother when they get crap like this written about them god only knows. Some people seem to think they are experts at spending others millions without having the capability of earning it themselves in the first place. If I was the Prince or McCabe reading posts like this I'd get shut quickly.

Yes, why invest in a football club with the sole purpose of making money out of it if someone is going to write something slightly nasty about you on a football message board you've probably never read and will never read.

Last edited:

So come on then, where has the investment been made, and where have the improvements on the pitch come due to the aforementioned investment?

Presumably we were within the FFP limit before we sold Murphy. We got £1.5m for him and a few grand a week off the wage bill. Since then we have signed precisely nobody. That surely means FFP is no excuse here and we have the funds ready to be spent. So in the face of our pathetic yet predictable struggles on the pitch in a poor league there for the taking, the refusal to pay the wages of even one loanee in a key position displays a staggering lack of ambition and questions must be asked of the owners.

I doubt McCabe and the Prince even have a clue what's going on. It seems everything's been delegated to a number of individuals in different roles who collectively somehow take responsibility for the key day to day issues and decisions at the club. But it seems none of them are very good at what they do and no one individual has any real authority. The buck only stops with a man who's barely involved and only seems to crawl out of the woodwork for things such as managerial appointments.

Didn't say it had made improvements on the pitch but there has been investment, we were losing £5m a year before the Prince came in so we need investment just to stand still

The NFL is currently in full swing and that's the first love of the Prince, he will start taking a bit more interest after the Super Bowl which should be in time for the February loan window to open up.

Stopped following Phipps on Twitter as I got tired of his bullshit truisms.

I thought, when the Prince first came along, that there was a guaranteed investment in the playing squad? The Prince has clearly put a lot of money in behind the scenes but has he invested anything in terms of the playing squad?

Looks like Brownie got out of the wrong side of bed this morning?

Tee Hee

HH

How completely ridiculous does that major investment on the pitch look now by the way...

Unfortunately McCabe couldn't sell it so gave it away for a pound, and the prince couldn't even get his pound back now. It's not crap that with the money spent by both that the only reason we aren't out of this division is that we have been badly mismanaged.

Go on, find them a buyer...

Didn't say it had made improvements on the pitch but there has been investment, we were losing £5m a year before the Prince came in so we need investment just to stand still
Losing £5m a year is the thing we have to fathom out as to why we are losing that much and what we are going to do about it, because a club at our level should not be losing that much.

If the Prince is putting money in just to keep the club afloat and not to improve the playing side of things then that goes against what was said at the start of his reign. Then again, words mean fuck all in the grand scheme of things, actions mean everything.

I thought, when the Prince first came along, that there was a guaranteed investment in the playing squad? The Prince has clearly put a lot of money in behind the scenes but has he invested anything in terms of the playing squad?
Just seen this Robbie and it reiterates what I was saying in my post above, good post mate ;)

Just seen this Robbie and it reiterates what I was saying in my post above, good post mate ;)

Although, having said that, I seem to remember something about him agreeing to match whatever KM invested in players. Maybe George Osborne's best mate is the issue here.

Although, having said that, I seem to remember something about him agreeing to match whatever KM invested in players. Maybe George Osborne's best mate is the issue here.
Not another politics thread? Fucking hell mate :D

What I don't get is that when this lot took over, they made it very clear that their main aim was to make money on the club. To do that, we need to be getting back in the premier league.

The longer we're in this shit league, selling our best players and not replacing them, the more expensive it will be for them and the less likely they are to make their money back.

So why not properly go after it and show we mean business and get they bloody money back???

Presumably we were within the FFP limit before we sold Murphy. We got £1.5m for him and a few grand a week off the wage bill. Since then we have signed precisely nobody. That surely means FFP is no excuse here and we have the funds ready to be spent. So in the face of our pathetic yet predictable struggles on the pitch in a poor league there for the taking, the refusal to pay the wages of even one loanee in a key position displays a staggering lack of ambition and questions must be asked of the owners.

I doubt McCabe and the Prince even have a clue what's going on. It seems everything's been delegated to a number of individuals in different roles who collectively somehow take responsibility for the key day to day issues and decisions at the club. But it seems none of them are very good at what they do and no one individual has any real authority. The buck only stops with a man who's barely involved and only seems to crawl out of the woodwork for things such as managerial appointments.
dont you mean BAD managerial appointments ?

What I don't get is that when this lot took over, they made it very clear that their main aim was to make money on the club. To do that, we need to be getting back in the premier league.

The longer we're in this shit league, selling our best players and not replacing them, the more expensive it will be for them and the less likely they are to make their money back.

So why not properly go after it and show we mean business and get they bloody money back???
agreed pete, i dont have a problem with them making money out of the club thats why they are in business,but i get sick of listening to the same old shit trotted out pre-season,game changing investment,promotion,ah well the transfer window opens soon we will get someone in then, bullsit & more bollocks the club is being run on a shoestring:mad: you only have to look to the dark side and look whats happening there,the only thing i hope for, is complaceny to set in and they implode in glorious technicolour :) if they do somehow go up they will be impossible and the PL may as well give them the PL title as soon as they go up. whilst ever we continue to sell our best players and not replace them with quality additions we are stuck in this shit league,this was the season to go up,but i fear we are down here for a long time yet :( number 1 priority - new fax machine !

Back
Top Bottom