Peter Kitchen

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
Spotted his post in the Football Memories FB group so I replied with "I remember you, Peter Kitchen, always scoring against the Blades! I think I read in the Green Un in the 1970s that you supported the Blades when you were a boy. Have I got this right?".

PK:Yes Peter, I watched them when they played in the old first division, played good football and far more attacking minded than their Sheffield rivals !! I always scored against them including a hat trick in 1977.!!

Me; It was March 1978 actually when Orient won 3-1! Who were your heroes at the Lane? Mick Jones? Joe Shaw? Doc Pace? You played against Woody a few times. I remember your winning goal at the Lane when Orient won 2-1 in Alex Sabella's debut in August 1978. It is in youtube

PK; Alan Woodward then Tony Currie, I played against them a few times. I remember the game when Sabella made his debut as it was the first match of the season & very hot, 80 deg +

Sabella's debut was my first game at the Lane. 8 years old and full of wonder at the crowd, the atmosphere, the smells. Stood on the John Street western terrace right at the front behind the CIS Insurance advertising hoarding. The 2-1 defeat was a sign of things to come for the next 38 years

Back
Top Bottom