Partnerships.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Woodwardfan

Woodwardfan
Reaction score
Very surprisingly to me we have started the season without the expected partnerships in the team.

Clough today talks of the emerging Alcock/ Davies partnership and that is encouraging..

To my mind the essential partnerships are in central defence: full back/ winger: front two (though we rarely play two): central midfield: and centre half/ holding midfielder.

As far as I can see, from selections and performances to date, all those are there to earn for players who have to demand their place in the team.

This is not where we hoped or expected to be at this stage, but there were so many new recruits that it was perhaps inevitable. Promotion depends on these partnerships emerging quickly.

It's the higdon and....... One I'm most bothered about.
Mcnulty
Baxter
Diego
Murphy
Ched
Anyone
Someone
Someone else
Porter

Deane and Agana for me, or Morris and Edwards. By comparison you can see we are struggling now.

Deane and Agana for me, or Morris and Edwards. By comparison you can see we are struggling now.

Different era, different way of playing and different emphasis. I'm not convinced Clough will play two up front. As for the 10 role, I think that will rotate more than most positions unless someone really flourishes. Don't rule out the kids that can play there either, Reed, De Girolamo even Khan.

Different era, different way of playing and different emphasis. I'm not convinced Clough will play two up front. As for the 10 role, I think that will rotate more than most positions unless someone really flourishes. Don't rule out the kids that can play there either, Reed, De Girolamo even Khan.

Surely it's Baxter's to lose, right now?

Back
Top Bottom