Parking around Valley Parade?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Antonb

Reaction score
I am just after a little advice about where to park near Bradfords ground. I have never driven there before. Is there any easy places to park and escape after the match? Cheers.

Get the train which stops off at Leeds, have a couple of sherberts there for a few hour then go and enjoy the game. Afterwards, do the same but in reverse, missing the enjoying the game part out of it completely. :)

I'm a Blade who lives in the bad lands of Bingley. If you are definitely going to drive, then I would recommend parking in a 'proper' car park (new Broadgate shopping centre or alternatively there are 2 multi storey car parks in town (one at Kirkgate Centre).... not that expensive (certainly cheaper than Sheffield or L**d's prices). On road parking not easy to find around the ground... and the general area around the ground (Manningham) isn't the best.

Bonus of going via public transport is that you can enjoy a few pints.... and there are some decent pubs in Bradford (eg Corn Dolly near the Cathedral) where you can get a great pint with no bother (assuming you're not going in there to nail Blades flags all over the walls!) or the Fighting Cock - bit further out on Preston Street. There's a Whetherspoon's up near the Uni too which is OK. In the city centre there's the City Vaults. All OK.

Just praying that we win. My missus and a lot of my mates are Bantams..... and I'll never hear the last of it if we feck in lose!

UTB!!!!

Go in the Forster Square shopping centre, free parking for 3 hours.

I drove up last time when Weir was manager, didn't really know where to park, so followed the signs for the ground and ended up parked on a back street around a bit of an industrial area within about 1km walk of the away end. No problems at all and i'd say one of the easier grounds to get away from, from what i can recall.

Plenty of parking to the east of the railway line up the hill and it's a marginally better area than Manningham. Getting away you can either work your way round Bradford ring road and get onto the M606 or head over east and get onto the Leeds ring road at New Pudsey, then head down to the M621 near Elland Road. Either way you'll get a bit of traffic but once you're on the ring roads you'll be away. I've parked on Queens Road or across the A6176 on the Ashbournes and been absolutely fine. Leave yourself 10-15 to yomp down the hill though with the rest of the fans.

A big thank you for all your advice, I might take a chance and try and park near the ground somewhere. My Internet is going to get some hammer today. Thank you again.

Parking every time near ground without problem ... doing same again when tonight's Kelham island intake has eventually worn off !

The usual thing in Bradford is to just abandon the car at random anywhere. It'll be reet...

10-15 minute walk from Forster Square, 15-20 from Interchange.
plenty of parking along Canal Road - Forster Square retail park or one of the 2 heading out towards Shipley. You might get a spot along Queens Rd or Midland Rd.
Don't go on the western side of Manningham Lane unless its along the back of Mannigham Park.

Parked on the side roads last time. Just off that main road on the high side of the ground.

Always driven to Bradford & not had any probs parking in the car park bang opposite where the away fans go in. Its only grass so could be a tad muddy if there's been lots o' rain. Cant remember exactly how much I paid but its only a few quid

My nephew 'Irish Johnny' runs a firm in West Yorkshire, towing away illegal parked cars and other assorted vehicles.
Look out for his truck "Irish Johnny's" driving about, bung him a score on and he'll make sure you won't get clamped or towed away. £100 release fee up until 5.00pm or from 9.00am on Monday.

Can't miss him, 6' 7", red hair, Ronnie Drew beard...

There's also a gang of youths who do the "look after yer car, Mister" routine.. ain't a quid, £10 and yer still come back to no wheels, mirrors and sat navs. If that happens, "Irish Johnny" has a load of them at his base he'll let you have for a decent price.

Stay safe Blades.

X

Back
Top Bottom