"Our support is fackin shit"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Look we may have good numbers but whats the point when we are either pretty much silent in 90% of the ground and jumping on the players back at every opportunity like some so-called blades behind me did for 90 minutes flat on Saturday (which is hardly going to have any effect other than negative on the players).

So yes at the minute our support is SHIT

Given the crap we have watched most of the season our support is awesome. It's hard to sing for 90 minutes when we are putting 10 men behind the ball at home to the likes of Crewe and when we continually pass the ball sideways and backwards really, really slowly.

As for numbers, very few teams in the country would be matching our average after 4 seasons in L1.

Given the crap we have watched most of the season our support is awesome. It's hard to sing for 90 minutes when we are putting 10 men behind the ball at home to the likes of Crewe and when we continually pass the ball sideways and backwards really, really slowly.

As for numbers, very few teams in the country would be matching our average after 4 seasons in L1.
Especially as we are leaving in droves as Harrys game says.

The supporters have not deserted sheff u. has some fickle supporters would. they turn up every home game willing our team on. its the disappointment at what goes on. On the pitch that makes us unhappy the supporters turn up. but many times this season .do the team?
Top 5 crowds yesterday (outside the Premiership)

Wolves v Ipswich - 23,409
Sheff Utd v Bradford - 21,879
Cardiff v Millwall - 19,639
Watford v Birmingham - 19,156
Charlton v Leeds - 18,053

It isn't even up for discussion really is it?

I don't understand the OP. Seriously, given the continual numbers we get, home and away, why would anyone choose to consider this a topic worth discussing?

whats to understand
we have fans who analyze the shit out of a draw and can draw conclusions we are shite

surely we can analyze if the fans are coming up to muster

are they backing the club giving 100%
are they fit to wear the shirt
do they add to the cause
are they team players etc

heard some say united should be top as they have best resources
arent the fans a resource , when they back the side
22000 less 2000 bradfordians becomes like 15000 when 5000 are mumbling

criticism is so easy

If I were to sum up Blades support I would say "loyal but unforgiving".

In my time Harris and Bassett are the only two to ever inspire the majority of our supporters. Even Bassett, despite all he achieved, had his detractors. We are from S2, we are loyal, straight, vocal, obstinate, but not daft.

I think we have unbelievable support, but quite a few fans do get on players backs when they have a bad game encouragement is just as easy as heckling.

We are very quiet, but that's understandable.. Most fans are probably half asleep most games, I know I am! Quite often more action with the players warming up than on the pitch. I don't agree with booing and jeering players with misplaced passes etc, as they are just going to be even less willing to try something the time after.

Our support is as good if not better then most in this country. We have a great attendance at home especially with the poor performances, I think we have had 2 games at home where we dominated and look comfortable for the 3 points (yeovil, Scunthorpe) that is not very good to say we have played 18 games at home.
Clubs in England never seem to make much noise at home, its not just us. I don't think we will ever see English football as lively as in Germany for example, I think a big reason for that is down to the money in the game but that is discussion for another day.
Also it would help if we sang something more original, we are just using songs from other clubs its all very bland. We rarely sing we are bladesmen from the lane anymore or greasy chip butty in middle of the game. Just shoreham boys this and that and blah blah blah like every other club.
We have good fans, fans that back the team every game, just easily frustrated.

Chump alert

We probably have the most patient, unrewarded fans in the country.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I think rochdale are having their greatest season of all time right now and their playoff chances have gone. They won't complain and would love to swap with us Anyone who has been going there more than a few years must have the patience of a saint.

It's all relevant of course and what is a source of unbearable depression to us would be a cause for massive jubilation for others. To some outsiders it must look like we're spoilt wankers moaning at a safe playoff spot but really this period is our worst experience in about 30 years. You can't argue with the numbers though, 19.5k average is amazing.

If I was second guessing what prompted the OP .... Yesterday for the umpteenth time at the lane the away fans took great pleasure in singing this .
I for one think the numbers are amazing.
But it's very very quiet and i think that's what the away fans are pointing at not the numbers ( of course)
I suspect they can't understand why it's so quiet looking at our league position.
But they are the ones who have had to watch paint dry all season.
It's been questioned before as to whether the crowd should inspire the team or the team inspire the crowd - my own view is is starts with the latter .. Or it should do!!
As for the original post my own view is we have amazing support but that however you see the reasons why the lane has turned into a morgue.
Shame as remember back in the prem season the place was absolutely rocking and worth an extra goal sometimes .

To be fair we haven't had a lot to cheer about for the last 5 years at least apart from the odd occasions where we are as loud as anyone, fans find it hard to shout "hard luck old chap next time your shot will go for a goal kick rather than a throw in" or "good try fella your next cross might not reach row ZZ of the kop" when the fans see some quality and effort and a bit of attacking from the Blades the lane is one of the best grounds in the country we just don't get to see it much anymore.
I do take it the OP is concerned about the noise levels, watching the shit served up this season no one can complain about the numbers

If I was second guessing what prompted the OP .... Yesterday for the umpteenth time at the lane the away fans took great pleasure in singing this .
I for one think the numbers are amazing.
But it's very very quiet and i think that's what the away fans are pointing at not the numbers ( of course)

absolutely this, if we're not a goal up within the first 10 minutes the atmosphere is horrible

The OP needs clarification. Are we talking Quantity of support or Quality of support?

There is no doubt with regard to the former we are far from 'shit'. With regards to the latter, well there seems to be a 'new Blade on the Block.' A little less forgiving and maybe a little less patient.

IMO something has died at the club. We used to laugh at the fickleness of our neighbors when they barracked their team at full time and threw on their cushions from their brand new cantilever. At BDTBL the booing of the team / management seems to be almost expected at half time and full time.

Maybe we have lost something or even someone this season that personified the Blade of old and we'll never get it back.

Great song lyrics - 'February made me shiver....... The day the music died.'

Back
Top Bottom