Our best ever penalty taker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
Apologies if this thread has been done before but after seeing Blackman's pen against us on Wednesday it got me thinking. I was just getting into football when Duffield was about but in my lifetime it has to be Blackman I think

I seem to remember Andy Gray being quite decent.

My mind was pretty foggy in that era though

Great shout that to be fair. I'm still going Blackman because he was so confident that you in the stands couldn't help but feel confident

Beattie was great, Blackman too but only had him a short time. Remember Jack Lester winning and scoring a few for us also.

Blackman for me too.

Does anyone know if he's ever missed one in his career? Would be surprised if he has.

Duffield scored every penalty he took for us at youth, reserves and 1st team matches, Blackman's technique is good but it wull be ruled illegal if he carries on like he always did. Forgot that Andy Gray was good as was Bobby Ford

Jack Lester was possibly one of our all time best penalty "winners"
When he joined Chesterfield I told my workmate that Lester is brilliant at winning penalties and it turned out that he was good at winning penalties for Chesterfield too!

Billy Dearden was good at winning penalties too, always falls flat on his face to make it look genuine! Colin Morris won a lot of penalties too

Blackman. Billy Sharp seems to send them down the middle far too often

James Beattie.

Jack Lester was best at winning penalties though.

Kenworthy although personally always feel uncomfortable with left footers. Any records on who scored most for us ?

Morris missed 12 penalties for us although quite often he would go on to score from the rebound

Now until you quoted that fact I would have said Colin Morris. All I can remember is him sticking them in the bottom left every time. Shows how the memory can fail you.

Back
Top Bottom