Our anouncer, Tannoy system, whatever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

cahill

Reaction score
I was sat on the kop for both games this week and couldn't make head or tail of what the announcer was saying. Last night there were lots and lots and lots of announcements. There seemed to be a large number of people in front of the players tunnel whilst the announcer babbled on. Turns out we were asked to give a minutes silence for a very well liked Handsworth Blade who'd sadly died RIP. The second thing I noticed was both teams standing on the centre circle and I worked out that we'd been asked to acknowledge a minutes silence, which was then followed by a minutes applause.

I'm sure I wasn't the only person who struggled to make anything out of what the announcer said. The outcome could have been embarrassing for the club.

the PA is F***** and thats a professional opinion, has been for the last 3 games. They need to get it sorted before the game against Bristol City. Come on Blades, ring Allotrope Audio for a quote, you know yo want to.

I messaged Jim Phipps on Twitter about it after the Huddersfield game.
Mainly about gangway A on the south stand, they seemed to have disconnected the offending speaker last night so hopefully they might be working on it.

We found it difficult to hear in the South stand. Always seems to take a few matches to sort the PA system out. Let's hope it's better next Saturday.

Been on the Kop v Huddersfield and Fenerbache. IMO tannoy way too loud. Could hardly talk to/hear my son - sat next to me !!

Couldn't hear a thing at the back of the south stand row RR seat 120. I thought the minutes silence was for the turkish miners , it was a nice touch that the Fernabahce supporters upheld the minutes silence and when sounds of their supporters from the concourse(who would have no idea what was happening) could be heard started a round of applause to mask it. Also the fact they had the banner for Im assuming the same person for the round of applause. I never knew him but for how he's touched a lot of people of SUFC he and his family should be proud.

I messaged Jim Phipps on Twitter about it after the Huddersfield game.
Mainly about gangway A on the south stand, they seemed to have disconnected the offending speaker last night so hopefully they might be working on it.
That is where I was sat, could hardly hear anything, hope they get it fixed for the next kick off.
Also what was up with the pitch last night, it looked terrible.

Yes im on about Gary, but with that crap system, his real name could be Barry, Harry, Larry.............

Tha what ?

I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

You want to try the Westfield Corner, completely inaudible last season.

I've complained to the club before and although they were very positive in their response it seema not much has changed. ..... sigh

I could hear it ok on gangway D of the Kop, row PP. Not as well as usual but I could quite easily make out what Gary was saying.

Yes im on about Gary, but with that crap system, his real name could be Barry, Harry, Larry.............

Future next door neighbour so my mouth is shut don't want to get off on the wrong foot he might look on here occasionally.

Future next door neighbour so my mouth is shut don't want to get off on the wrong foot he might look on here occasionally.

Pussy !!!
Because of the non audiable PA system Ive been having a discussion with my mate about the 1 min silence I know it was for Chris Booth but was it also mentioned it was for the Soma miners as all it says on the website refers to Chris Booth

Couldn't hear a word at the back of the Kop gangway D. Useless.

Tha what ?

I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

You want to try the Westfield Corner, completely inaudible last season.
Don't worry. Now they have other areas complaining they will do something about it.
HEY CUSTOMER SERVICE AT SUFC, PERHAPS YOU COULD FIX THE WESTFIELD CORNER FIRST? -- OR PERHAPS NOT BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE DESERVING FANS IN OTHER PARTS OF THE GROUND (OR MORE). DESPITE THE FACT IT HAS BEEN COMPLAINED ABOUT FOR AT LEAST ALL LAST SEASON IN THAT AREA BUT HEY IT DOES NOT WARRANT SPENDING MONEY ON IT UNTIL IT BREAKS DOWN IN ALL PARTS?

The silence was for the miners.

I'm in the middle of the South Stand, where it's spot on verging on loud. We've had comments to take forward to the SLO meeting from gangway B saying it's deafening and from the Westfield corner end saying it's inaudible.

The silence was for the miners.

I'm in the middle of the South Stand, where it's spot on verging on loud. We've had comments to take forward to the SLO meeting from gangway B saying it's deafening and from the Westfield corner end saying it's inaudible.

Linz - Block D / E on the Kop - inaudible.

UTB

Our PA system has always been really really loud. Has been as long as I can remember. Go to away games and wonder what they're talking about.

I did however notice I couldn't hear the substitutions properly. Whether that was because I didn't know who was who due to the new signings?! or if the PA system is quieter?

I'm Gangway B, MM on South. Few rows infront of the press box.

As far as I could make out all of the speakers on the right hand side of the Kop were dead. sitting in my season ticket seat on gangway E row ii its normaly spot on if not a little to loud but could only hear the reflection from the speakers to the left of me. I would say they know about it and tryed to compensate by turning up in other area's. Bad Idea. You just end up hearing out of time reflections from othe areas canceling out any sound, ending up with a total inaudible mess.

Are people really mumping about not being to hear Garyoke? Just when you thought life couldn't surprise you anymore.....

I was in block E on the kop row Y. Couldn't make anything out which was very annoying. Sinclair seemed to be talking forever immediately prior to kick off v Fener. If the club (and Sinclair) seem to think its a very important role he has then at least have the sense and courtesy to allow us to hear it.

As per the SLO thread, sound technicians were on-site yesterday to try and adjust the balances.

Advised to feedback after the game tomorrow (with stand/block) if it's still not right where you're sitting.

Back
Top Bottom